• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That info sounds mostly okay with me, if it turns out to be true- I think the thing that I'm least fond of is the visible Pokemon in the overworld, but I'm absolutely intrigued and willing to give it a shot.

This also sounds very probable, as far as rumors go- well within the realm of possibility
If Pokémon following you or at least some form of it come back...well it's exciting but it sounds too good to be true.:p

They say they'll give the pics when they can be sure it's real.

Attachments

• A2IsTN8.png
    A2IsTN8.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 130
  • A2IsTN8.png
    A2IsTN8.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 118
I really like the idea of small Pokemon being able to ride on the trainers' hat or shoulder- I used to put my trainer in the Slurpuff dress in X and Y, even though I hate putting my trainers in dresses and skirts usually, because I had a Slurpuff on my team, and when you ride your bike while wearing that dress it looks like the Slurpuff is sitting in a basket on the back of the bike. Something like that but deliberate, for a decent number of Pokemon small enough/light enough to do so? That would be a dream come true.

And because of how HGSS worked, where if the Pokemon following was too big it simply went back into the ball in locations where smaller Pokemon wouldn't, I think that this sort of system could be implemented fairly similarly. You're walking with your Eevee and hop onto a Lapras, and the animation shows the Eevee climbing onto your hat first, but if you're walking with like, Snorlax, the animation will depict it going into the Pokeball when you hop on the Lapras.

God, if they combined that with the chance that your following Pokemon can interact with things relatively nearby to your trainer (like, maybe certain Pokemon will smell/notice things when following you and stop to investigate, which you have to decide to pay attention to if you want to obtain a bonus item or something (or else they just run back close to you again when you get to far away)? If you go to the Pokemon center and your Eevee stops to interact with another Pokemon or trainer with a happy animation, or a fear animation + running back to your trainer? That would add so much personality and flavor to the following mechanic, instead of the Pokemon just being laser focused on following you 100% of the time.

I'm getting overly excited and basically just throwing wishes out there, so I'll try and reign it in, but I'd love some confirmation of any incarnation of the following Pokemon mechanic returning. That's one of my favorite features from HGSS, and I can't even experience it anymore in those games because I loaned my copy of SS to a friend, and my copy of HeartGold is in Japanese and really hard for me to translate every time I want to know exactly what's going on with my Pokemon.

Last edited:
How can the validity of the picture even be verified? I don't think it makes sense to post the article without some supporting evidence, but at the same time I doubt that Pokejungle doesn't have something to go on.

Kanto?But that's 2 games.Z?
If we're being picky, then even Kalos got two versions. I assume that "in a previous game" just means "before".

How can the validity of the picture even be verified? I don't think it makes sense to post the article without some supporting evidence, but at the same time I doubt that Pokejungle doesn't have something to go on.

If we're being picky, then even Kalos got two versions. I assume that "in a previous game" just means "before".
I mean,yeah,but I feel like they would use a different way to say it it for Kanto than they would the other regions.

If Pokémon following you or at least some form of it come back...well it's exciting but it sounds too good to be true.:p

They say they'll give the pics when they can be sure it's real.
Actually I made a mistake here,they will give the pics when they can be sure it's fake.

Pokejungle: "The pictures may come after I can with 100% certainty ascertain their authenticity. Sorry :( I made agreements so that I could share this information in text format first."

"If they turn out to be fake, I can share right away. I can't find anything that disproves them then I won't risk someone's job to show them"

I guess he realized that he shouldn't be risking someone's job.

This is what it says:

"Recently some of our loyal readers in Taiwan and China have contacted us about some information that allegedly comes from an internal working demo. Again, I must state quite plainly, this is absolutely hearsay until we have verifiable evidence. We can just break down what seemed to be shown and and some generalizations we can draw from it.

Seen:
  • PokéRide seems to be coming back, or at least the concept of it. A trainer uses Lapras to navigate a water-based trail. The bulky gear that Lapras wore in Generation VII is gone, but the trainer still appears to have a helmet and sports outfit on while riding.
  • Following Pokémon may also be coming back. Whether any Pokémon can follow you or just a select few remains to be seen. In the demo an Eevee perched on the top of its trainers head while riding through the water on Lapras. It’s hard to imagine something bigger having that much leeway or how it would be handled. It follows that Eevee would stay outside of its Pokéball while walking as well.
  • Battles start by running into a Pokémon; unlike previous installments in which players would randomly trigger battles while walking through grass, water, etc this appears to show the Pokémon on the route swimming—until you bump into one. Whether they aggressively try to chase you down or not also remains to be seen.
One more thing… the route looked suspiciously like one we’ve traveled before in a previous game. Hmm…

Again, remember, this could be an elaborate hoax to fool Pokémon fans. Don’t emotionally invest yourself in these rumors, just read them and let us know how you feel about them below!

We’ve seen a still from it personally and there were no other sources when reverse image searched, but it has a long way to go to proving its legitimacy. The graphics seemed adequate in nature and probably what fans would be expecting going from a handheld to a console.

When we see more we’ll update you!"

What do you think?

I would love the idea of having Eevee riding on top of my head anytime, too cute. <3

PokeJungle will do everything for clicks, and it's working.
sad

I'll be honest, I don't put a lot of stock in him either- don't know him personally, but I don't put a huge amount of trust into any leaks or rumors that get posted on his website. However, I'll gladly take something new to talk about, and even if I won't be surprised if it doesn't come true, I like the new possibilities this leak has introduced that can be discussed as well. Even if the source is kind of shaky, I do believe that a Pokemon fan site owner could be contacted with information about potential leaks, and that this leak is fairly safe (and fairly plausible) in its content itself.

Pixelpar lost all credibility to me, won't take this guy seriously anymore and not only him, a lot of people claim to have sources and then post a "clarification" to damage control when it's not true, what a joke.

I'll be honest, I don't put a lot of stock in him either- don't know him personally, but I don't put a huge amount of trust into any leaks or rumors that get posted on his website. However, I'll gladly take something new to talk about, and even if I won't be surprised if it doesn't come true, I like the new possibilities this leak has introduced that can be discussed as well. Even if the source is kind of shaky, I do believe that a Pokemon fan site owner could be contacted with information about potential leaks, and that this leak is fairly safe (and fairly plausible) in its content itself.
sounds fair i guess.

Pixelpar lost all credibility to me, won't take this guy seriously anymore and not only him, a lot of people claim to have sources and then post a "clarification" to damage control when it's not true, what a joke.

Yeah man i heard gamefreak is teaming up with exhibit to pimp the next pokemon games! they're gonna put a touch LCD screen on the front of the game case that can access google chrome. I also heard that they are gonna revive the Robopon franchise for Super Duper Ultra Sun & Super Duper Ultra Moon.

Pretty sure it's legit but just in case it's not i saw it in a nightmare while i was on Acid.

Robopon Sun, Star, and Moon Versions - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom