• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Of all main characters, who had the best capture in the series?

3Dchu

Hoe- MISTY CONFIRMED
Reaction score
(If this belongs to the evolution/release thread, I'm sorry, but I thought this is something diffrent).

So, in the anime, the main characters capture various Pokémon. Which capture did you thought was the best/funniest/cutest etc.?

Well... Ok... The only funny one I can think of is misty's capturing of Psyduck. She states she dosent want it, trips over a rock and a poke ball falls out.

I dont really class certain captures as better than others, so I had to put my decision down to the most unique capture.

Dawn's Pachirisu was the best in my opinion. I just love that episode. Seeing Dawn catching a hyperactive Pachirisu that does not listen to her and even messes with her hair was funny. And then she thought she would never control it and released it, but she regretted this decision and captured it again. It was something different, and contributed to Dawn's development.

This:

tumblr_m2ygexn0sX1rq3ir4o1_500.gif
'Nuff said. ....How much arm strength does that guy even have?

Second place goes to Brock's capture of Croagunk because of how out of place and awkward it was.

Last edited:
Musashi capturing Habunake is pretty much my favorite scene in the entire franchise, so yeah. :p

Also Haruka catching her Gonbe, because of how hilarious it is. XD

Musashi and Habunake, Hikari and Pachirisu, and Takeshi and Guregguru. The Musashi and Takeshi ones for how hilarious they were and the Hikari one for the character development.

Tracey's capture of Scyther will always be my favorite capture of all time. What do you want from me? Read my tag line~ But seriously now, it differs from the other capture as it was captured in order to save its life. Tracey didn't have plans on keeping it, since he offered to help it train so it could be the swarm leader again, but the bond they had helped Scyther realize that he didn't have to be the leader of his swarm to be happy. And Scyther in turn helped Tracey feel like a better Trainer. It's all so sweet~

Jessie who suddenly pops up to catch Shellder instead of James'. My I laughed.

I am agreeing with the people who enjoyed the Seviper catch. I loved it.

Also, James' catching Yamask was adorable.

I liked Ash's first two capture the best because the episode didn't revolve around the capture he just captured them like it was no big deal. BECAUSE IT ISN'T!

After that it goes to every capture of a pokemon antangonist because capture a strong enemy pokemon is just common sense.

There's just too many to choose from. My particular favorites were Misty's Psyduck and Jessie's Wobbuffet. I suppose I'll say Wobbuffet, purely because I loved his relationship with Jessie. She secretly loved it even though it annoyed the crap out of her, plus It's facial expression was one of funniest ever produced in the anime.

Jessie's Yanma was actually quite interesting. It evolved right after making it a power house and then the heroes were actually stunned for a change. I loved that capture.

Misty's capturing/taming of gyarados was the best in my opinion, although she technically wasnt a main character at the time.

Ash catching Krabby in Season One was one of the best cap's I can remember.

All that I can remember from that capture was Ash using some sort of stick.

I dont renember that?? :p But I do renember it being caught and the pokeball disappearing. Ash then freaked out. I can understand why he thought it was a good capture because of ash's reaction to it disappearing.

Ash's capture of Snorlax. I had no idea it was going to happen, and I was so happy to see Ash add a rare Pokemon (and one of my favourites) to his collection. He managed to resist Jigglypuff's song for over a minute in order to do so, which has to be the longest anything without Soundproof/Insomnia/Vital Spirit has ever lasted. What determination.

Last edited:
Kanto - Misty and Psyduck
Orange - Tracey and Scyther. It's more the story that made me like it.
Johto - Ash and Chikorita
Hoenn - ... can't remember anyone
DP - Ash and Chimchar
BW - Cilan capturing Stunfisk

Out of all of them, I choose Cilan and Stunfisk. How often do you get a capture like that?? XDD

Nominations:

Misty's Psyduck: the Poké Ball falling out was just the start...

Jessie's Seviper: Jessie used Mega Kick! Awesome

Ash's Chimchar: The scene was just so emotional. It was like when Dobby died funny.

Ash's Roggenrola/Palpitoad: These are probably making you go WHAT!? I know, but I have a good reason. Most of the time when a character makes a capture the Pokémon has starred in an episode and it's all emotional and "do you wanna come with me?" type thing. Ash didn't give a damn if Roggenrola or Palpitoad wanted to come with him, he just caught them. This singles them out as good captures as they're like the games. When was the last time that you had a chat to your Deino before capturing it?

Final result: Jessie's Seviper

May capturing Munchlax
Ash capturing Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle for the feels
Misty catching Corsola 'cause she got to actually do something :')
Jessie capturing Seviper

Munchlax wins it though I just laughed so hard that entire episode

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom