• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Odd Pokemon Out

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
This is a new game I came up with.

How it works:
I post a group of Pokemon, in which one is different from the others, in a certain way. The next person guesses as to which one is different and why, while posting another group of Pokemon and so on.

Let's begin with my first group:
Lapras, Typhlosion, Latios, Lucario, Hydreigon, Greninja.

Last edited:
Lucario, it's the only one in that list with an attack stat higher than its special attack stat.

This may be kinda hard, but what the heck, start out strong!
Koffing, Quilladin, Lillipup, Quagsire

...I actually didn't know that about Lucario. However, it's not the answer I had in mind.

As for yours...Quagsire, being the only one weak to Grass?

Sounds interesting! Maybe Max's is that Hydreigon is the only one up there with 600BST naturally?

Lugia, Ho-Oh, Arceus?

Typhlosion's the only monotype Pokémon in that list! I think I got it.

Arceus, not a Gen 2 legendary?
Believe it or not, not the answer I was going for. There's something a bit more obscure at work here. Your hint is that there's only one other unlisted Legendary to share this trait with the correct answer!

As a reminder, my group is this:
Lugia, Ho-Oh, Arceus.

Typhlosion's the only monotype Pokémon in that list! I think I got it.

It is Typhlosion, but not the reason I had in mind. What I did have in mind:
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_color

A new group from me:
Vaporeon, Swampert, Feraligatr, Yveltal, Togekiss, Mandibuzz

Swampert, the only one that resists electric.
As for yours...Quagsire, being the only one weak to Grass?
I'm sensing a problem forming with this game, there would be many things that set one Pokemon out from the others, but only one that the poster intended, this isn't what I was going for with mine, and I doubt I guessed correctly what you were thinking either.

Yeah, I'm starting to see that, too. It's gonna be as infuriating as Pun me not at this rate! lol

Too many possibilities.

Very well then. Before I remove this thread, I'd like to post the last riddle for this thread.
Sceptile, Staraptor, Heracross, Tangrowth, Krookodile, Gliscor.

@Max1996

I don't see why you should close the game, why not instead offer a clue that hints towards a property held by the correct answer e.g.:

Slugma, Munchlax, Trapinch, Ferroseed, Slowpoke

Clue: One of these isn't the slowest of their generation.
Answer: Slugma (Shuckle is the slowest of Gen 2)

For a second example:

Ampharos, Mantine, Heracross
Clue: All three share a move, but only one of them learns it in Gen 2
Answer: Ampharos (Hyper Beam)

@Max1996

I don't see why you should close the game, why not instead offer a clue that hints towards a property held by the correct answer e.g.:

It's just that this isn't as popular as I hoped. The flaw in the idea, as pointed out by Lone_Garurumon doesn't help either.

With that said, I'll give a hint in regards to the one in my previous post.
Look at my title.

Hydreigon wasn't the focus of the movie they starred in...?

God, can I even remember what I intended for this one? Well, here goes!
Lugia, Ho-Oh, Arceus.
Hint: They're all trio masters.

Hydreigon wasn't the focus of the movie they starred in...?

God, can I even remember what I intended for this one? Well, here goes!
Lugia, Ho-Oh, Arceus.
Hint: They're all trio masters.

Correct!

...Is it that Arceus is the only one with multiple forms?

Exeggcute, Horsea, Foongus, Seedot, Typhlosion, Spheal.

I do have a hint ready, if anyone wants it.

Typhlosion appears to be the only one that's not the base form of their respective evolutionary line.
...Is it that Arceus is the only one with multiple forms?
Incorrect! Refer to the hint again, and I'll add something extra.

Lugia, Ho-Oh, Arceus.
Hint: Think about what they're masters of.

Typhlosion appears to be the only one that's not the base form of their respective evolutionary line.

Incorrect! Refer to the hint again, and I'll add something extra.

Lugia, Ho-Oh, Arceus.
Hint: Think about what they're masters of.

That's it! The answer is still Arceus, because only Arceus' trio has Pokemon that are part Dragon-type.

Unfortunately, while the guess is correct, but the reason is not.
Here's a hint for the reason I had in mind:
As you probably know, my knowledge on Japanese Pokemon names beats that of most, if not all, users of BulbaGarden Forums.

Lillipup's the only one that doesn't have the :D expression.

That's it! The answer is still Arceus, because only Arceus' trio has Pokemon that are part Dragon-type.
Actually, no! You're still incorrect!
Ho-Oh's underlings are the only ones without wings?
Also incorrect, considering Arceus houses the Lake trio as well as the Creation trio (and even then only Palkia has them).

Lugia, Ho-Oh, Arceus.
Final hint: They're all trio masters. Now think about Generations. After this, I'll reveal the answer if it wasn't guessed correctly, because if I was any more specific I think I'd give it away.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom