• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I automatically ignore those that mention new mega evolutions and regional variants. Game Freak stopped bothering to expand on new battle mechanics/gimmicks introduced in Pokemon games a LONG TIME ago.
To be fair, the only precedent is Mega Evolution in SM. Things like rotation/triple battles can't really be expanded, and they were dropped due to technical limitations (which isn't to say they'll be revived as very few players miss them).

It boils down to whether or not there will be a new kind of forms. It would be weird if there were no new forms at all, outside the (seemingly) unlikely return of cross-generational evolutions

Okay. So even if it is a completely new set, does it seem to serve a different purpose? The trailer seems to hint at the movie being a retelling of the first movie. And if that is true, the tech gear might be nothing more than just fancy updated gear for purely aesthetics.
Yeah. Also, considering the fact that Takeshi Shudo is still credited as the sole writer on the film, there won't be any major changes to the plot that a promotion of a Gen 8 mechanic would do.

I think the fact that they're already prebooking tickets for the film at this point kinda says enough that there's no major divergence from the original- unless they think that marketing it as a pretty faithful adaptation and then revealing a surprise new mechanic plot twist in theaters is going to go over well.

It's like telling people that they did a faithful adaptation of their favorite book and then surprise! Sudden movie-only plot twist we didn't tell you about.

ruffledrowlit is theorizing we may not get any significant news on SwSh until June because of the detective pikachu film and merch...
surely we will get a little something in corocoro like a hint or silhouette? plz?? i mean 3 months of practically nothing would be awful.

ruffledrowlit is theorizing we may not get any significant news on SwSh until June because of the detective pikachu film and merch...
surely we will get a little something in corocoro like a hint or silhouette? plz?? i mean 3 months of practically nothing would be awful.

That doesn’t make marketing sense at all.

Not to mention that can't be right. Cause if I remember correctly, for japan, Detective Pikachu just came out yesterday. No wait, that's on the 3rd of May.

I really don't mind the wait, I'm still buzzing from that reveal trailer in February!
So many hopes and so many expectations, only pitfall is the possibility of disappointment.

Pretty sure that would be the ideal time for SwSh news rather than the opposite. And it's not like the games and the movie are competing products, so advertising for one won't take away from the other. If anything, it would just double the attention on Pokémon and fuel the attention for both. SwSh isn't putting out merchandise yet either so there wouldn't be a squabble between it and Detective Pikachu for merch marketing and shelf space.

Not sure why people follow Ruffledrowlit, honestly. His theories aren't well-thought and he fails at doing basic research for the "leaks" he comments on.

Edit: Meant to quote @PocketMonster but my phone decided to be retarded. >.>

Yeah no, it is very unlikely that they will skip May for promotion. May was never skipped during the 3DS generations for any reason and I don't see this being any different for the Switch generations. This is also the month right before E3, so Pokemon would rather have all the attention before that time happens.

Do you think it’ll be playable at E3? Or closer to the release date with demo events?

I’m really hoping we get a haunted book Pokémon

Anything that tweet says? Just want to make sure before speculating what it could mean.

Anything that tweet says? Just want to make sure before speculating what it could mean.
It talks about how the leader of the pack is the last one to watch and make sure everyone is in line. While the elderly are in the front. While the stronger ones are after the elderly and also in front of the leader, while the rest (most) are in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom