• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I already said that most locations on the map are extremely random placed.

Pokemon from Go have that dynamic where they are higher leveled than wild mons with those CP points and it would be extremely hard too make the differentation with the in-game mons if they can be caught in the same location (And there was also a Trailer where the showed the Go Park, but not all Pokemon that where on the map where in the there)
With only a few exceptions, the Pokémon depicted in every route are actually obtainable in that route in-game. Pidgeotto can be found east of Fushia City. Rapidash is located in cycling road. Muk and Weezing are in the Pokémon mansion, Onix is found in Rock Tunnel. Growlithe and Vulpix are found in the route that connects Celadon, Saffron, and Lavender. The Starters are located exactly where they were in Yellow, Porygon is in the Game Corner Prize shop. With the exception of Lapras, all the other Go Park Pokémon can be caught in the Safari Zone, etc.

They may not be in their first locations, but they are in locations where they can typically be found in-game. Which again draws attention to the few exceptions.

Oh, and the Fossils May be found in Mt. Moon, but they’re revived in Cinnabar Island, so it still tracks. Either of those locations would make sense.

It should also be noted that Moltres, found in Victory Road, is painted next to the Indigo Plateau. Articuno, found in the Seafoam Islands, is drawn next to Cinnabar. Zapdos, found in the Power Plant, is in the North-Eastern corner of the map. The only exception here is Mewtwo, who is depicted next to no place of importance, but that’s obviously done for the sake of symmetry.

Last edited:
Zff50U9.jpg

LGPE player character confirmed sneaky scumbag

At least its not 5v1

...yet

Well, now that we know Trainer Customization will be in the game (a feature which I honestly didn't think would make it in), the chance of me giving these games a pass has dropped into the 80% range...

And now I also know for sure that, if I do ultimately decide to give these games a chance, I will be getting LGE over LGP, because not only do I like Eevee much better than Pikachu, but both Victreebel and Ninetales are among my favorite Kanto Pokémon.

Last edited:
Well, now that we know Trainer Customization will be in the game (a feature which I honestly didn't think would make it in), the chance of me giving these games a pass has dropped into the 80% range...

And now I also know for sure that, if I do ultimately decide to give these games a chance, I will be getting LGE over LGP, because not only do I like Eevee much better than Pikachu, but both Victreebel and Ninetales are among my favorite Kanto Pokémon.

How do you know what the version exclusives are? Am I missing something?

I... still can't really see the map, it's too small. Can anyone make it larger? As for the exclusives, we know that Oddish, Growlithe and Sandshrew for Let's Go Pikachu and Bellsprout, Vulpix, and Mewoth for Eevee version; speaking of the 3rd Pokemon since it's Pikachu and Eevee in two of them, let's say for the sake of speculation a third trainer gets it; which Pokemon do you think is in there?

Last edited:
Thank you so much, really appreciate it!

Meowth being stolen from the lab? That would be an interesting twist for the game!

Oh, so apparently the games aren't gender-locked after all. Darn. Maybe I should have pre-ordered Let's Go Pikachu instead of Eevee. Oh well. I'll order it later, once I save enough money for the set with the PokeBall Plus.

Here's a large map.

Meowth is the only unevolved Kanto Pokemon that comes somewhat close to Pikachu and Eevee in popularity (except for the real starters). Jessie and James stealing him from Oak could be a fun change.
Jigglypuff. And the opposite gender PC could be the ‘third’ trainer.

I rather doubt that the opposite-gender PC will be involved when that design is used for co-op. Could you imagine ganging up on that character with their identical twin?

I did see that in the trailer that Misty's Starmie is two levels lower than it normally is, but I think that is made up for by the fact that it apparently knows Scald. How do you think battling Misty would be now that she has Scald?

I see they didn't want to go with that risque swimsuit Misty wore in the older games in 3D. Her outfit looks similar to the anime one with the obvious changes of a white shirt and no suspenders. Brock looks fine.

I'm more interested to see some of the others like Sabrina, Giovanni or Koga in particular. Also lol @ Gary/Blue being completely gone. Like every other character is old and nostalgic and then there's this new bland friendly rival instead of Gary, with brown hair no less.

Its nice they gave eevee a gender difference, since pikachu already had one. female eevee's tail looks better/more naturally than female pikachus and is cute. (i didnt care for it when they first introduced pikachu's and still dont) i just hope they dont make all future added female gender difference a heart on a tail or heart shape anywhere for that matter.
really enjoyed the trailers though!! :) everything looks awesome.
The female Eevee in LGPE looks adorable, but I prefer all other female Eevee (in future core games and GO and other things) to have the same design as male Eevee.
This female Eevee must be unique to this game, like Cosplay Pikachu in ORAS. Core-series fans will get ruined and infuriated when this carries to all female Eevee in Generation 8 games.

The female Eevee in LGPE looks adorable, but I prefer all other female Eevee (in future core games and GO and other things) to have the same design as male Eevee.
This female Eevee must be unique to this game, like Cosplay Pikachu in ORAS. Core-series fans will get ruined and infuriated when this carries to all female Eevee in Generation 8 games.
Well. That's a little misogynistic.

Well. That's a little misogynistic.
Given Eevee in previous Pokémon games like Sun/Moon, Mystery Dungeon and other games having no gender differences, this is very suprising and polarizing to some fans that used to those designs.
Not all fans liked the Eevee tail designs in LGPE tho, unlike Pikachu's.

And if they carry Eevee's gender differences in LGPE to Gen 8, they had to work alot more on Eeveelutions as well.

Im hyped to battle against the Rocket trio in this game. November can't come soon enough.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom