• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Do you think Kaphotics will bother to reveal any possible mini-games, or is that not a big enough deal to leak?

Okay so I just realized we don't actually know if that girl in the traiker is Leaf.
Don't know if I should answer or not, but I'm going to put in spoiler tags anyway.

I guess she is, but now she's called Green. After all, she's just Leaf with different clothing. EDIT: In fact, I believe it's the original clothing she was going to wear before she got cut from Gen I, just updated.

Still no text dump but TBH I'm ohkay with this. The games come out soon enough. Like. This week. I can wait and play through the games.

Though one thing this did prove is that we will be getting all Gen VIII data about a week before release as well. So if there are any surprises left in the game that arent revealed beforehand, we will know about them.

Still no text dump but TBH I'm ohkay with this. The games come out soon enough. Like. This week. I can wait and play through the games.

Though one thing this did prove is that we will be getting all Gen VIII data about a week before release as well. So if there are any surprises left in the game that arent revealed beforehand, we will know about them.
Very true

Checked the Twitter stream one last time before bed...and the learnsets & Trainer data are now up.

Some comments...(read at your own risk, spoilers ahead!)

It looks like freaking Trial Captain Mina will be battleable in these games! Or at least it seems that way, as the data for “Pokémon Trainer Mina” does indeed have her with a full team of Fairy types in two different encounters. Wow, what an unexpected surprise...but still, I wonder how on Earth GameFreak is going to justify her existence in this alternate timeline?? I mean in the SM & USUM universes she is no older than 19 (as confirmed by Mallow when she mentions that Trial Captains have to move on at the age of 20), and Red & Blue use their younger models in this game so will we be battling an 8 year old version of Mina or something??? Or will they pull another Anabel “faller” justification (ugh).

Green only has one battle team, while Blue has two. So I think that means Green will indeed be battled in Cerulean Cave as a postgame boss, but what about that lower level battle with Blue? Will it be in the story at some point?

A lot of arguably weaker Pokémon seem to learn attacks much earlier than in the core series games, for instance we’ve got Butterfree learning Quiver Dance at Level 22, Clefairy learns Moonblast at level 28, Eevee learns Double Edge at level 28, etc. *braces for yet ANOTHER inevitable storm of complaints about this game being way too easy...*

Most of the Egg moves seem to be learned at level 1, meaning it should be possible to simply get them through the he move Relearner, however that will work.

Victreebel getting Sucker Punch is nice. Alolan Marowak losing Shadow Bone sucks. Megahorn TM has some potential. Gyarados loses Dragon Dance (ouch).

Weather moves don’t even seem to be in the game (awww, your 200 BP Sunnybeam on Ninetales strategy was ruined!)

I’ll post more comments on the learnset & Trainer data as I think of them, but for now, good night.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm just gonna call her Leaf.

But... her name quite literally is Green, contrary to popular belief, she was never officially named Leaf, Leaf was just some placeholder name in the code of FRLG, the character in LGPE is clearly based on the manga character Green, as well as the scrapped female player character who's name was likely planned to be Green in the Gen 1 games. You can't just call her a placeholder/fan name lol, that'd be like if you still called Hilbert or Hilda Black and White, those were also placeholder/fan names but they were named officially in the series, unlike Green (until now), even though their manga counterparts share the color nomenclature.

So no post game areas and the Cinnibar Island volcano isn't explorable? I'm so freaking shocked. Knew this game would be a disappointment. That Celadon Arcade @Kallyle is waiting for is probably nothing too, it's been confirmed you get Porygon from a Silph Co. employee, so what's even the point?

Yeah, I'm just gonna call her Leaf.
You can call her whatever you want, but

She is canonically known as Pokémon Trainer Green in this game. You literally battle her and she’s Pokémon Trainer Green. ‘Green’ was always her intended name.

Honestly, I don’t even know why we as a community ever decided to call her ‘Leaf’ in the first place. It’s obvious that the FRLG female PC was intended to be Green all along. The same data that gave us the name ‘Leaf’ also renamed Red into ‘Fire’ but that name didn’t stick, so why have we been complicating ourselves about the female PC all this time?

So no post game areas and the Cinnibar Island volcano isn't explorable? I'm so freaking shocked. Knew this game would be a disappointment. That Celadon Arcade @Kallyle is waiting for is probably nothing too, it's been confirmed you get Porygon from a Silph Co. employee, so what's even the point?

I think no post game areas were expected since GameFreak confirmed in an interview that the map's staying the same.

You can call her whatever you want, but

She is canonically known as Pokémon Trainer Green in this game. You literally battle her and she’s Pokémon Trainer Green. ‘Green’ was always her intended name.

Honestly, I don’t even know why we as a community ever decided to call her ‘Leaf’ in the first place. It’s obvious that the FRLG female PC was intended to be Green all along. The same data that gave us the name ‘Leaf’ also renamed Red into ‘Fire’ but that name didn’t stick, so why have we been complicating ourselves about the female PC all this time?
It was from an oficcially licensed figure if I remember correctly.

Additionally. Green is supposed to be Blue's japanese name. So it only makes sense to call her green within a western european/American context.

Why was the ability to skip cutscenes in this game and not in SM?

About time guess they took that feedback although I'm one of those that didn't mind that the cutscenes in Gen 7 weren't skippable at least the parts that matter this is a good option.

Well, of course, the uncomfortable truth is that a Skip Cutscenes option most likely wouldn't have fixed peoples' problems with SM very much, because most of what people consider to be the "annoying" cutscenes aren't actually cutscenes. They're just in-overworld dialogue sequences that are prolonged due to lavish camera transitions that weren't as manageable in previous games. Actual cutscenes are the pre-rendered 3D stuff like Tapu Koko saving you from the bridge or Nebbycrozma turning into Ultra Necrozma, and there weren't actually very many of those throughout the game.

It wouldn't be impossible for Game Freak to allow us to skip the dialogue sequences, but the way it's phrased as "Skip Movies" even in LGPE makes me think they're just referring to the prerendered 3D scenes.

Looking at the Master Trainer list. (Or what I think is the Master Trainer list - they're just a bunch of solo Pokemon with high levels, listed in order of the dex.)

• Bird Keeper Theo's Fearow has this moveset: Sky Attack / Focus Energy / Drill Run. Just three moves, one of them being a two-turn move. Drill Run is a weird choice, since it'll be completely useless (or even worse than useless, if the AI is stupid enough to use it) on your Fearow. Guess they're hoping you'll use Roost?
  • Lass Ikue is Pikachu's trainer. Nice reference, I guess. They already made a reference like this in SM, but still a sweet gesture. Though note how Pikachu has four moves, while most of the fully-evolved Master Trainer Pokemon only have three moves.
  • Also, Eevee just has two moves. Whomp-whomp.
  • The Nidoran F, Nidorina and Nidoqueen Master Trainers have decent movesets. Nidoqueen especially, who seems to be build specifically to counter other Nidoqueen.
  • Nidoran M's, on the other hand, isn't that good. But Nidorino at least makes an attempt, and Nidoking saves them.
  • Clefairy's moveset: Sing and Metronome. Not a difficult fight, but a potentially fun and zany one.
  • Oddish, Gloom: Sludge Bomb. Yeah, I can tell they worked really hard on these ones.
  • Vileplume: Substitute / Reflect / Hyper Beam. Actually looks logically sound for the format. Pretty creative.
  • The Gastly line's Trainers are Arin, Danny and Ross. Fitting, since only little kids still watch Game Grumps anymore.
  • Onix: Wrap / Toxic / Harden / Protect. Fuck, they just went full annoyance with this route. Thank you, Toxic, for our eventual release from this match.
  • Really? There's a Master Trainer Caterpie? This is one that should have had a non-battling challenge.
  • And there's a Master Trainer for Magikarp, too. Lol sucky Magikarp memes, amirite, kids? XD
  • There's a lot of crappy moveset choices here. It's like they didn't think this whole concept through.

All in all, they did as well as expected.

I think the saddest thing is that the datamine didn't really reveal any massive surprises, although there are a few cool things, this is pretty much "it" until news/rumors start getting interesting again a month or so from now.

That being said, nostalgia once again prevails and i'll still probably end up getting the game lol, at the very least I think the community surrounding it will be a fun experience as it usually is with a pokemon release.

Checked the Twitter stream one last time before bed...and the learnsets & Trainer data are now up.

Some comments...(read at your own risk, spoilers ahead!)

It looks like freaking Trial Captain Mina will be battleable in these games! Or at least it seems that way, as the data for “Pokémon Trainer Mina” does indeed have her with a full team of Fairy types in two different encounters. Wow, what an unexpected surprise...but still, I wonder how on Earth GameFreak is going to justify her existence in this alternate timeline?? I mean in the SM & USUM universes she is no older than 19 (as confirmed by Mallow when she mentions that Trial Captains have to move on at the age of 20), and Red & Blue use their younger models in this game so will we be battling an 8 year old version of Mina or something??? Or will they pull another Anabel “faller” justification (ugh).

Most of the Egg moves seem to be learned at level 1, meaning it should be possible to simply get them through the he move Relearner, however that will work.

Weather moves don’t even seem to be in the game (awww, your 200 BP Sunnybeam on Ninetales strategy was ruined!)

Well, we don't have acess to the 3D model of Mina yet, do we? As you said, maybe she looks younger. And it makes sense that maybe she was in Kanto before she started as a Trial Captain. Oh, and Egg moves being learned at level 1 is interesting competitively, since, you know, the games don't have breed.

It makes sense that weathers moves are not in (although other newer mechanics like mega evolutions are...). I think maybe that was the reason for the absurd buff of Solar Beam, at all. I think these buffs are unique to these games, I don't think they'll keep any of it to 8th gen.

One thing I found interesting is that there are no Legendary Pokémon Master Trainers, and consequently there is no Master Trainer of Mew. I think this is good news, since otherwise, they would be holding game content through a paid thing.

Last edited:
Well, we don't have acess to the 3D model of Mina yet, do we? As you said, maybe she looks younger. And it makes sense that maybe she was in Kanto before she started as a Trial Captain. Oh, and Egg moves being learned at level 1 is interesting competitively, since, you know, the games don't have breed.

It makes sense that weathers moves are not in (although other newer mechanics like mega evolutions are...). I think maybe that was the reason for the absurd buff of Solar Beam, at all. I think these buffs are unique to these games, I don't think they'll keep any of it to 8th gen.

One thing I found interesting is that there are no Legendary Pokémon Master Trainers, and consequently there is no Master Trainer of Mew. I think this is good news, since otherwise, they would be holding game content through a paid thing.
Wait,
What absurd buff to Solar Beam?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom