• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Apparently, you can capture Eevee and Pikachu in the wild, and evolve those instead, relegating your actual starter to box status. Which I must admit, is a vast improvement over Pokemon Yellow. I find that to be a relief, and should I ever pick up these games, will likely do the same with my Eevee.

Yes, I've heard of that. However, I'm susceptible to caring too much about fictional beings... So I'd be putting the Eevee that is supposed to be my partner in the box and that wouldn't feel right to me.

Mr. Ishihara: I can’t really say much more than what we’ve already talked about today. But what I can say is that Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! focus on the home console gameplay experience, but the games next year will focus more on handheld features and gameplay experience.

Does this mean they’re going to remove co-op later? No...

I have to admit I was pretty impressed with what I seen in the trailer! I like how the Pokémon are all visible and running around, I kind of prefer this. I think Dexnav with shaking grass would have been good too, adds a bit more surprise to it.

I will definitely be going with the Eevee version and I'm happy they finally added the cries from the anime, which I know most people dislike. I'm guessing there won't be gym battles and we will have to wait for the main game next year to see them. I just can't wait to see all the new 3D sprites in game!

Wait, I still don't get it.

Are they or are they not a remake of Yellow? Can I battle wild Pokemon and trainers in the traditional way or it's just catching them like Pokemon GO? If it's just like Pokemon GO I'm not buying it, and will be massively disappointed.

Are they or are they not a remake of Yellow?

We don’t know for certain yet. It’s very close to being a Yellow remake, but some things could be different.

Can I battle wild Pokemon and trainers in the traditional way or it's just catching them like Pokemon GO? If it's just like Pokemon GO I'm not buying it, and will be massively disappointed.

You can’t battle wild Pokémon, but Trainer battles are the same.

Actually...This is making me wonder about the distribution of the Pokemon since now that they'll be out in the open more, is there a chance they'll be more variety?

They're definitely going to keep some features exclusive to these games so that people will always have an incentive to buy them.

@Velvet The trailer shows a Ponyta on Cycling Road like in Yellow, so that's different than RGB/FRLG at least.

I figured the Pokemon will be on the field, it would be a good opportunity to actually spread the Pokemon around a bit, you know? And like Unown Seer said above; Ponyta's on Cycling road so; might not be out of probability.

Now that these games are officially confirmed (and knowing that they are seperate from the traditional core series titles) I am actually quite looking forward to this game. Not being able to battle Pokémon before you capture them will be a bit of an adjustment, however, I am happy that we can still battle other trainers around the region.

Seeing that our starter Pokémon cannot evolve, I am planning on going with Pikachu version for now, and hope that wild Eevee are available in Pikachu version to capture. I'm also curious about the co-op play in these titles. Not much information has been revealed, which leaves me wondering if co-op is as expansive as being able to travel and battle together throughout your whole journey, or if co-op is simply a method of making it easier to capture Pokémon.

Seeing some of these features this game will have, makes me wonder if Pokémon 2019 will also have them. I'm mainly curious to know whether walking with Pokémon and wild Pokémon appearing in the overworld (instead of being random encounters) will continue with the next games.

These games look like they'll be enjoyable enough to play whilst waiting for Pokémon 2019.

I mean maybe if you all keep complaining they'll go "oh well let's just add HMs back in and take away co-op, CLEARLY these features are incredibly unpopular."

(y)

I'm sorry I don’t worship these games blindly. I hope I didn’t hurt your feelings by providing reasonable critique.

Seriously it’s getting a bit too much to accuse everyone of being a 'hater' and 'everyone complaining'. I do not want to start an argument. This game is a mixed bag for me.
I get it that this is your dream game but it still is like any other Pokémon game for many others, specially with a $360 starting price. (Specially when you factor in that a portion of the fanbase is annoyed by the attention Kanto takes away from other regions).

Not many people can afford to run away all that money on a game with less new content just to show their dedication to a franchise.

I hope we all can enjoy these games and provide reasonable critique whenever applicable. Let's look forward to enjoying the season and sharing our reasonable opinions on the games, whether positive or negative. :)

A series should progress and not take away features at random from its next instalments, specially if it’s something as huge as multiplayer involvement.

I'm sorry I don’t worship these games blindly. I hope I didn’t hurt your feelings by providing reasonable critique.

Seriously it’s getting a bit too much to accuse everyone of being a 'hater' and 'everyone complaining'. I do not want to start an argument. This game is a mixed bag for me.
I get it that this is your dream game but it still is like any other Pokémon game for many others, specially with a $360 starting price. (Specially when you factor in that a portion of the fanbase is annoyed by the attention Kanto takes away from other regions).

Not many people can afford to run away all that money on a game with less new content just to show their dedication to a franchise.

I hope we all can enjoy these games and provide reasonable critique whenever applicable. Let's look forward to enjoying the season and sharing our reasonable opinions on the games, whether positive or negative. :)

A series should progress and not take away features at random from its next instalments, specially if it’s something as huge as multiplayer involvement.

I wouldn't REALLY count the starting price as $360, because you're all going to buy a Switch either way, whether it's for these games or the 2019 games, so that's not a viable excuse in all honesty.

I was thinking ahead and bought a Switch about half a year ago, anticipating a release this year.

I wouldn't REALLY count the starting price as $360, because you're all going to buy a Switch either way, whether it's for these games or the 2019 games, so that's not a viable excuse in all honesty.

The switch will most probably get cheaper, or get a dockless version. People also get more time for saving their money if the game is not worth the price. They may prefer to spend the money on all-new experiences like Super Mario Odyssey and Generation 8.

Removing features because the fanbase is complaining about entirely different issues like you make it out to be shows GameFreak as a petty person and not a company which exists to make money and please it’s fanbase.

The fanbase complains about the games' setting and lack of content.
"Take away the one of the new objectively experience-enhancing thing brought to the table."
Is a very bad logic and shows that the company is out of touch with the fans.

The switch will most probably get cheaper, or get a dockless version.

There have been rumors for nearly a year of a handheld-oriented Switch, one slightly smaller in size, with no detachable joycons, but that it will be compatible with the docks of the full-sized Switch.

That being said, if you just wait for that, you're only having yourself lose some of the features and quality available on the full Switch, I'll get a handheld cuz I've always had two of every handheld for Pokemon game trading, and the Switch will be no exception, but I at least wanted the console version to start with.

Well with the negative reception these games are getting for just existing, you might send them the wrong messages

That is more or less what I was hinting at, in an incredibly sarcastic way.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom