• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armor evolution (or whatever it called) needs to be in sword and shield, this is too cool to not be in the main games.
I'd rather them go the spirit armor route. A type boosting held item, while also not being a held item, sounds smart.

I'd rather them go the spirit armor route. A type boosting held item, while also not being a held item, sounds smart.
Idc what it is as long i get the cool design in the main games.

Even if they said it right before the armor shot, that doesn't necessarily mean that the focus was on the armor. The movie itself clearly won't devote much time to it.

But between the new design, merchandise and Go, it would be odd if they didn't borrow it for SwSh.

Is it just me or that armor has shields on it now? Anyway, I was pretty sure there's was something new about the armor. They wouldn't have kept it secret for so long otherwise or made it a big deal.

Donphan now learns fire type move /s
might be be new pokemon

Well, now my hopes for the movie went up since now we know there are changes. Although I find the new armor overkill. I don't like it at all.

On the other hand, I'm glad they are replacing Donphan. That was one of my biggest fears for this movie.

Well, now my hopes for the movie went up since now we know there are changes. Although I find the new armor overkill. I don't like it at all.

On the other hand, I'm glad they are replacing Donphan. That was one of my biggest fears for this movie.
Donphan was obviously put in the original to promote Pokemon Gold and Silver
With this remake, they are, and would make perfect sense to probably replace Donphan with a Gen 8 Pokemon to promote Pokemon Sword and Shield.

Even if they said it right before the armor shot, that doesn't necessarily mean that the focus was on the armor. The movie itself clearly won't devote much time to it.

But between the new design, merchandise and Go, it would be odd if they didn't borrow it for SwSh.
Yeah. Focusing too much on the armor would completely change the plot. Takeshi Shudo is given the sole writing credit, so there will not be any changes to the movie's plot aside from switching out Donphan for a Gen 8 Pokemon.

Donphan was obviously put in the original to promote Pokemon Gold and Silver
With this remake, they are probably replacing Donphan with a Gen 8 Pokemon to promote Pokemon Sword and Shield.
I know, it's just that until today, they didn't show anything different from the original movie, even showing the New Island trainers with identical Pokémon from the original movie, to the point that I thought they were going to leave the Donphan battle as is. It's actually a relief that they are not doing a 1:1 remake.

I know, it's just that until today, they didn't show anything different from the original movie, even showing the New Island trainers with identical Pokémon from the original movie, to the point that I thought they were going to leave the Donphan battle as is. It's actually a relief that they are not doing a 1:1 remake.
Although, switching out Donphan for a Gen 8 Pokemon is most likely the only change that they're making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom