• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, they've moved away from cross gen evos, they're likely a thing of the past.
Except you mentioned Sylveon.

We don't know if they've completely moved away from it, maybe they didn't feel like it or wanted to wait until some more generations had passed. We simply don't know. We also don't know if this upcoming generation will have something like it or not.

Would anyone like our MC to have siblings in the next game? Kinda surprised no MC so far had a little/big brother/sister.
Yes please! Like I have been wanting this forever. Especially having an older sibling that the player aspires to be like, or maybe not to be like. Or maybe a twin who is hour rival from birth, so of course, your Pokemon rival.

It would be lovely if perhaps they would have special evolutions, such as cross-gen, arrive in later free patches; so that any looking through the game code upon release would not have revealed them!
It would also just be a pleasant surprise and a good boost of attention and enjoyment for the Gen 8 games!

( I guess for this to work they would have to continually be added to the end of the main Pokedex, but that would be fine I think!)

Except you mentioned Sylveon.

We don't know if they've completely moved away from it, maybe they didn't feel like it or wanted to wait until some more generations had passed. We simply don't know. We also don't know if this upcoming generation will have something like it or not.

I don't think there would be a new eeveelution. I believe in the Phsysical/Special theory, so there could still be a Dragon type to go with the Fairy type, but that should've been in Gen 6 (Gen 2 had Psychic and brand new dark), plus the Eevee Z move kind of disproves any more eeveelutions. If there's no cross Gen evos in Gen 8, I think we can consign them for good.

It would be lovely if perhaps they would have special evolutions, such as cross-gen, arrive in later free patches; so that any looking through the game code upon release would not have revealed them!
It would also just be a pleasant surprise and a good boost of attention and enjoyment for the Gen 8 games!

( I guess for this to work they would have to continually be added to the end of the main Pokedex, but that would be fine I think!)

Have you heard about KH3, I don't have a PS4 so haven't managed to play it, but apparently not all the game is in the coding and it downloads parts to progress the story.

With Mega Evolution and Regional Variants, it makes sense that they largely avoided cross-gen evolutions in Gen 6 and 7. Mega evolutions are cross-gen evolutions, for one thing... regional variants take the concept and turns them into forms... if they had added more regular cross-gens, especially in Gen 6, they would have really oversaturated the region with new designs for old pokemon, and the new pokedex was already small as it was.

But I don't think that they won't ever add new cross-gen evolutions again. There's no way we would get another massive flood of Megas and regional variants have limits to changing their design- if they don't add another damn form change mechanic, they could just do a sprinkling of new cross-gens, megas and regional variants so the concepts combined don't take up the majority of the new designs. We might not get a shitton of them, but it's rather illogical to write them off entirely.

they've moved on from it since megas and regional variants basically allow them to give something new to older pokemon without raising the dex number, which works in their favour.

That being said, a LOT of Kalos mons easily could've been 3-stage lines so I hope at some point in the future, whether it be gen 8, or 9, or 10, we see cross gen evo's make a return

Last edited:
I don't think there would be a new eeveelution. I believe in the Phsysical/Special theory, so there could still be a Dragon type to go with the Fairy type, but that should've been in Gen 6 (Gen 2 had Psychic and brand new dark), plus the Eevee Z move kind of disproves any more eeveelutions. If there's no cross Gen evos in Gen 8, I think we can consign them for good.

Have you heard about KH3, I don't have a PS4 so haven't managed to play it, but apparently not all the game is in the coding and it downloads parts to
Oh I don't think we'll get a new eeveelution for sure, either. I never believed in that special/physical-theory though. We shall see in the upcoming months.

I'm done with all those form-change mechanics.

Oh I don't think we'll get a new eeveelution for sure, either. I never believed in that special/physical-theory though. We shall see in the upcoming months.

I'm done with all those form-change mechanics.

I think Gen 8 will feature the return of Mega Evolutions, I think the initial pair will have lots from Gen 2 and Gen 5, before we ultimately get Gen 4 remakes with more Gen 4 megas.
Maybe we can get some regional variants for Gen 2 Pokemon in advance of Let's Go Ho-Oh and Let's Go Lugia ...

Sylveon was more of a simultaneous advertising of the new Fairy type (ala Umbreon) and a showcase of Pokemon Amie. I like regional variants due to the biological basis for niche speciation, which in my opinion adds more depth to the games than Megas do.

I just didn't like them being limited to Kanto species. Granted I understand with it being the 20th anniversary and all at the time, but there's much potential there with the other regions and mons who could use an update to make up for not having a cross-gen evo.

Sylveon was more of a simultaneous advertising of the new Fairy type (ala Umbreon) and a showcase of Pokemon Amie. I like regional variants due to the biological basis for niche speciation, which in my opinion adds more depth to the games than Megas do.

I just didn't like them being limited to Kanto species. Granted I understand with it being the 20th anniversary and all at the time, but there's much potential there with the other regions and mons who could use an update to make up for not having a cross-gen evo.
I thought most Alolan forms were too 'goofy', to be honest. I also think they take the shine away from the original variants, but that's personal.

Anyway, not a fan of them.

I thought most Alolan forms were too 'goofy', to be honest. I also think they take the shine away from the original variants, but that's personal.

Anyway, not a fan of them.
I think they were better in concept, but they definitely went too goofy with most of the designs. =/ Alolan vulpix is one of the really more solid ones, they should do more like that.

Well no because it's never stated you don't live with your Dad, or that you don't have siblings, so all those people who live with their Dad brothers/sisters older/younger can still conceivably believe they are around, you just don't see them they are off screen etc. Maybe Dads at work, or your brother is in his room which you just don't go into (most houses have more than 2 rooms) so by not showing dads and siblings that doesn't make the game less immersive for those with dads and siblings. But showing them as they do with the Mum character does make it less immersive for those without Dads/siblings.

They can't fully immerse everybody but they can make it as immersive as possible to the widest number of people possible.
I mean if they wanted to imply that we should have some locked rooms, some that say its your siblings room, its mom and dads room. Etc

I mean if they wanted to imply that we should have some locked rooms, some that say its your siblings room, its mom and dads room. Etc

Well no because that breaks the immersion, you could have some locked doors sure, but specifically saying Dad/siblings would break the immersion for those who don't have them.
The idea is that it's left vague and up to the individual player's interpretation.

When my bro and I used to play the games together we'd have opposing versions, and we'd basically be out on the same journey, experiencing different events, that worked all the way up to Gen 5, Gen 5 broke that, because he couldn't have Zekrom and N have Zekrom for example.

Indeed. What cold countries could this be hinting at. Canada is quite cold, they have eskimos, and are near America (NYC) then you've got Russia very cold, especially Siberia, which is next to Hokkaido in Gen 4, then in between Canada and Russia you've got Northern Europe along the North sea, near Kalos (Gen 6) any of them would fit really.
800px-NASA_NorthSea1_2.jpg
Is this a joke...? I can't tell anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom