• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what a somewhat reliable leaker is saying (they leaked smash bros and a march 8th direct)

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/wapbird/status/980141784218075136

They're saying that they heard the battle system change rumour from some people.

I doubt a 'rumour' heard from 'some people' is legit...
They also thought that the 'leaked screenshot' with Lapras was fake just because it was cropped and edited.

Also, they’re predicting a Pokemon direct for early April.

Like, why can’t I see Kecleon and Smeargle in different colors, and why don’t we see new Shellos/Gastrodon visual differences, and its such a bummer that they used to redesign Arbok’s ‘face’ markings for each new region, but ultimately dropped it- would it be that hard to put some of those small variants back in?
And can nursery-hatched Vulpix please be born with one tail? +1 tail for each level up.

And can nursery-hatched Vulpix please be born with one tail? +1 tail for each level up.
YES YES YES
Vulpix's tails always sounded super adorable to me, and I think it's really sad that we never get to see any one-tailed Vulpix, even in the anime! (unless there was one that I missed)
Here is what a somewhat reliable leaker is saying (they leaked smash bros and a march 8th direct)

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/wapbird/status/980141784218075136

Yeah, not buying it.

Yeah putting two versions in your list of things you've heard is kinda hilarious. GUYS. I just heard that the games will likely have pokemon that can only be found in THAT version and must be traded to the other!! How amazing! And the names will share the same sort of theme between then! Just call me Nostradamus.

AND THAT CHAMELEON FROM THAT FANGAME THING IS SUPER ADORABLE AND I LOVE HIM. Though the fighting evolution he's got's a tad weird for my taste. xD

(Also don't be offended by me when I talk about the salt. I never say anything with malice. I just tend to be really really cheeky anymore. Also I was kinda sleepy when I posted that. I tend to be sleepy a lot due to my anxiety related sleep issues. :p I love you all.)

100% SUPPORT that Chameleon.

I mean, early April implies any day before the 15th. It's the 8th almost (I'm in California), so that leaves this week for them to have a Pokemon direct.

While I don't think that this is likely, literally anything is possible, and no one can deny that. This is fact.

It’s still very possible for Pokémon to slightly adjust it’s battle system, if Zelda and the Xeno series could, Pokemon can. I’m expecting mostly minor interface changes at the very least for simplicity sake.

Speaking of fake stuff mixed in, one of the rumors he has claims that Fortnite will be on the Nintendo Switch, in both digital and physical form. The questionable part? The digital version is supposed to be free, while the physical version will cost money. You can't possibly sell a physical video game if people can just download it for free from the comfort of their own home.
Mabye the physical version comes with the zombie thing, because you have to pay 40 for that
But yeah I think we can get a pokemon direct next week no matter if this guy is lying or not

So about the whole Kanto salt thing. I'm of a slightly different opinion. I can totally see them doing a return to Kanto and I'm not about to say that I can predict sales before we even know what the game is about. But that would not appeal to me personally due to how many times I've played through Kanto games. Heck we just got red, blue, and yellow for the vertual console and I've played through those twice bringing my total gen 1 playthrough count to 9 separate times I've played through gen 1 and that's not including revisits on gen 2 or the fact that it does seem as though Kanto Pokemon have been really prevalent as of the last two gens meaning I've used them a lot though various playthoughs. So yeah maybe I'm a little salty but no amount of passive aggressiveness is going to change how I personally feel about a possible gen 1 revisit so please stop telling me how to feel.

The Zeraora reveal was sure one of the most interesting thing of the switch games announcement season.
I would like to make a list of all the missed appointments with Zeraora in these last months:

- December 9, Zeraora was not revealed in the first movie trailer.
- January 15, Zeraora was not revealed on Corocoro.
- February 15, Zeraora was not revealed on Corocoro.
- February 26, Zeraora was not revealed for the second movie trailer.
- February 27, Zeraora was not revealed for Pokemon Day
- March 8, Zeraora was not revealed in a Nintendo Direct.
- March 15, Zeraora was not revealed on Corocoro.
- March 21, Zeraora was not revealed with the release of Pokken dlc and Detective Pikachu.
- April 8, Zeraora was not revealed....WTF!!!! XD

The Zeraora reveal was sure one of the most interesting thing of the switch games announcement season.
I would like to make a list of all the missed appointments with Zeraora in these last months:

- March 21, Zeraora was not revealed with the release of Pokken dlc and Detective Pikachu.
"April 8th, 4:45 AM- still no sign of the last G7 Mythical. Supplies have run out and group morale is low."

Imagine the scenes... lmfao.

I think Zeraora might go down in history as one of the most hated mythicals.

Literally the only thing related t9 Zeraora people care about now is- when will it get revealed so that we can get it out of the way to start the Pokémon Switch hype train.

I get what you're saying. The actual design has grown on me but in regard of being revealed and out of the way, 100%

I think Zeraora might go down in history as one of the most hated mythicals.

Literally the only thing related to Zeraora people care about now is- when will it get revealed so that we can get it out of the way to start the Pokémon Switch hype train.

It's not helped by the fact that it's so damn boring. It's just an electric cat thing, why is it even a mythical Pokemon to begin with? Its dex entries just make it sound like every other Electric type out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom