• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Can you give me confirmation? I would like to believe you, but that's not the impression I got from the trailer, and with the Master Trainers seemingly having Pokemon with moves they can't normally learn, there is a very real possibility of you being stuck with a Kakuna that only knows Poison Sting/String Shot/Harden while the enemy Kakuna knows, idk, Stone Edge or whatever. That's concerning.
From my earlier post:
Some Master Trainers will have a simple request for you

With that being said, they’ve shown a Metapod vs Metapod battle at the end of the trailer. So there will be some very boring battles because of this.

Can you give me confirmation? I would like to believe you, but that's not the impression I got from the trailer, and with the Master Trainers seemingly having Pokemon with moves they can't normally learn, there is a very real possibility of you being stuck with a Kakuna that only knows Poison Sting/String Shot/Harden while the enemy Kakuna knows, idk, Stone Edge or whatever. That's concerning.
See above.

Also, isn't the only new move we've seen Solarbeam for Lapras, which it had in Yellow?

Perhaps so but this is not a bad thing. In fact some of the battles will be interesting and challenging.

Some of them will be awesome. I can't wait for Venu vs Venu or Gyara vs Gyara. Others...sound less interesting.

Also, isn't the only new move we've seen Solarbeam for Lapras, which it had in Yellow?

Serebii confirms that these Pokemon know a 'variety of unusual moves.'

Move Tutors would be a good thing, but unless you get access to them via the Master Trainers, what else is going to replace battle facilities? Maybe items your Pokemon find on the ground.

I wouldn't be surprised if the TMs were simply overhauled.

Gen VI and VII may not have been to your liking but GF didn't drop the ball. There were clear signs of effort in those games. Sure they had tons of problems too but that's mostly because people focus more on the negative than positive. As a whole, they were good games. Let's Go on the other hand is pretty lazy. I'm still gonna have fun with it, but its obvious that they didn't put as much effort into these as before. I just hope it means Gen VIII will be spectacular.

Exactly. Shadows of Valentina is not a good comparison. Its mechanics are actually pretty cool and they did update tons of stuff in the remake.
Im not gonna go further than this reply since its the wrong forum for it but it IS a good comparison when its said from the horses mouth it was as faithful as they intended to be new characters make sense in any remake so that doesn't count, the Turnwheel is a just bandaid for its awful Gaiden hit rates and no true hit plus make it as if mistakes never happen, no WT a staple that provides strategy not updated for this yet prior remakes SD and NMotE did and more, bland giant maps and they repeat, forgettable "conversations", bland dungeon layouts mostly caves, 1 item limit can't have multiple weapons, no marriage/waifus is questionable but I feel that made a good dent in it despite having canon pairs in this one and lack of replay value Story and VA is great but great gameplay is a much higher priority of course some like the game despite the flaws but its very clear many didn't. I can obviously understand the average sales and being forgotten quickly since its the Black sheep game of the series and can only get better from there but Pokemon is VERY obviously isn't a black sheep and has higher expectations but LGPE so far still is sinking in that category. Innovation is good and i'm sure it'll be a fun game for many but watering down the fundamentals of the series to this level is unacceptable imo. I'm sure some of the casuals the game is intended for would want a little more but won't be getting it.

Im not gonna go further than this reply since its the wrong forum for it but it IS a good comparison when its said from the horses mouth it was as faithful as they intended to be new characters make sense in any remake so that doesn't count, the Turnwheel is a just bandaid for its awful Gaiden hit rates and no true hit plus make it as if mistakes never happen, no WT a staple that provides strategy not updated for this yet prior remakes SD and NMotE did and more, bland giant maps and they repeat, forgettable "conversations", bland dungeon layouts mostly caves, 1 item limit can't have multiple weapons, no marriage/waifus is questionable but I feel that made a good dent in it despite having canon pairs in this one and lack of replay value Story and VA is great but great gameplay is a much higher priority of course some like the game despite the flaws but its very clear many didn't. I can obviously understand the average sales and being forgotten quickly since its the Black sheep game of the series and can only get better from there but Pokemon is VERY obviously isn't a black sheep and has higher expectations but LGPE so far still is sinking in that category. Innovation is good and i'm sure it'll be a fun game for many but watering down the fundamentals of the series to this level is unacceptable imo. I'm sure some of the casuals the game is intended for would want a little more but won't be getting it.
The mechanics were different in SoV, but most people actually enjoyed them very much. Them not being to your liking doesn't mean they weren't good. The only major complaint about the game that seems to be universally acknowledged is the horrible maps. As for the waifus....that's a whole other beast we're not going to get into right now. Suffice it to say there's a divide within the FE community about the implementation of waifus in that game. SoV went the more classical route in that department. Whether this is good or bad is entirely dependent on which side of the debate one falls into. At any rate, every single other complaint you mentioned sounds like A. personal problems you had with the game, which is completely valid, but B. not something the FE community is united on.

And that's all I'll say about that. Back to our regularly scheduled Pokemon programing.

Last edited:
Master trainers look like something I am going to enjoy. Was already planning on completing the dex for this game, now there is an excuse to train them up.
At least there is one positive to the restricted dex in Lets Go.

The mechanics were different in SoV, but most people actually enjoyed them very much. Them not being to your liking doesn't mean they weren't good. The only major complaint about the game that seems to be universally acknowledged is the horrible maps. As for the waifus....that's a whole other beast we're not going to get into right now. Suffice it to say there's a divide within the FE community about the implementation of waifus in that game. SoV went the more classical route in that department. Whether this is good or bad is entirely dependent on which side of the debate one falls into. At any rate, every single other complaint you mentioned sounds like A. personal problems you had with the game, which is completely valid, but B. not something the FE community is united on.

And that's all I'll say about that. Back to our regularly scheduled Pokemon programing.
Never in my quote said they weren't to my liking its clear to many others it wasn't those were examples of things mention I seen wrong for that remake especially in reviews so no its not a "personal problem" again these are complaints heard just saying that's all back to topic.

I agree with @Lillie Blossoms the forums of it are very dead and I don't see lockes on it anywhere so definitely truth here the DLC fisaco didn't help at all either (oh boy imagine a core main Pokemon game with paid DLC that's a storm waiting to come.....I guess the Pokeball Plus kinda counts buts its very likely a one time only thing I hope) but the fact that other past remakes did more than those games at least gameplay shows the tinted rose glasses need to come off. I know it's very too late for Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee to make any overall changes but if they do a concept like this again it needs to be the way it was before but improve if needed and add more to the overall gameplay.

Last edited:
You can get only 1 fossil in the region, meaning you cannot evolve Omanyte/Kabuto until post-game.
I thought that at first, too, but remember, Go connectivity is still a thing. Players could evolve their event Pokemon and still get prevos through Go.

The Master Trainer battles look interesting. It is kind of annoying that they'll only want to battle another Pokemon of the same species though. Most likely I won't finish this challenge completely, but it is still a fun idea overall.

Really, TrollFreak?

If you could pick any one of your own Pokémon to fight a Master Trainer with in a one-on-one battle, and try to get a special title for defeating all 151, I might be more interested in this, but since it seems like you'll only be able to use one of the same Pokémon against them, it just seems pointless.

I mean, I know I'll definitely be looking forward to the Magikarp vs Magikarp Master Fisherman battle. And don't even get me started on the Ditto Master Trainer...

On an unrelated note, it's now been confirmed the female Trainer's "canon" name is in fact Elaine. Not a big fan of that name choice personally, makes me think of Seinfeld or Airplane.

You guys seem to be forgetting that held items aren't a thing. We probably can Mega Evolve against Master Trainers, because "no items" means you can't grab a potion from your item bag.

Mega Evolving is seemingly just selecting a button once you've collected the stone, you don't select an item as far as we can tell.

They chose to advertise the Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise battles without showing any Mega Evolutions. That says it all.

JFrombaugh said:
If you could pick any one of your own Pokémon to fight a Master Trainer with in a one-on-one battle, and try to get a special title for defeating all 151, I might be more interested in this
That would be too easy, and people laughed about it just a few days ago.

You can always just battle the trainers that look interesting to you; we don't even know there is a prize for defeating all of them.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom