• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

If you look between 0.04-0.05 and 0.10-0.12 where the trainers are running, you van see varying skin colours.

Oh wow. Thanks for pointing that out because I surely thought he was mistaken. :p It's kind of surprising to me that they just showed it off like that rather than the selection screen at the beginning of the game, but whatever, it was still nice to see.

Not saying there's a "X Episode" on postgame, but why would Masuda just outright say "yes there's something plot-related after the game that will get spoiled two weeks before the release" on an interview. Keep in mind these interview was made before TPC uploaded their second Meltan video.

With all this Meltan promotion I'd be quite surprised if there's literally nothing focused on it on LG.

Last edited:
Not saying there's a "X Episode" on postgame, but why would Masuda just outright say "yes there's something plot-related after the game that will get spoiled two weeks before the release" on an interview. Keep in mind these interview was made before TPC uploaded their second Meltan video.

With all this Meltan promotion I'd be quite surprised if there's literally nothing focused on it on LG.
I agree with you on this that we should at least expect something related to Meltan in these games…

Which is exactly why Game Freak won’t do anything with it. They’re always wanting to surprise us, even in the worst ways possible.

I am not getting these games, but anything as poorly written as the Delta Episode or Episode RR wouldn't change my mind - especially if it focused on Meltan rather than Mewtwo. Give Meltan a short event with its mystery box; that's all it deserves in addition to the Go promotion.

@Plubio I would expect if there was anything else he wouldn't resort to advertising the feature that has been in the series from the beginning.

I would expect something to the effect of "there are cool surprises after the game is over that long time fans will be interested in" or something vague like that. But that answer makes it seem like he knows he has nothing . Maybe I'm misinterpreting it.

Do we have any confirmation that wifi trading etc. will appear in this game? Or do we actually have to bring our switches to someone elses house? lol

@Plubio I would expect if there was anything else he wouldn't resort to advertising the feature that has been in the series from the beginning.

I would expect something to the effect of "there are cool surprises after the game is over that long time fans will be interested in" or something vague like that. But that answer makes it seem like he knows he has nothing . Maybe I'm misinterpreting it.

Yeah, I simply don't like to jump into conclusions. I still expect a disappointing postgame, buuut.

In the original games, there was text or some sort of setting where "Pidgey eat Caterpie," for example. That was fine back then, I think everybody liked it. But, I think, as Pokemon has gone on, the fans kind of have their idea of what Pokemon should be. If we did that now, I think a lot of people wouldn't really like it, it would give them a bad reaction.

I’m guessing he fell asleep while the other employees worked on the Rotom Pokédex and he approved it without looking.

so [we focused on] making the visuals look like something where that wouldn't seem strange

Why do all the adults (specially Jessie and James) look like chibi voodoo dolls then?

I'd like to note that there is nothing in any of the games about Pidgey eating Caterpie. Masuda must have been thinking of Pidgeotto trying to eat Ash's Caterpie on the show.

But Red does have a somewhat similar Pokedex entry for Ekans: "Eats the eggs of birds, such as Pidgey and Spearow, whole."

Rather than trying too hard to be as close to the original as possible, they should have updated the originals with more content, like LGFR, HGSS, and ORAS. Tweak the story a bit, add new areas, give us a new battle facility, and give us access to evolutions that Gen I Pokemon got in other generations. I don't see why they couldn't allow us to use Pokemon such as Scizor, Espeon, Magnezone, Magmortar, or Leafeon. The way Masuda talks make me think its almost like LGFR, HGSS, and ORAS didn't benefit from updated content and such.

Rather than trying too hard to be as close to the original as possible, they should have updated the originals with more content, like LGFR, HGSS, and ORAS. Tweak the story a bit, add new areas, give us a new battle facility, and give us access to evolutions that Gen I Pokemon got in other generations. I don't see why they couldn't allow us to use Pokemon such as Scizor, Espeon, Magnezone, Magmortar, or Leafeon. The way Masuda talks make me think its almost like LGFR, HGSS, and ORAS didn't benefit from updated content and such.
Honestly the claim that they leave stuff out to remain faithful to the originals just seems like a cop-out for them being lazy. I mean, they added other things, like the new types and mega evolutions, so why would including those be ok but not something like cross-gen evolutions or abilities? Everything about this game just seems to baffle and disappoint me.

You know, I just thought of something.

I think the reason why Gamefreak is trying to push the Let's Go Series as a potential long running series is because quite frankly, Pokemon is getting way too big, in Gen 8 it's possibly going to get to over 900 Pokemon, if they have a dedicated series just for remakes, it let's them, for lack of a better word, recycle older games almost indefinitely to grab newer generations of Pokemon fans every few years, as well as slow down the release of new content (that's often considered rushed, copied, or otherwise stale). As we all know, many people, myself included, were only a couple years old when Red and Blue came out, my first game was Ruby and THEN I played the Gen 1 remakes, a lot of people's first games were, for example, DP or BW, and they didn't play a Hoenn game until ORAS, and for some people, particularly those who didn't buy the VC games, Let's Go could very well be their first journey through Kanto.

Although there's some issues I have with LGPE, like how watered down and simplistic the mechanics are, I would not be opposed to the general idea of making more remakes than usual, FRLG was 2004, HGSS was 2010, ORAS was 2014, LGPE is 2018, it does seem like they're slowly making remakes more and more often, as long as the rest of them (for example, Johto games as a sequel to LGPE) aren't watered down and lacking abilities, daycares, and held items, I honestly wouldn't mind this, because I think a common consensus is that the quality of new Pokemon has decreased throughout the years, and particularly Gen 5 receives a lot of hate for it's "copy&paste" designs.

Imagine a release schedule that goes something like this:

2018: LGPE
2019: Gen 8
2020: Year Off
2021: Johto Remake
2022: Gen 8 3rd Version
2023: Year Off
2024: Gen 9

And so on, they could, potentially slow down their release of new regions, new Pokemon and such, if they can recycle more remakes, I could even see them releasing remakes back to back in the mid-to-late 2020s, particularly regions that have yet to ever get a remake, like Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos. For example, to go onto the calendar I created, 2025 could be more Hoenn remakes, then 2026 could immediately jump to Sinnoh remakes, then have a year off, then possibly even Unova remakes.

I would honestly like to see a Sinnoh remake before a 2nd Johto remake, as much as I would love to see a 3D Johto. Going by the model they are trying to present for LGPE though, I feel like they would go for a remake of Gold, Silver, and Crystal without abilities and the HGSS additions though. Also without evolutions like Gliscor, Weavile, Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon.

Honestly the claim that they leave stuff out to remain faithful to the originals just seems like a cop-out for them being lazy. I mean, they added other things, like the new types and mega evolutions, so why would including those be ok but not something like cross-gen evolutions or abilities? Everything about this game just seems to baffle and disappoint me.
Reminds me of that one FE remake game last year heavily criticized and flak for the exact same reason the devs of that game decided to be fully faithful not improving what was very archaic in the past and lots of big modern gameplay mechanics weren't present but I digress. Back on topic it also baffles me how they go one way but completely blows what matters of making a remake. The whole no Battle Frontier in ORAS is still one of the most stupid reasons from them not including it but at least that game otherwise felt how a remake should be in the likes of FRLG and HGSS.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom