• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, if they can't go through the effort of not including all pokemon from past gens, I doubt they would bother giving fake stats from the sake of a demo when all they have to do is rise their levels to 50. And wouldn't it only be strange if Grookey also had similar stats? Cause his is spread all round except sp.atk

Again, if they can't go through the effort of not including all pokemon from past gens, I doubt they would bother giving fake stats from the sake of a demo when all they have to do is rise their levels to 50.
They went to the effort of competely swapping the models and Pokémon of trainers in said gym. Changing stats doesn’t seem that far fetched.

Also, I might have to check it, but did it ever happen that two starters had basically mirrored stats with the only change being their favoured offensive stat?

They went to the effort of competely swapping the models and Pokémon of trainers in said gym. Changing stats doesn’t seem that far fetched.

Also, I might have to check it, but did it ever happen that two starters had basically mirrored stats with the only change being their favoured offensive stat?
Also, with the possible exception of the LGPE demo, the demos I have seen show that GF gives dummy stats to Pokémon.

That’s what I meant with the post. The stats appearance to too fake, as well as too similar between each others.

The whole gym part is ‘fake’ in the sense that they places placeholder trainers (I doubt there’ll be school students in the water gym...), with placeholder Pokémon. The only think they could’ve been ‘real’ is the number of Pokémon Nessa had.
This would be the first time all three starters have medium high speed and one of the attacks being unuseful...Either GF decided to make the starters competitive (two glass cannons and a fast incineroar basically) since the beginning or those are fake stats.

First I'm hearing of it but it'd make sense one's a physical attacker and the other a special attacker. Again I don't think they're fake, especially when there's no need to hide them

this isn't the first time they done this.

? Are you talking about Let's Go? Because if so, it's a different scenario. Let's Go have all that mechanics from GO, it's a special case, I was talking about traditional series games.

This would be the first time all three starters have medium high speed and one of the attacks being unuseful...Either GF decided to make the starters competitive (two glass cannons and a fast incineroar basically) since the beginning or those are fake stats.

It just seem strange that Scorbunny and Sobble have basically the same stats. There are ways to make all three competitive without making two of them mirrors of each other. Couple with the blatant modifications to the gyms, I think it’s quite possible that they’re fake.

I’m not ruling out that they’re real, though. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

? Are you talking about Let's Go? Because if so, it's a different scenario. Let's Go have all that mechanics from GO, it's a special case, I was talking about traditional series games.
....Ruby and Sapphire? Black and White are also in a similar bucket if you didn't have two DS. sure you could use non-BW pokemon, but you had to GTS/trade for them.

....Ruby and Sapphire? Black and White are also in a similar bucket if you didn't have two DS. sure you could use non-BW pokemon, but you had to GTS/trade for them.

But with Ruby and Sapphire this wasn't the case? In fact, it was worse. But I don't understand the point you want to reach. Just because something worse has been done before doesn't mean that this isn't bad.

BW was okay, you only need two DS, as you said.

i think they just want more people to be the pokeball+
They said it could be transferred to Sword and Shield.

If you can't transfer Pokemon then why would you be able to transfer the Mew on it. The fact they said you could transfer it means either Mew is in the Galar dex, or every Pokemon is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom