• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also a new move for Grookey was revealed, Stick Bash
Where did u see that?

edit: nvm found it

The stick only gains it's abilities after Grookey uses it's sunlight energy on it. And that energy goes into plants. So it's not like it's magical or anything.
There are crystal wands that exist that are believed by some religions (often nature religions) to use either the sun's energy or the moon's energy to heal people. Also Crystals believed to be cleansed or charged by sunlight or moonlight.
The moonlight and sunlight and the position of their bodies are very important in fay and nature magic as well.
Also,

Arthur Conan Doyle, in his The Coming of the Fairies; The Theosophic View of Fairies, reported that eminent theosophist E. L. Gardner had likened fairies to butterflies, whose function was to provide an essential link between the energy of the sun and the plants of Earth, describing them as having no clean-cut shape ... small, hazy, and somewhat luminous clouds of colour with a brighter spark-like nucleus. "That growth of a plant which we regard as the customary and inevitable result of associating the three factors of sun, seed, and soil would never take place if the fairy builders were absent."[24]

In England's Theosophist circles of the 19th century, a belief in the "angelic" nature of fairies was reported.[21] Entities referred to as Devas were said to guide many processes of nature, such as evolution of organisms, growth of plants, etc., many of which resided inside the Sun (Solar Angels). The more Earthbound Devas included nature spirits, elementals, and fairies,[22] which were described as appearing in the form of colored flames, roughly the size of a human.[23]

1896 illustration of a fairy from Ernest Vincent Wright's The Wonderful Fairies of the Sun

Source: wiki

So I believe that grookey does have a fair chance of being grass/fairy.

There are crystal wands that exist that are believed by some religions (often nature religions) to use either the sun's energy or the moon's energy to heal people. Also Crystals believed to be cleansed or charged by sunlight or moonlight.
The moonlight and sunlight and the position of their bodies are very important in fay and nature magic as well.
Also,

Arthur Conan Doyle, in his The Coming of the Fairies; The Theosophic View of Fairies, reported that eminent theosophist E. L. Gardner had likened fairies to butterflies, whose function was to provide an essential link between the energy of the sun and the plants of Earth, describing them as having no clean-cut shape ... small, hazy, and somewhat luminous clouds of colour with a brighter spark-like nucleus. "That growth of a plant which we regard as the customary and inevitable result of associating the three factors of sun, seed, and soil would never take place if the fairy builders were absent."[24]

In England's Theosophist circles of the 19th century, a belief in the "angelic" nature of fairies was reported.[21] Entities referred to as Devas were said to guide many processes of nature, such as evolution of organisms, growth of plants, etc., many of which resided inside the Sun (Solar Angels). The more Earthbound Devas included nature spirits, elementals, and fairies,[22] which were described as appearing in the form of colored flames, roughly the size of a human.[23]

1896 illustration of a fairy from Ernest Vincent Wright's The Wonderful Fairies of the Sun

Source: wiki

So I believe that Grookey does have a fair chance of being grass/fairy.
......But the stick isn't crystal. It's a tree branch.

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1138110280095870976

......But the stick isn't crystal. It's a tree branch.

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1138110280095870976

The point is that if it is a wand it can use nature's elements for magic work such as regrowing plants. Crystals are enhancers added to a wand often. Some are just Crystals though which is what I am assuming you are thinking of.

The wand has been used for centuries by witches to help them create their magic, it is a precious tool and an integral part of a witch’s bag of tricks. The wand was and is used for healing as well as spells and magic, it can be used to charge a plant or herb with special powers of healing, it works especially well with Bach flower remedies. The wand is used by the witch pointing the wand and directing the energy, often using silent word spells to empower the wand.

The wand is a traditional choice for witches, and as witches neither borrow or lend their precious wand, it is charged with the individual witch’s energy as though it is an extension of themselves. All implements used by witches align to a particular element, the wand is aligned to the element of air, any type of wood can be used to make a wand and often it comes down to tradition and culture. Most witches prefer blackthorn for their wand and there is a quiet understanding peculiar to all witches that no witch will touch the wand of another witch as the energy of each witch is charged into the wand. Crystals and talismans are often added to the wand to intensify the power, the wand usually has some engraving on it depending on the belief of each individual witch the wand is energized and enchanted by the witch before use. Birch, Oak, Almond and Hazel are also popular. Energy can be sent over long distances and is often used in healing rituals, the energy in the wand is extremely powerful, and the space where the witch conjures magic is sacrosanct.

How to Re-charge Your Wand

After several uses the wand requires re-charging, just as sleep recharges all witches, a well used wand needs to be re-charged. I like to re-charge the wand with the Sun, the Moon (when full) a rose quartz and an amethyst crystal, always charge with the Sun first. As soon as you wake up place the wand outside for two hours with the rose quartz next to it and place a piece of paper with the words, “the power of the universe shall imbue this wand”, then in the evening do the same thing only you use the amethyst and leave the wand out all night. When you bring the wand inside use a smudge stick to seal the power in the wand.

source

edit, underlining for emphasis

The Energy

Remember you are the witch and your energy creates the magic, the wand is a tool for you to use and is an extension of your power.

When choosing a wand, you may wish to find the magical properties of wood, below is a list of woods and their magical strengths

Last edited:
I’m still not convinced that the giant on the hill is the third legendary for some reason...
I think it might be something to related to Dynamaxing (or Gigantamaxing if that's a thing), but I'm not sure of what Pokemon. I mean look of it, all the other stick figures around it are tiny, while the giant on the hill is well, giant. There is even a short clip in the game with Sonia twirling her hair. With the background, it is clear she is standing on some raised area in a small clearing, with the grass gym in the background. Since Sonia is helping her grandmother with the dynamaxing research, and this area is relatively early in the game, this might be where Sonia introduces the player to Dynamax phenomenon.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-10 at 9.35.31 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-10 at 9.35.31 AM.png
    345.9 KB · Views: 33
The point is that if it is a wand it can use nature's elements for magic work such as regrowing plants. Crystals are enhancers added to a wand often. Some are just Crystals though which is what I am assuming you are thinking of.

The wand has been used for centuries by witches to help them create their magic, it is a precious tool and an integral part of a witch’s bag of tricks. The wand was and is used for healing as well as spells and magic, it can be used to charge a plant or herb with special powers of healing, it works especially well with Bach flower remedies. The wand is used by the witch pointing the wand and directing the energy, often using silent word spells to empower the wand.

The wand is a traditional choice for witches, and as witches neither borrow or lend their precious wand, it is charged with the individual witch’s energy as though it is an extension of themselves. All implements used by witches align to a particular element, the wand is aligned to the element of air, any type of wood can be used to make a wand and often it comes down to tradition and culture. Most witches prefer blackthorn for their wand and there is a quiet understanding peculiar to all witches that no witch will touch the wand of another witch as the energy of each witch is charged into the wand. Crystals and talismans are often added to the wand to intensify the power, the wand usually has some engraving on it depending on the belief of each individual witch the wand is energized and enchanted by the witch before use. Birch, Oak, Almond and Hazel are also popular. Energy can be sent over long distances and is often used in healing rituals, the energy in the wand is extremely powerful, and the space where the witch conjures magic is sacrosanct.

How to Re-charge Your Wand

After several uses the wand requires re-charging, just as sleep recharges all witches, a well used wand needs to be re-charged. I like to re-charge the wand with the Sun, the Moon (when full) a rose quartz and an amethyst crystal, always charge with the Sun first. As soon as you wake up place the wand outside for two hours with the rose quartz next to it and place a piece of paper with the words, “the power of the universe shall imbue this wand”, then in the evening do the same thing only you use the amethyst and leave the wand out all night. When you bring the wand inside use a smudge stick to seal the power in the wand.

source

edit, underlining for emphasis

The Energy

Remember you are the witch and your energy creates the magic, the wand is a tool for you to use and is an extension of your power.

When choosing a wand, you may wish to find the magical properties of wood, below is a list of woods and their magical strengths

Well, I can definitely see your point at least. And it's a good one. But even so, it's doesn't seem to have this magical element to me. And the fact it's treats his stick more like a drumstick than a wand, doesn't make it seem like a wand much.

unfortunately i don't know much about shamans or their drums... only that drums are used for healing. and the description talks about grookey drumming near plants.

A magician that uses a wand? Grass/Psychic or Grass/Fairy type confirmed.

Last edited:
unfortunately i don't know much about shamans or their drums... only that drums are used for healing. and the description talks about grookey drumming near plants.
But again, I can see your point at least. And if it does end up as Grass/Fairy, it'd probably be another Tapu Bulu. But that's also a slight downside, due to the fact Bulu barely used the Fairy half, cause there wasn't much for him to use. So hopefully there'll be more physical Fairy moves this game.

I mean it is possible the combined the idea of a magicians wand with a healing wand used in many nature religions. magician wands usually tap near or on the object.

well i found this,

Shamans employ methods for altering consciousness so that they can send their souls into the non-ordinary reality of the spirits who become their friends, guides, guardians, instructors, and allies. These helping spirits might be the spirits of nature, animals, plants, the elements, ancestors, gods, goddesses, or teachers from various religious traditions. The act of sending one’s soul into the spirit world is called the soul flight or shamanic journey, and it allows the journeyer to view life and life’s problems from a detached, spiritual perspective, not easily achieved in a state of ordinary consciousness. One of the most universal methods for altering consciousness for this spirit journey is a persistent, mesmerizing drumbeat.

Tuvan shamans believe that the spirits of nature create their own sound world, and it is possible for humans to communicate with them through the sound of the drum.

source Shamanic Drumming: Calling the Spirits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom