• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

when i first heard that co-op was going to be on the Let's Go games I was hoping that each person had six and that the opponents would have six each (or close to) and team up. giving each team a max of 12 and it be 2 vs 2.

I’ve got to be honest, that sounds like it would be so tediously drawn out that I don’t think GF would implement that even if they were actively trying to make a difficult game exclusively for experienced players.

I'm probably the only person who's glad the jerkish rival went the way of the dinosaur. I never liked blue and honestly I think he's overrated and just a jerk for the sake of being a jerk. Silver's better with an actual character ark and development. But honestly there's only so many times you can do the old jerk becomes not a jerk ark. So I think this is for the best.

So, over time, I’ve come to feel that Blue really isn’t that much of a “jerk.” Yeah he comes off as smug, but I read that as a sort of cocky banter, especially since we keep beating him. Instead of getting all down on himself about it like Calem/Serena or just going with the flow like Hau, he has a more competitive attitude and responds to his losses in more of a deflective way, like saying “That was a fluke!” or “You just got lucky that time!” even though we’re clearly better at it than him. And teasing and playing pranks on each other isn’t that uncommon in boys that age. It seems pretty realistic to me.

I haven’t had too much of a problem with the more modern rivals, but I do think that not every friendship needs to be depicted as some bubbly, saccharine hug-fest. Gladion was a nice change of pace for the rival tone.

Edit: Also, Cheren don’t get enough credit. While he wasn’t a “jerk” per se, he still had his moments of being a myopic, arrogant know-it-all, and getting over that behavior makes up a fair portion of his character arc.

Last edited:
Add that to my confusion about the starter being picked from a table with three Poke Balls

I think that's supposed to suggest we're getting a second rival in these games. Maybe they could be the mean rival like some are hoping for?

In Yellow, Prof. Oak only had Eevee’s Pokeball on his table. I dunno where you’re getting it from that he had three Pokeballs.

Bulbasaur is located where he is because it matched with the anime. Plus, for various reasons, it makes sense that he’s the first of the Kanto Starters you obtain. Besides, relegating Bulbasaur to mid game would really screw with the Kanto Starter balance.

And! Crazy thought, they could just give you a second Eevee in Celadon. It’s already been confirmed that you can catch wild Pikachu/Eevee anyway, so what’s the big deal? They could also just give you a Pikachu in LGE and an Eevee in LGP. Please remember that the Celadon City Eevee was still available in Yellow despite Blue stealing the Starter one from you.

I doubt it’ll be eevee. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the super secret new Pokémon. Or porygon. You can only get it at the game corner. So if they remove that, then where will you get it?

YOU GET TO RIDE ARCANINE?!

...I'm sorry. This has been my ridiculous dream for a long time. I... sincerely hope they keep this feature for Gen 8.

I didn't notice the Eevee gender difference for a while. I had to rewatch it three times. But it is a nice idea. This might mean that they're doing away with that annoying gender ratio for it, which would be nice. I've always thought that starters should just be 50-50 and that the whole thing is antiquated. With online trading, you can get another starter so easily that it's honestly irrelevant. (It's even more irrelevant in this game as you can catch other Pikachu and Eevee) I also hope they extend a few minor gender differences to the Eeveelutions as well. I mean, I know you can't evolve your starter in this, but still.

It's also nice that you can customize your starter so heavily. Having some cute unique hair styles for them is something I've wanted for a while as well. (Though I'm honestly not too fond of the hairstyles they have shown. They look a bit silly.)

So this confirms that even if a trainer has 2 Pokes, it's 2v1 lol

I wonder if the Game Corner would fly as long as the player couldn't actually participate in it? That's how it worked in the European version of Platinum, I believe.

I can confirm. Talking to a slot machine just gave you coins lol, like lost loose coins or something.

So this confirms that even if a trainer has 2 Pokes, it's 2v1 lol

Zff50U9.jpg

LGPE player character confirmed sneaky scumbag

The map shows that Porygon is still in Celadon. Maybe you rescue it from Team Rocket, or there is now a legal arcade.
Some of the Pokemon placements in the map are interesting. For one, it confirms that Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander are all still in their original Yellow locations. Lapras appears in the Safari Zone instead of Saffron City. I don't recall Lapras being available as a Safari Pokemon. Abra shows up after Rock Tunnel/Lavender town where it used to be obtainable just north of Cerulean City. Farfetch'd used to be a Trade only Pokemon but now seems to be available in the south-eastern corner of the mainland.

And where the fuck is that Dragonite supposed to be? We've never been able to Surf to that particular area before. It's also interesting to note that the Starter Evos are also on the map, although only Charmander's evolutions and Wartortle are located in an area where the Player has been historically allowed to visit. Are Ivysaur, Venusaur, and Blastoise's positioning just there for added flavor?

Some of the Pokemon placements in the map are interesting. For one, it confirms that Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander are all still in their original Yellow locations. Lapras appears in the Safari Zone instead of Saffron City. I don't recall Lapras being available as a Safari Pokemon. Abra shows up after Rock Tunnel/Lavender town where it used to be obtainable just north of Cerulean City. Farfetch'd used to be a Trade only Pokemon but now seems to be available in the south-eastern corner of the mainland.

And where the fuck is that Dragonite supposed to be? We've never been able to Surf to that particular area before. It's also interesting to note that the Starter Evos are also on the map, although only Charmander's evolutions and Wartortle are located in an area where the Player has been historically allowed to visit. Are Ivysaur, Venusaur, and Blastoise's positioning just there for added flavor?

Most of those are random.

Butterfree, Bellsprout, Oddish and Caterpie are not in Viridian Forest, but we know we can already obtain them there. Spearow is not placed on route 1, nor is it placed on the left of Viridian City and i doubt they are gonna change his positioning. Lapras was actually in Fuchsia City, it was one of the Pokemon that acted like a Zoo Mon with the enclosures. They also relocated Sandshrew by the looks of it, which i doubt is actually gonna happen, since they want a new Pokemon on every route alongside old ones. Same with the fossils: We obtain them in Mount Moon, so its odd they aren't there if that is the exact location.

We also have too take into consideration that some fully evolved mons will not appear in the actual game, in the overworld (Else trade evolutions are pointless, just like stone evolutions).

The more i look at the map, the more i come too the conclusion they just wanted too fill the region with all the Pokemon on the map, since they are too randomly placed, especially since its already confirmed the Safari Zone is the replaced with the Go Park.

Dragonite and the legendaries are probably just there for aesthetic representation. Likewise for all the other evolutions in inaccessible locations.

Go Park may still have regular wild Pokemon. They haven't given the feature a page yet.

Dragonite and the legendaries are probably just there for aesthetic representation. Likewise for all the other evolutions in inaccessible locations.

Go Park may still have regular wild Pokemon. They haven't given the feature a page yet.
I doubt that Go Park has regular Wild Pokemon, since they already confirmed you need too catch the mons that are transfered over from Go (Else whats the point in doing that).

This actively pissed me off. Like you have no idea. ALL --literally all-- of the friendly Rivals are vanilla as fuck and a complete nuisance to the story. At least with Blue (and Silver) their jerkish personalities made you want to beat them up. Starting with Brendan/May onward, fighting your rival is completely bland and boring and you just go through the motions.

Sometimes, kids are assholes for the sake of being assholes. It's quite realistic actually. As is the character development that Blue received over the course of the series. From a hot-headed asshole in Gen I, to a responsible Gym Leader in Gen II, to a still snarky but mostly chilled out Champion in Gen VII. It's far more development than most friendly rivals have ever gotten.

I said it wasn't interesting, not that it wasn't realistic. I would also disagree that friendly rivals don't get any development as well but that's a conversation for another time.

Also I would like to point out that both Silver's and Blue's personality boarder on abusive with only the fact that you keep beating them to keep it from spiraling into full on abusive territory. Realistic though it may be I just don't find these kinds of people interesting or rellatabule, Blue did such a good job of makeing me hate him, so you know I actually hate him as a person and as a character.

He even brakes into silph co during the Rocket takeover just to stop your progress and challenge you to a fight. That's rather amoral in my opinion considering he could be helping you instead.

Edit: Also, Cheren don’t get enough credit. While he wasn’t a “jerk” per se, he still had his moments of being a myopic, arrogant know-it-all, and getting over that behavior makes up a fair portion of his character arc.

Everything in gen 5 relates back to it's central theme of different people haveing different perspectives. Charen starts the game with a perspective about what it means to be strong and then becomes angery when he meets a person who he considers strong but doesn't share his perspective. Everything jerkish about him relates back to that.

And he's arrogant for sure but he's also helpful and actually acts like he might be a friend instead of just someone there to keep putting you down. In short he's actually an interesting and complex character whith both flaws and good points about him. Unlike Blue and Silver who are just jerks the whole time with no redeeming qualities (except with Silver at the very end).

I don't like how you can give Pikachu and Eevee haircuts (china-bangs) but that's all I don't like so far.

I'm a hairstylist and hate cutting bangs. That's why. Haha

I doubt that Go Park has regular Wild Pokemon, since they already confirmed you need too catch the mons that are transfered over from Go (Else whats the point in doing that).
It's not impossible for there to be two kinds of wild Pokemon in the same location. If those Pokemon are in other locations now, I don't know why the map failed to highlight that (except for the Exeggcute line).

It's not impossible for there to be two kinds of wild Pokemon in the same location. If those Pokemon are in other locations now, I don't know why the map failed to highlight that (except for the Exeggcute line).

I already said that most locations on the map are extremely random placed.

Pokemon from Go have that dynamic where they are higher leveled than wild mons with those CP points and it would be extremely hard too make the differentation with the in-game mons if they can be caught in the same location (And there was also a Trailer where the showed the Go Park, but not all Pokemon that where on the map where in the there)

I said it wasn't interesting, not that it wasn't realistic. I would also disagree that friendly rivals don't get any development as well but that's a conversation for another time.

Also I would like to point out that both Silver's and Blue's personality boarder on abusive with only the fact that you keep beating them to keep it from spiraling into full on abusive territory. Realistic though it may be I just don't find these kinds of people interesting or rellatabule, Blue did such a good job of makeing me hate him, so you know I actually hate him as a person and as a character.

He even brakes into silph co during the Rocket takeover just to stop your progress and challenge you to a fight. That's rather amoral in my opinion considering he could be helping you instead.

Everything in gen 5 relates back to it's central theme of different people haveing different perspectives. Charen starts the game with a perspective about what it means to be strong and then becomes angery when he meets a person who he considers strong but doesn't share his perspective. Everything jerkish about him relates back to that
Good for you? I was neither talking to or about you. I was simply giving my opinion on the trend. I don’t really care one way or the other if you disagree. So I don’t see why you’re acting as though I’d called you out or something. You dislike jerk rivals. I prefer them. What’s there to argue?

Blue and Silver may have been jerks but they at least had a personality and you wanted to beat them. Later rivals are just....there. Taking up space. Contributing nothing of value to the game.

Oh, and Cheren —like everything else about Unova— was a good idea with an absdolute trash execution.

The most interesting part of tonight's news is the kanto map you could see all the details like how the viridian gym seems to lack the ledge and the back walking area and how the cinnibar island now sports a volcano and celadon still has the game corner and prize house side by side. Also cerulean still has the bike shop.
slider-01.jpg
I find it annoying how the bay around Vermilion City is completely landlocked, which makes the harbor and S.S. Anne incredibly impractical.

nickdt said:
Butterfree, Bellsprout, Oddish and Caterpie are not in Viridian Forest, Spearow is not placed on route 1, nor is it placed on the left of Viridian City and i doubt they are gonna change his positioning.
That isn't odd because the map doesn't have to show them in their first locations. The artist had to take density into account, too.

They also relocated Sandshrew by the looks of it, which i doubt is actually gonna happen, since they want a new Pokemon on every route alongside old ones.
Added, not relocated.

Same with the fossils: We obtain them in Mount Moon, so its odd they aren't there if that is the exact location.
You don't do anything with them until you get to Cinnabar, and Mt. Moon already has three representatives.

Pokemon from Go have that dynamic where they are higher leveled than wild mons with those CP points and it would be extremely hard too make the differentation with the in-game mons if they can be caught in the same location.
Fair point. Before you enter the park you have three options: bring Pokemon, enter Go Park and enter Play Yard. Perhaps the latter accommodates those Pokemon?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom