• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't confirm its meltan, nobody knows at all.
But another thing I can't do is discard it.
We're talking about maybe millennia, things could be different that time.

You're expecting too much for ancient people. Even the oak's document is more recent than this painting.
How can you prove that? There's no timeframe given from Oak's document beyond "ancient", and there's certainly no timeframe for the hill picture.
We're talking about maybe millennia, things could be different that time.
When was it confirmed that hill was millennia ago?

Look for similarities, not for exact copies, please.
  1. Nobody's expecting an exact copy. But that doesn't mean that we're going to ignore the addition of details that don't currently exist on Meltan. That can't be explained away as "they didn't get all the details and simplified it".
  2. Why should we focus on similarities to an existing Pokemon? What's wrong with expecting it to be something else? SwSh are sure to introduce dozens of new Pokemon.
  3. Even if we focus on similarities instead of differences, why single out Meltan? Why not say it could be a Cacturne, for example? Cacturne is a bipedal Pokemon with two eyes-it could fit that shape. Sure, its head is triangular, not circular, but maybe it looked different then?

How can you prove that? There's no timeframe given from Oak's document beyond "ancient", and there's certainly no timeframe for the hill picture.

1. Nobody's expecting an exact copy. But that doesn't mean that we're going to ignore the addition of details that don't currently exist on Meltan. That can't be explained away as "they didn't get all the details and simplified it".
  2. Why should we focus on similarities to an existing Pokemon? What's wrong with expecting it to be something else? SwSh are sure to introduce dozens of new Pokemon.
  3. Even if we focus on similarities instead of differences, why single out Meltan? Why not say it could be a Cacturne, for example? Cacturne is a bipedal Pokemon with two eyes-it could fit that shape. Sure, its head is triangular, not circular, but maybe it looked different then?
Unlike some Hill Figures which were speculated to have been made recently, some are in fact a lot older. The Uffington White Horse that the Hill Figure is inspired on is around 3000 years old.

I don't know yet how to quote part by part, sorry. But I'll try to answer, many things though.

I can't prove the time, nobody can. But when we look at the thing we have at the hill, the common thinking is something very very old.

For your list:
1 - Imagining an old time, meltan could be a little different that time.
2 - I said it could be something totally different, the only thing I don't know is why you are already discarding meltan, why not man?
3 - Meltan because it's a mythical new pokemon and until the present moment it had no role.

Source? Looks cool :)
Disclaimer: I am a frequent VP lurker. I see a ton of "leaks", but only post things that can be somewhat believable. This one was good. Posted with Japanese text, so cannot translate. OP never responded to anyone's inquiries, which is a good thing as far as real/fake. The real leaks never have the OP commenting again.

Are people speculating that the tall figure is the evolution of Melmetal, or an alternate form of Melmetal?

Maybe the cavemen that depicted Meltan had a few more drinks than usual before painting Meltan. Maybe that's the reason why they thought Meltan has 2 eyes. Double vision...

If people are really getting tired of DLC, then why do most games these days still have them?

For the same reason a lot of games have microtransactions (although DLCs are less extreme): to get even more of the players' money.
They already “locked” features behind a pawall (ie USUM) and still sold well.

Personally, I don't feel that way about third version (including USUM), since in them characters get redesigned, some of the more poorly implemented features are redone, the main story is often altered and the post-game is changed in order to fit the new story, making it an improved semi-remake of the original (though I'll agree that them introducing new Pokémon in USUM that aren't available in SM was a little irritating). Meanwhile, DLC is restricted to the preexisting story, mechanics and post-game of the base game, making a third version-style overhaul harder to do and, more often than not, the features it introduces could have been in the base game from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom