• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think its a bad thing at all tbh. I like that they're restricting the dex for these games, will give us the chance to get to know the gen viii pkmn better and will be interesting to see what effects it has on the meta, at least until they release the inevitable sequels which bring the rest of the mons thru.
Restricting and eliminating is a different thing it is ok to restrict them but totally eliminating them from the game and not to mention WE ARE PAYING A YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION NOT ONLY FOR ONLINE BUT ALSO FOR THE BANK which is now totally useless makes is a capital mistake!

IT IS A VERY APPLE MOVE TO NOT LET ALL POKEMON TRANSFER!

i mean, if it were to happen whatever company got the "golden egg" would simply thank TPCi for the free cash and pretty much do exactly what Game Freak has been doing since it's a tried and true formula that produces results. common business sense.
Yeah, but seeing how certain game reboots work, they might not even do that, or just because it's a tried and true formula, they end up giving us a game that is barely functional a la Gen I and is Christmas-rushed.

Let's just say that I have reasons to be distrustful of reboots.

Restricting and eliminating is a different thing it is ok to restrict them but totally eliminating them from the game and not to mention WE ARE PAYING A YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION NOT ONLY FOR ONLINE BUT ALSO FOR THE BANK which is now totally useless makes is a capital mistake!

IT IS A VERY APPLE MOVE TO NOT LET ALL POKEMON TRANSFER!

I think saying they "eliminated" them is a bit melodramatic; they did the same thing with SM and life went on. Of course Nintendo's $20/year online "service" is still a scam, but not because of this.

Btw, I’ve found the Twitter post. Here it is.

"Reasons about Junici Masuda not bringing back all the Pokémon are on the 25:40 mark of the video".

Gone through the video, at no point does he seem to say "The reason is not to make players wait and to bring the game before getting all Pokémon 100% ready" what time does he say that?

I guess my old mons are stuck in Pokemon Home until they release a game that has a national dex.

As it's one way transferable it's actually cruel to put your Pokemon in Home. Let them stay in Alola where they can at least train and battle and come outside.
Pokemon Home is effectively purgatory for non-galar mons.

I know his comments did mention game balancing as one of many points for the limit of pokemon. i didnt think there was an imbalance...
If you want them out of comp, ban them out of comp.

Instead they're asking us to pay for content that we can't access. lol

I know his comments did mention game balancing as one of many points for the limit of pokemon. i didnt think there was an imbalance...

Maybe they were thinking about Dynamaxed legendaries.

@Zeta

Lol. They won't even let the "special pokemon" filter apply to all legendaries, they ain't bannin' jack.

@Zeta @BlueWaves

It seems as though non-Garlain Pokemon will simply be trapped in Home in stasis. It's one way transferable so once they come from Alola to Home, they won't be able to go back, and if they aren't in the Galar dex, they won't be able to go to SW/SH either. They will be trapped between the two.

@Zeta @BlueWaves

It seems as though non-Garlain Pokemon will simply be trapped in Home in stasis. It's one way transferable so once they come from Alola to Home, they won't be able to go back, and if they aren't in the Galar dex, they won't be able to go to SW/SH either. They will be trapped between the two.
Damn, that's dark...

"Please understand, do not use our online services. Thank you for your cooperation. But . . . could you pay us for them, anyways?"

Btw, I’ve found the Twitter post. Here it is.

"Reasons about Junici Masuda not bringing back all the Pokémon are on the 25:40 mark of the video".

Those quotes are just the user's summary of the video. Masuda's actual words, according to the translator, are these:
In previous games, you were able to-for example, in Sun and Moon, you were able to bring in any Pokemon, even if they weren't in the Alola Pokedex. But with the transition to the Nintendo Switch hardware, and with it being much more powerful and allowing us to be much more expressive with the Pokemon , and now we're well over 800 species of Pokemon in the games. At Game Freak, we really spent a lot of time thinking about what the best way to move forward was, really preserving the quality of all the different Pokemon, while also taking into account the battle balance, having so many different Pokemon available, all within a limited development time so we don't keep fans waiting too long for a new entry in the series. And after a lot of discussion we decided to come to a new direction. What that means for Sword and Shield is that players will be able to transfer their Pokemon from Pokemon Home only if they appear in the Galar region PokeDex. We were very careful, we spent a lot of time thinking what the best selection of Pokemon to match the setting would be. I'll talk about the details in future media events.

There is, noticably, no mention of focusing on Galar Pokemon like you claimed.
It looks like you’ve missed my edit, so I’m going to reply to this by posting this Twitter info once again:

“Reasons about Junici Masuda not bringing back all the Pokémon".

Focusing on the Galar Pokémon for now to give them top treatment and focus seems like a valid reasoning

There's also no suggestion of future patches to include other Pokemon. An interviewer even asks to clarify if he can transfer Pokemon from LGPE to SwSh, and the response is the same: as long as they're in the Galar region. Surely that would be a good time to mention planned patches for the future?

They have to create a bunch of items for the sake of certain Pokemon, for example; stuff like DNA Splicers for Kyurem, Nectar for Oricirio, and the Griseous Orb for Giratina. That's a lot of programming to do.
Items are just pasted into the games from past code. We can see this by looking at how many unobtainable items still exist in the code for games, despite the fact that there's no need for it to exist. Data for the SS Ticket, for example, has been present in every game since GSC, despite not being used since Gen 3. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_unobtainable_items

I wonder when we gonna get trailer reveal for the two new pokemon.. maybe they waiting a week or two so they can show even more new ones with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom