• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Man, I can’t get over how they gave Red a Venusaur, Blue a Charizard, and Green a Blastoise. Even as someone who never read the manga, that was always my headcanon Starter distribution for them. I feel super vindicated right now. Also, hopefully this’ll give Venu a much needed visibility boost.

I'm watching the Twitter feed right now too, mostly because I'm bored and have nothing better to do - I still haven't seen a whole lot that makes me want to go out and buy the games, but I will probably watch a Let's Play of them at some point after they release.

But here's some general comments:

Green's team is actually very close to what I had always imagined the "canon" team of Leaf to be! But since she's called Green in the games and is technically an all-new character unless they really did decide to draw inspiration from the Manga (she does have a Blastoise after all) I'm hoping they do give her some dialogue, rather than make her completely silent like Red. Since the levels of their teams are so different, it does not appear that it will be a version-based thing like many suspected.

Starter Pikachu & Eevee's stat boosts are less than I thought, I was expecting we'd see a base stat total of at least 500, maybe even closer to 600. But as it stands, I'd say they're unlikely to really affect competitive Pokémon too much.

The TMs list is really surprising too, and opens up a lot of interesting avenues for making your team. Superpower, Drill Run & Megahorn especially are really interesting to see on there, maybe they'll return as TMs in the Gen 8 game?

I personally don't see Superpower and Drill Run TMs having much of an impact after this since they've already been tutor moves since Generations IV and V. Nothing new for its current users besides being easier to get.

Megahorn though, that's never been available by TM or tutor before. Anything with a horn now has a potential new move. Pinsir could finally get Megahorn at last!

So apparently it's possible to obtain the Alolan forms in Let's Go by trading a Kanto Form of the same Pokémon with various NPCs?

Not like this really matters though, as Alolan Forms are among the Pokémon screwed over most by the lack of held items and abilities in these games. For instance Alolan Marowak is far from a top-tier threat without that Thick Club, Alolan Golem is basically worthless without Galvanize or Sturdy - the list goes on.

Holy shit guys Play Rough is on a TM. We actually have a widespread physical Fairy type move here!
Can we keep that forever, or at least make it a tutor move in the future? Tapu Koko could finally stop neglecting its superior attacking stat!

Holy shit guys Play Rough is on a TM. We actually have a widespread physical Fairy type move here!
Can we keep that forever, or at least make it a tutor move in the future? Tapu Koko could finally stop neglecting its superior attacking stat!
Thats cool

Green's team looking pretty lit. (Appreciating the shoutout to the Gengar and Clefable theory). No idea what the Victreebel is doing there when there's also stuff like Vileplume. Headcanon of Leaf/Green having a Ninetales confirmed.

RED FINALLY GETS VENUSAUR. GREEN GETS BLASTOISE. At last it has happened!

Not sure what Red is doing with an Arcanine and Machamp, but eh.

I'm so happy about Green and her Team I might just cry.

Also new TMs. Thunder Punch, Fire PUnch, Ice Punch? Superpower? Play Rough? Hello!? Please carry this over to future generations.

Huh, I was sort of expecting them to show something to catch the attention of more hardcore fans in the live stream but we didn't get anything like that...just the opposite in fact...it seems like they were clearly broadcasting that this game is for younger or newer players. I hate to use the word casual but since that's the way everyone else is communicating for now I guess I can. But I do find it odd they would even show the game at E3 then it's not like the "casuals" really watch E3 most of the time anyway so I'm not 100% sure why they even showed this game off at E3 but OK.

Anyways it looks like the hand holding people hate so much is back in spades in this game. Yikes, even I think it's a bit much to not let you fight a gym leader unless you have a type effective mon but maybe that was only for the first gym? Even if that's the case I suspect at this point a wide array of the "hardcore" fans have decided not to get these games and that's fine I guess it will be interesting to see what the sales numbers for this game are. If this sells well it may indicate the there simply is more money in marketing to the "casuals".

I still intend to pick up the game becomes having a fun relaxed adventure with an eevee with the option of co-op still sounds fun to me even if it's not quite the same kind of fun that the core games offer.

Also, I suspect this thread will die soon now since everyone has said their peace and this game really isn't popular with people on this website.
why casual word its good tag for tell someone you are newcomer in videogame indistry

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom