• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official DP Discussion Thread...

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
To discuss the games in general...

The first Gym Leader has Geodude, Onix, and Zugaidosu.

Second has Cherinbo, Naetle (!), and Roserade.

Kill me now... The stupid 1st evolution of Naetle is the only cool starter Evo.

AND I WAS GONNA CHOOSE POOCHAMA!

I suppose Gym Leaders can now use Starters because you have two rivals who each use a starter.

I like the Gym Lineup, this time. Don't like that Rock is the first one, though.

I wonder what happens when Brock sees Hyouta in the Anime....

The fact the fossils are used by him means the Underground Area may open after the 1st gym maybe....

Their is a place with WILD Double Battles.

VS Seeker is back.

Bunyatto, interesting. Wonder what the line's Diamond counterpart will be?

EDIT: Wild Double Battles Will Be Cool. And IF I'm Right, They're Are The Beginning Of The Game?

Any news on if Gym Leaders can be re-challenged?

Dunno, but hopefully they will.

I bet that Mimiroru and it's evo might be Diamond version of Nyaruuna

I bet that Mimiroru and it's evo might be Diamond version of Nyaruuna

Seems like it. Looks like I'm getting Diamond for Mimiroru and Zugaidosu

I'm glad I got Pearl, I think Bunyatto is sexy..0.0

I wonder what others are version exclusive?>:

Question: Am I the only one around here who feels like more evos and pre-evos are a sign of a lack of creativity on the part of Gamefreak? I am once again reminded why I got out of pokemon for so many years... I loved Blue, I really did.. the pokemon were fresh and original and cute. After that though it seems like nothing was the same since... which I hoped might have been a little different with a new game system (maybe I hoped we could have some serious creativity). I won't draw a final judgement until I actually play the game, but I am feeling that I personally might be in for a dissapointment(sp?). Well, I guess that having been an avid player of FF games and a lover of Blue has just set my RPG standards way too high. Probably my fault.

These evos looks kick-ass though!

I have to disagree, some of these look bizarrely original.

Kasumi, could you maybe sticky this and the New Pokemon thread? It would make things easier, imo.

Question: Am I the only one around here who feels like more evos and pre-evos are a sign of a lack of creativity on the part of Gamefreak?

That's what I thought about GSC, honestly. And I'm not entirely happy with this generation, either. It would seem that the even numbered generations are destined to be "expansion" generations, featuring backwards compatibility and many new evolutions and pre-evolutions while the odd-numbered generations eschew those concepts in the favor of new Pokemon entirely

That being said, I think we did alright for an even Expansion Gen. Gen II was full of highly uncecessesary new evolutions (Kingdra, Blissey, Politoed) and crap pre-evolutions (Igglybuff). However, for Gen IV, most of the Pokemon that got new evolutions were genuinely under-used and considered both sub-par in terms of power and popularity. Thus, I am not too upset, because the choices for expansions seem to be better thought out. I didn't like any new evolutions in Gen II, however I'm finding a lot to like in Shinou.

Poo. We still don't know any more about Team Galaxy yet.
And about sidequests and new items. :(
And only icons and stats and typing for Pokemon.
Hopefully, the gameguide will be scanned on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom