• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, does anyone else get the suspicion that the third legendary will get a story about it in these games? This hasn't happened before, the closest one was Necrozma in Sun and Moon and even then, that was a small thing.
I've got a hunch that there's some conflict involving the third legendary which will be shown later (probably E3) since the CGI trailer ends with the box legends in a Fighting stance towards something.

Trees in the background still without shadows. OGM wheat still shining for no reason.

Beat my expectations!

-Finally another female professor thank you gamefreak!!! Her grandaughter is beautiful! (Probably already R34ed lol).

-Leon looks awesome hope he'll be a great champion battle obviously he'll use Dynamaxing but on who hopefully not his Charizard personally since it gets enough attention as is but since it's likely his Ace Pokemon like how Diantha had Mega Gardevoir likely hopefully it doesn't easily go down to rock moves.

-Hop is a weird name for a rival but PLEASE have great potential now that we know his older brother is the champion of Galar this is a great setup for his character! (but I'm a bit weary since once again he's using the starter weak to ours...)

-Dynamaxing looks epic that's gonna be fun to experience!

-now people can stop complaining about no overworld wild Pokemon

-free camera is a great addition!

-James Turner returning is great I look foward to seeing more of his designs!

-love the new Pokemon introduced I know at least Wooloo and Corviknight(please be like Staraptor!) are on my team with my starter!

-finally the Legendary Pokemon of the games Zacian and Zamazenta they look awesome I feel I can predict their movepool and I'm liking it!

Really good Pokemon direct overall just the right amount of info I wanted immediate preorder!

OMG the graphics for this game are incredible and omg, Wild Areas! I am all for this!! Corviknight and the legendaries look awesome! I’m also really fond of Dreadnaw. I’m not really fond so far of Dynamax’s concept but it looks really cool and I love that Bewear was one of the Pokémon to represent it (really curious on what a Dynamax Wailord will be like). I’m also really impressed with everything related to the starters. They look really powerful, especially Scorbunny.

Yes! I wanted a new sheep Pokémon from this region so badly!!!

I’m really curious on what was flying over Zacian and Zamazenta. The third Legendary or a Mythical perhaps?

There's a screenshot of Scorbunny at Level 14 with the moves Ember, Quick Attack, Double Kick, and Growl...
I feel like it would be weird for a rabbit Pokémon to not learn any kicking moves. I don’t think Double Kick means anything.

Last edited:
Yes! Finally my beloved Deerling and Sawsbuck can change their forms again!!!! (if they are in this game that is)

Overworld weather has been in every game since Gen 5 and has had no bearing on their forms; why would this be different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom