• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do suspect that Eevee isn't even supposed to evolve, especially if having it on your shoulder/head is a focal point. Maybe they think that the Z-move and some other boost - like a move that could be any type - are good enough. The movie could explain that.

Last edited:
Hmm! I feel like that to change the catching mechanic would make having free roaming, visible Pokemon much more viable because it would not have to change to a battle scene (incliuding in locations where that wouldn't be feasible such as in small areas in general, and especially towns and cities, also on slopes etc!

I agree it makes sense to appeal to nostalgic Pokémon GO players with a return to Kanto. However, I don't think it makes sense for GF to drastically change the mechanics of the main series games in order to 'reach a wider audience'.
No no, i don‘t think there to be drastic changes too, why does everybody think it will turn completely in to pokemon go. But they could add thiny things to give go players a familiar feeling to the games.

Alright, I'll take the bait on this- making a core series game like Pokemon Go? Sure. So if we're going to make Pokemon catching in a main game more like Pokemon Go... this is like a dream come true for everyone, because you know what I always thought would make the core games more enjoyable? The ability to waste pokeballs by dropping them or missing the pokemon entirely when you throw it.

tbh i don't mind the idea of it being like pokemon go, it has potential.

I agree it makes sense to appeal to nostalgic Pokémon GO players with a return to Kanto. However, I don't think it makes sense for GF to drastically change the mechanics of the main series games in order to 'reach a wider audience'.

Yes and no. We've been hearing rumors that the pokeball throwing mechanics would change regardless. And it makes sense, you have joycons, you're going to utilize them. Making the throwing mechanics similar to Go basically turns it into a mini game. I don't think it's going to be exactly the same, but I imagine the target/color coding for difficulty makes it in.

Alright, I'll take the bait on this- making a core series game like Pokemon Go? Sure. So if we're going to make Pokemon catching in a main game more like Pokemon Go... this is like a dream come true for everyone, because you know what I always thought would make the core games more enjoyable? The ability to waste pokeballs by dropping them or missing the pokemon entirely when you throw it.

When i read this i thought you were describing that Pokeballs that didn't work could be picked back up off the ground after an encounter! ( i am not familiar with how Pokemon GO actually works)

That would be ok! :) :)

I kinda just wanna say that leaks != gospel. Yeah, there’s now a good chance some or even all of this could be true, given the credibility of some leakers and the coincidental nature of the others, but there’s still the chance that it’s not. So I guess just don’t get butthurt or excited about this until we know for certain.

When i read this i thought you were describing that Pokeballs that didn't work could be picked back up off the ground after an encounter! ( i am not familiar with how Pokemon GO actually works)

That would be ok! :) :)
XD Oh I wish, that would improve both games entirely... but also take away most of the micro-transaction incentive for Go.

What if “Let’s Go” is a prefix for reboots?

Normal Games: Generic titles. Gold/Silver, Black/White, X/Y, etc.

Remix Games: Crystal, Platinum, etc.

Sequel Games: Followed by a “2”. Black 2/White 2 are the only examples of this.

Alternate Reality Games: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon

Remakes: Unlike US/UM, Remakes have unique prefix titles. It’s not “Earth Ruby/Earth Sapphire” for example. It’s Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, etc.

Reboot: Prefix could be “Lets Go”. Let’s Go Eevee/Pikachu, etc.

Wild Pokemon on the overworld isn't technically a new feature to be honest. So the argument that making it more like GO just because of wild Pokemon being in the overworld doesn't have any merit at all.

Maybe it could work like this: while battling the pokemon and as you have weakened it and want to catch it, you go into catching mode, like some said it could become a mini game, like mabe the pokemon is moving and you have to aim on it to catch it, would actually make more sense than the pokemon just staying still in its place, animals don‘t stay still too if you think about it, because it would be a foolish move of them :ROFLMAO:

Poll should be such version you're getting.
I kinda just wanna say that leaks != gospel. Yeah, there’s now a good chance some or even all of this could be true, given the credibility of some leakers and the coincidental nature of the others, but there’s still the chance that it’s not. So I guess just don’t get butthurt or excited about this until we know for certain.
Nah.

I just realized this, but there's no way they actually implement the Pokémon GO catching mechanic alone into the main series games. If that was the case, you would always have to use the Joycons to catch Pokémon, which means that you wouldn't be able to catch any Pokémon if you didn't have a surface to set down the Switch on and take out the Joycons. This is so inconvinient, no one would program it like that. Even if they add the option of using the Joycons, GF wouldn't remove the option of simply using the buttons like normal.

Hmm! I feel like that to change the catching mechanic would make having free roaming, visible Pokemon much more viable because it would not have to change to a battle scene (incliuding in locations where that wouldn't be feasible such as in small areas in general, and especially towns and cities, also on slopes etc!

I think visible wild pokemon + motion controls/touch screen swipe to throw pokemon balls is going to be the Go influence (if the rumor is true). I imagine you'll still get to battle wild pokemon in the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom