• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obscure Pokémon game trivia

Pokemon Sun/Moon is the first game where an Admin from an antagonist organization battles alongside one of the grunts. At some point during the infiltration to Aether Paradise Faba challenges you to a double battle while teamed up with an Aether Foundation Employee. Note that the employee only has one pokemon while Faba has three.

Edit: I didn’t realize Shelly from Team Aqua and Courtney from Team Magma had previously done this as well.

DB42EA60-B604-4A80-8B17-276A812F9143.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't know how well known this is, but the 2020 source leak did include some information for the beta of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. It's all text and only the Pokedex data, evolution data, move data, and some stats. Some interesting information we have is that there was a named Torkoal pre-evolution, there's some traces of the known beta Blaziken where it originally had wings, there were a lot of cut grass types, and there was an archeopteryx Pokemon and a dragonfly Pokemon which could potentially have been early Archen and Yanmega.

It's not as exciting as what we got for other Pokemon games, but currently this is the only leak we have for gen 3 pre-release.

It has never been officially confirmed that the game developers had the idea of third/fourth versions of Kalos games, but there's evidence that there was to be another pair of Gen VI games. Every Pokémon has a bit of data in them that tells which game it originated from, each possible value corresponds to a different region.

For example the values 18 and 19 correspond to X and Y respectively and a Pokémon with those values says that it was obtained in the Kalos region. 1A and 1B correspond to ORAS and the Hoenn region. The next two values 1C and 1D aren't Sun and Moon, they do not have an associated game with them, but they also correspond to the Kalos region, meaning that at one point in development probably two more Kalos games were considered. Wether they were sequels like Black and White 2, or more like Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and how far along in development they got is hard to say tho.

This Bulbapedia article shows what I'm talking about with the game of origin values.

You may ask why we should assume that these two codes were supposed to be Gen VI games while we also have unused data in between. In the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon source code leak from the 2020 gigaleak, we got to see the names that correspond to each value. For 1C and 1D they are CALOS_RESERVE_3 and CALOS_RESERVE_4. Fair enough, this implies the existence of CALOS_RESERVE_1 and CALOS_RESERVE_2 which would have been for ORAS, obviously not Kalos games. All that can really be said for sure is that they, at some point, at least considered having two more gen 6 games, which are most likely to be the third and fourth Kalos versions.

When you defeat AI Sada/Turo's team of six Paradox Pokémon and they turn red and challenge you again with the boxart of the version you are playing, the textbox changes from "You are chalenged by AI Sada/Turo" to "You are chalenged by the Paradise Protection Protocol". But for a very brief moment in between, the texbox says "AI Sada/Turo has no intention of fighting any more!" but it is so short that it is almost impossible to notice.

When you defeat AI Sada/Turo's team of six Paradox Pokémon and they turn red and challenge you again with the boxart of the version you are playing, the textbox changes from "You are chalenged by AI Sada/Turo" to "You are chalenged by the Paradise Protection Protocol". But for a very brief moment in between, the texbox says "AI Sada/Turo has no intention of fighting any more!" but it is so short that it is almost impossible to notice.
oh shit, that makes everything much sadder

Hugh's sister is one of the very few important characters in a Pokemon story who doesn't have a unique sprite. In this case, the sprite used for her is a Twin.
I wouldn't say she was important. Yeah, a Pokemon that her grandfather gave her was stolen, but she really doesn't do anything to progress the story after Aspertia City.

I literally just discovered this but myself: I presume after you've completed the Pokédex in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, if you approach the Galaxy Hall at night, Cyllene will invite you to meet up with her and Kamado on the rooftop. Up there, it's explained how Galaxy Team got its name: when the team was first being formed, Kamado compared his team members to stars shining brilliantly in the sky, and one of them commented (paraphrased): "You've got yourself a fine galaxy."

And here's the especially juicy bit: Kamado and Cyllene both acknowledge that the Galaxy Team will eventually disband once people get used to living with Pokémon and the team's existence serves no purpose anymore. Cyllene then promises to keep the team's name alive and pass it down to make sure it's not forgotten. This explains how Cyrus got the name for Team Galactic: his own ancestor wrote it down for her descendants to read.

Now that I think about it, because of Super Secret Bases and how they work mechanically, Hoenn is the only region in the series that provides the National Pokédex and enables you to see every single Pokémon on it in its region. Super Secret Bases let you encounter any sort of Pokémon and they all end up counting as "Seen" in the Pokédex.

Edit: I've done some further research and testing. It doesn't seem like Volcanion or Hoopa can be found in the Super Secret Bases, but all Pokemon who were released by the time ORAS released, including Diancie, are able to be found. Someone let me know if they've seen or found evidence of Hoopa or Volcanion being found in Super Secret Bases otherwise. That would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Once again according to their Pokémon Scale World figures :
Red (HGSS) = 160cm
Red, Leaf and Blue (FRLG) = 140cm
Professor Oak = 175cm
Brock = 170cm
Misty = 150cm (approximately, the figure is 80mm tall but she's tiptoeing)
Lt. Surge = 188cm
Erika = 160cm
Koga = 174cm
Sabrina = a little smaller than 160cm
Giovanni = 175cm
Lance = 175cm

Silver = 155cm
Morty = 175cm
Lyra = 152cm

Brendan = 150cm
Wally = 140cm
Steven = 176cm (surprising)
Wallace = 183cm

Barry = 152cm
Gardenia = taller than 154cm
Volkner = 186cm
Cynthia = 168cm in her official pose

Victor = 160cm
Gloria = 155cm
Hop = 155cm
Marnie = 160 cm (with heels)
Bede = 166cm
Nessa = 175cm
Bea= 165 cm (approximately)
Allister = 144cm (approximately)
Piers = 175cm (approximately)
Leon = 180cm

Nemona = 172cm

No gen 5-6-7 characters unfortunately. And I couldn't find the size of May's figure.

Last edited:
According to their Pokémon Scale World figures, Volkner is 186cm tall and Gardenia is a little taller than 155cm.

Once again according to their Pokémon Scale World figures :
Red = 160cm
Leaf and Blue = 140cm (this is surprising)
Professor Oak = 175cm
Brock = 170cm
Misty = 150cm (approximately, the figure is 80mm tall but she's tiptoeing)
Lt. Surge = 188cm
Erika = 160cm
Koga = 174cm
Sabrina = a little smaller than 160cm
Giovanni = 175cm
Lance = 175cm

Silver = 155cm
Morty = 175cm

Brendan = 150cm
Wally = 140cm
Steven = 176cm (also surprising)
Wallace = 183cm

Barry = 152cm

Victor = 160cm
Gloria = 155cm
Hop = 155cm
Bede = 166cm
Nessa = 175cm
Bea= 165 cm (approximately)
Allister = 144cm (approximately)
Piers = 175cm (approximately)
Leon = 180cm

No gen 5-6-7 characters unfortunately. And I couldn't find the size of May's figure.
I mean, someone who used the Masters models determined Green and Red were around the same height. So just like with every type of height in Pokémon (Charizard in anime vs game), heights are always inconsistent.

Looking at that Gardenia height vs Red's, there's no way Gardenia is smaller than Red.

I mean, someone who used the Masters models determined Green and Red were around the same height. So just like with every type of height in Pokémon (Charizard in anime vs game), heights are always inconsistent.

Looking at that Gardenia height vs Red's, there's no way Gardenia is smaller than Red.
I forgot to mention that
the design used for the Blue figure is the frlg one while Masters use the hgss one which is why the heights are different
The trainer's Pokémon's heights are based on their Pokédex heights.
Gardenia isn't smaller than Red, she's striking a pose that makes her height impossible to know.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that
the design used for the Blue figure is the frlg one while Masters use the hgss one which is why the heights are different
The trainer's Pokémon's heights are based on their Pokédex heights.
Gardenia isn't smaller than Red, she's striking a pose that makes her height impossible to know.
But then which Red design did they use? There is no way Green, at any point in time, is 20cm smaller than Red.

Plus, Masters also has the FRLG outfits, which are both the same height as the HGSS one(s).

Hoo boy… Here we go! (I’m using Google’s cm to ft converter for this one.
Red = 160cm
Yay, Red’s my height!
Leaf and Blue = 140cm (this is surprising)
4’5. How sad.
Brendan = 150cm
You’re almost there, Brendan, keep up the good work.
Steven = 176cm (also surprising)
5’7. Thank God. I know, guys mature faster than girls but, if he’s 25 at 5’7, this means: he was 5’2 at 20, 4’7 at 15, 4’2 at 10, etc. I’m 5’2.
Wallace = 183cm
6’0. Mhm.
Barry = 152cm
5’5? But hey, at least she’s no longer taller than Steven lol
Victor = 160cm
Yay, my height! AGAIN.
Gloria = 155cm
Hop = 155cm
Both of you, almost there.
Take a wild guess.
Bede = 166cm
Wow.
And I couldn't find the size of May's figure.
She’s probably Brendan’s height.
It has never been officially confirmed that the game developers had the idea of third/fourth versions of Kalos games, but there's evidence that there was to be another pair of Gen VI games. Every Pokémon has a bit of data in them that tells which game it originated from, each possible value corresponds to a different region.

For example the values 18 and 19 correspond to X and Y respectively and a Pokémon with those values says that it was obtained in the Kalos region. 1A and 1B correspond to ORAS and the Hoenn region. The next two values 1C and 1D aren't Sun and Moon, they do not have an associated game with them, but they also correspond to the Kalos region, meaning that at one point in development probably two more Kalos games were considered. Wether they were sequels like Black and White 2, or more like Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and how far along in development they got is hard to say tho.

This Bulbapedia article shows what I'm talking about with the game of origin values.

You may ask why we should assume that these two codes were supposed to be Gen VI games while we also have unused data in between. In the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon source code leak from the 2020 gigaleak, we got to see the names that correspond to each value. For 1C and 1D they are CALOS_RESERVE_3 and CALOS_RESERVE_4. Fair enough, this implies the existence of CALOS_RESERVE_1 and CALOS_RESERVE_2 which would have been for ORAS, obviously not Kalos games. All that can really be said for sure is that they, at some point, at least considered having two more gen 6 games, which are most likely to be the third and fourth Kalos versions.
Oh yeah, I’ve seen those before (on TCRF). DC92FDD4-3D26-493C-B245-F715525E49E6.jpeg
OMG you’re right!
IDK why they couldn’t make X2Y2, or whatever was going to be in those spots.
Lemme guess. Because they were too busy for those and wanted to focus on Sun and Moon?
I did my research and saw a video explaining it so yeah.

Last edited:
But then which Red design did they use? There is no way Green, at any point in time, is 20cm smaller than Red.

Plus, Masters also has the FRLG outfits, which are both the same height as the HGSS one(s).
The design used for Red is the hgss one. Yes Blue is not 20 cm smaller than Red when they're the same age.
I should have written
"Red (hgss) = approximately 160cm
Blue (frlg) = approximately 140cm"
There is also a hgss Blue figure. Apparently (according to the sellers, not the official brand) he's meant to be 170cm tall, with his spiky hair, so his height is close to Red's height. But I haven't found the official picture showing his height so take it with a grain of salt.

But there is also another figure of Red, which seems to be based on his frlg version (because he's sold with frlg Blue and Leaf) where his height seems closer to theirs but I can't find his exact height.

This is unrelated but there are mistakes with the Masters models. For example Lana is (was ?) taller than Acerola but on their character sheets, Lana is said to be 140cm tall while Acerola is 145cm tall.

Last edited:
Green being only 170 sure is something. I guess that makes sense since he's Japanese but I would have given him a bit taller than 170 for sure.

One of the heights of all time, for sure.

Can't recall if I've brought this up yet on this thread, but just in case I haven't:

Last year, Pokémon Masters EX ran a special cross-canon promotion campaign that saw Ash being introduced to the game in a pair of special events. In one of those events, Ash takes part in a small battle tournament and faces the player character in the finals. During the battle, the player character uses Solgaleo as one of their Pokémon (obtained in an earlier legendary event). After easily defeating Dracovish, it goes against Ash's Sirfetch'd. And Sirfetch'd actually manages to pull off a double KO. That's right. Ash's Sirfetch'd has canonically defeated a Legendary Pokémon, even if it isn't canon with the anime.

Back
Top Bottom