• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Poke Ball icon is to show that a wild Pokemon has already been caught. So why would it be on the bottom left of the screen, where the player's Pokemon are?
probably because it's not the pokeball icon. that's a huge icon for something that has typically occupied a small space. further, even with the quality of the image we should be able to see some distinguishing colors or design. that seems to be a gap; whether it be to display information like Burn or Mega Evolution is up in the air.

Since there is a video it is more believable. But what's up with its wings animation, it looks like two frames repeating over and over.

there were some pokemon in the lead up to S/M that were leaked like this. The video overall is pretty convincing imo, and the design seems random/weird enough to make me feel like it's totally something gamefreak would come up with.

I agree the wing animation is shoddy, but I'm leaning team real on this one

I think it looks a little off, design and animation-wise, but I'm not gonna be angry if it's real- this is the fun kind of leak where it's either real, or someone put a lot of work in to making a convincing fake. Either way, this sort of thing is fun to discuss- does anyone have any idea if it resembles any real world insects? I guess the most obvious one would be a dragonfly, but that mouth is pretty specific looking and doesn't resemble a dragonfly's face at all.

EDIT: Just noticed those floating orbs inside of the 'legs' of the bug dragon, which is a really neat and specific touch. They kind of remind me of a mold or fungus? Though that just be because the whole thing reminds me of a chestnut more than any insects I know of. Cordyceps is always an option, but seems unlikely to me, considering it doesn't have anything to do with dragons, and that we already have Paras/Parasect (although they could always use it as the basis for another Pokemon anyways)

Last edited:
Joe found numerous flaws in the leak

I think it's real
the same way we got tapu koko drampa etc before actual reveal

I think it looks a little off, design and animation-wise, but I'm not gonna be angry if it's real- this is the fun kind of leak where it's either real, or someone put a lot of work in to making a convincing fake. Either way, this sort of thing is fun to discuss- does anyone have any idea if it resembles any real world insects? I guess the most obvious one would be a dragonfly, but that mouth is pretty specific looking and doesn't resemble a dragonfly's face at all.
I feel like I've seen something similar before face wise, but I can't place my finger on it...

EDIT: Just noticed those floating orbs inside of the 'legs' of the bug dragon, which is a really neat and specific touch. They kind of remind me of a mold or fungus? Though that just be because the whole thing reminds me of a chestnut more than any insects I know of. Cordyceps is always an option, but seems unlikely to me, considering it doesn't have anything to do with dragons, and that we already have Paras/Parasect (although they could always use it as the basis for another Pokemon anyways)
I believe it’s based on the peanut-headed lantern fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom