• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were encoded in SM in SWSH they arw not just like LGPE SO DONT SAY IT IS MELODRAMATIC AND LET PEOPLE BE ANGRY AND SAD ABOUT A VERY BAD NEWS AND DONT SUGAR COAT IT!

What if therE IS A PATCH LATER DOWN THE LINE THAT BRINGS THEM BACK?

Considering that they reconnected the gen i + ii games with the rest of the franchise, I don't think that's quite fair.
First off, life is not fair.
Secondly, what's fair is a matter of perspective.
And lastly, what I stated was just that in the games of the last generation, they already toon steps towards restricting players to the Pokémon of a regional dex. In Alola, you could still use any transferred Pokémon. In Let's Go, Kanto only.
Now it's Galar regionals only. Looking at the transition, it's not that much of a surprise and to be fair, how much of an outcry was there over Alola games dropping the national dex ingame, or Let's Go only featuring Kanto?
They were still bought and loved, no reason to think fans would really mind restrictions, right?

Credit where credit is due, and as I said, most content shown of SW/SH so far, I like. Not a fan of the Wild Area, but that's more indifference - in general I'm just not fond of open world concepts for a couple of reasons, but people demand it, so they get it.

Less Pokémon available makes this game maybe more accessable to newcomers, but it's at the expensive of people who actually grew attached to their pixels and want their oldest Pokémon from gen 3 back on SW/SH, and now quite possibly can't.

If anyone catches wind of a petition, though, feel free to message me the link, I'd gladly sign it and spread the word. :p

So I get to be on the other side of the controversy this time? Okay. I have nothing to offer, though. Just that I still like this game.

Sad

There's just no valid excuse whatsoever for Game Freak to exclude a huge chunk of Pokemon, they could've easily ported the animations they done from the Gen 7 games and just called it a day.
Some guy who knows a lot about game design is probably typing up a long post about why they can't do that right this moment. I just know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom