• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I'm gonna be stubborn and say they will. If The Switch can connect to Bluetooth and Go Park is a thing in LG, I fail to see why the method couldn't be implemented in future games.
Because the Go connection with LGPE is like the whole reason why the latter exists. Making future games compatible with Go defeats this purpose.

I think maintaining Meltan's evolution method in future games is an important thing to do because that's literally how this species of Pokemon evolves. And I think Feebas is currently the only Pokemon that had its evolution retconned.
As Nicolas pointed out, Rockruff and Cosmoem will have to have their evolutions changed as well, because there's going to be more games than just SuMo and USUM. (There's also been changes in side games, like the shards for Espeon and Umbreon) I don't really understand why it's important to keep things the same just because it's how it evolves now, there's no reason a new one can't be created that still suits the lore. (Someone suggested metal held items earlier?)
Come to think of it, wasn't there a leak that mentioned a new evolution method and that the LG Pokemon would be the one that utilized this method?
No, the leak said the new Pokemon would be the secret to the new evolution method, it didn't say anything about the Pokemon itself evolving. (It might have even said that the Pokemon wouldn't even be in the next games IIRC) Meltan's evolution method is new, but it's not giving its powers to other Pokemon.
I'm gonna be stubborn and say they will. If The Switch can connect to Bluetooth and Go Park is a thing in LG, I fail to see why the method couldn't be implemented in future games.
Meltan's not encountered in Go without the mystery box being used. They could make the mystery box available on all games, but then that makes the requirement strange.
Because the Go connection with LGPE is like the whole reason why the latter exists. Making future games compatible with Go defeats this purpose.
There's definitely more than just the Go connection-if that was all there was, there'd be no reason for things like co-op play, gym requirements, or the restricted dex. It's the main selling point, but that doesn't mean that's all there is behind it.

Okay, so you know how we have Master Trainers in these games? Well, seeing as how LGPE are based on Yellow and considering the whole Metapod vs Metapod reference seeming to be in there, wouldn't it be awesome if the Gastly Master was a reference to the anime episode The Ghost of Maiden's Peak? I mean, that episode features and overpowered Gastly, and the Gastly Master should likewise have an OP Gastly. All we need to do from there is place that trainer on a coastal area and make them female.

Who else wants something like this?

I can't consider that Bug Catcher kid a reference to Samurai when he doesn't look like him. It depends on the dialogue.

I have a long list of Kanto anime characters that I consider memorable enough for cameos.

I can't consider that Bug Catcher kid a reference to Samurai when he doesn't look like him. It depends on the dialogue.
Fun fact: Pokémon Yellow actually had the Sandshrew trainer from on of the Anime episodes, but he didn't get a unique sprite or anything. In fact, Butler and Diane got in similar treatment in Platinum (but it was mainly the Japanese version; the translation team didn't catch on).

Given those examples, I don't think it's fair to dismiss the Metapod Master from being a reference to Samurai just because he looks like a standard Bug Catcher. I hope you found this interesting!

His name is AJ, and he was accompanied by Giselle and Joe. Their dialogue gave their identities away at a time when most trainers lacked names.

I've heard that these three Yellow trainers are missing from LGPE, so I am not expecting much. Unless they're restricted to the post-game now.

And Pokemon Go isn’t going to last forever.
Pokemon Go came out over 2 years ago, and we just barely have over 30 Gen IV Pokemon available. With 4 more generations to release, me thinks Pokemon Go will be a thing for at least another 5 years.

Pokemon Go came out over 2 years ago, and we just barely have over 30 Gen IV Pokemon available. With 4 more generations to release, me thinks Pokemon Go will be a thing for at least another 5 years.

Pokemon Go is already declining in some regions because people aren't interested anymore, because the gaps between the generation is to big and there is the problem that some Pokemon are region bound, which makes some people even less interested.

Last edited:
So there are now only 17 days until release of these games. Just a smidge over 2 weeks. It's been an interesting release period for LGPE, that's for sure.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom