• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like that was gamefreak trying to satisfy the Pokemon snap remakes requests, and let's face it, if that was getting a remake it would been on the Wii u.

Anyway I see no problem with open world, if they're worried kids will get lost just give them marks to where the gyms are on the map.
Markers on maps won’t help. Full open world allows for exploration for hours, and you sit there wandering around trying to find your way. If you don’t have the map in the corner for you to constantly see, you’ll get lost.

And unless they have a lot of places to heal Pokémon, you’ll be broke all game or constantly blacking out. Caves are already a pain enough to go through without being bigger. And a marker won’t do anything for that.
The multiple timelines concept has already complicated the concept for most fans, heck adding in ultra beasts has separated the community on whether or not they are legends lol

Even though we have official word from Nintendo and the game code from the datamine it still plagues the community today, we have to keep things simple I agree here.

Pokémon has always been a very simplistic and childish game and I think keeping to that is best for the series. If I want a deeper JRPG experience or something with a decent story / set of characters I’ll just play another game. I don’t expect Pokémon to grow with me as I get older.

Agreed. Though honestly it has more than a mature enough storyline. I doubt a five year old will easily understand the concept of truth and ideals, or what it means that Lusamine has frozen Pokémon. I never see such concepts in movies, and only see them in literature.

So it doesn’t need a more complex storyline. All they need to do is balance better so we don’t have a Kalos incident of botched storyline or an Alola incident with a cut scene every five steps.

I think the games will be story focused, and will have some memorable and fleshed out characters like Lillie and N.
I think that'll be the case because of all the 'story' focus- the movie is named 'Everyone's Story', and the Pokemon Center's 'Make your own story'.

It could also mean our choices having more of an effect on the story, and I'm down for that! And hopefully the versions this time have more drastic differences than before. The version you pick should have more bearing on the story imo to warrant the higher price tag.

More stuff implying it's gonna be a Remake over Gen VIII, huh?
IMG_6549.JPG

How is it possible that Nintendo is confident in a 2018 release but the actual developpers aren’t?
It's possible because clearly Nintendo wants to release the games this year for obvious reasons so It's not that weird to think that it's making a lot of pressure while at GF they may not be ready yet. We don't have any good reason to believe this rumor however...

Last edited:
What if we got a game where we did get every region, thing is you have to pick which region you're playing in at the beginning of the game and you're then stuck with that region for the rest of the game unless you reset it? This has nothing to do with Pokemon switch but I thought it was a cool idea.

I want to know what you guys think about this again: at E3 Nintendo has to officially reveal the first trailer for Smash, Fire Emblem and Pokemon. Considering that usually at E3 they show the gameplay of the games and that we know that Smash will be even playable, don't you think it's a bit too much stuff even for E3? I mean, 3 major games to reveal, promote and cover from the beginning to the gameplay at an event where people have already plenty of things to see.
Am I the only one expecting another direct before E3?

I want to know what you guys think about this again: at E3 Nintendo has to officially reveal the first trailer for Smash, Fire Emblem and Pokemon. Considering that usually at E3 they show the gameplay of the games and that we know that Smash will be even playable, don't you think it's a bit too much stuff even for E3? I mean, 3 major games to reveal, promote and cover from the beginning to the gameplay at an event where people have already plenty of things to see.
I'm expecting a pokemon direct after golden week and before june
The second week of may is when big pokemon reveales happen

Pokemon will get it's own direct before e3 if it's coming this year, if it's not probably get a direct much later on in the year.

What if we got a game where we did get every region, thing is you have to pick which region you're playing in at the beginning of the game and you're then stuck with that region for the rest of the game unless you reset it?

Oh the torture that would be…

Honesty if they gave us a game with more than one region (Be it DLC or Base Game) I think what'd be best is once you complete a region you can travel to another but leave everything behind until that region too is completed and so on.

I would say so, though admittedly I'm not familiar with how E3 Confrences works as they're not something I pay attention to, but something we'd have to consider is the Time they have to present and advertise everything, though I do not know how much time they have so that is all I'll say.

Some could also argue that regardless of the time they have the Information itself is too much, but we must remember they are theoretically appealing to distinct audiences; but just to reiterate, in my opinion it does seem to be too much.

I doubt the game has multiple regions at all, let alone letting us choose between more than two of them- I don’t think they got enough time to recreate 2+ regions in 3D AND new features AND new Pokemon.

Not to mention that a new region sells more compared to remake/sequels and the extra effort of 2 or more regions wouldn’t be worth it for GameFreak as a business. (Unless they decide to do paid DLC).

The thing that is suspicious is that GF cannot even give the investors an actual releasedate and thus deadline, which has increased the likeliness for a 2019 release, and assuming that tweet is true, it strenghts my argument.

And if its gonna be a remake, then Nintendo better preparing themselfs for disappointement since remakes don't sell as well as a new gen, especially if many people need to buy a Switch and the games are set in Kanto/Johto since they can replay the games on the 3ds via VC.

No it hasn’t. “2018 or later” doesn’t increase the chance of a 2019 release anymore than a 2018 release.

Actually, it does. Come on: GF cannot even give the investors a deadline date they are working towards in 2018, which, together with the Tweet, supports my statement that they aren't sure they can make 2018, which thus increases the chance of a 2019 release more than a 2018 release.

2018? 2019? 2020? The great debate begins again!

Actually, it does. Come on: GF cannot even give the investors a deadline date they are working towards in 2018, which, together with the Tweet, supports my statement that they aren't sure they can make 2018, which thus increases the chance of a 2019 release more than a 2018 release.

Well, if they change it to '2018', it'll basically spoil it for the fans too since the dates will be made public. '2018 and later' is the safe route to go without spoiling the release year.

2018? 2019? 2020? The great debate begins again!

Wake me when it's over…

Well, if they change it to '2018', it'll basically spoil it for the fans too since the dates will be made public. '2018 and later' is the safe route to go without spoiling the release year.

…Spoil's not the word I'd use, but yes I agree with 2018 or later being the safer option as it should keep expectations of a definitive release at bay, without any of the worry of miffing people because it's releasing as early as it could (No release Date means it can't technically be pushed back).

You know what, team 2050 here, let's give game freak a full bleeping 32 years to make this game and if it still isn't perfect then there was never any hope to begin with!

One can only imagine how many of us would survive the ensuing violence that would arise following the announcement of such a release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom