• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure if we already discussed this or not, but saw it on the internet, read for fun lol

View: https://imgur.com/a/1eoNevv#xbv6XUX

From what I gathered, It's not Kanto in the sense of this:

latest

More like, it was destroyed and a new region was formed from the remains of Kanto. That is interesting.

I think I'll put some faith in this. After all, it's someone who works at Nintendo (granted, it could be a random person just spouting random things).

Something interesting popped up...
Alex from Nintendo Life is going to Nintendo's place to check something, today some previews popped up for the Rabbids + Mario DLC so i doubt it's to check that.

I remember a rumor saying that Pokemon Switch will be shown to the press at some point (i don't remember if it was before or after the announcement), anyone remembers what rumor was?

View: https://twitter.com/Alex_Olney/status/998909909373767680

I sincerely doubt that the leak is real, but I can see GameFreak possibly having us start somewhere other than Pallet Town. Kinda like they did with B2W2.

It's fake. You only need to look at the titles to see that the premise of these games isn't nearly as dark as "Kanto has been destroyed and a new region has emerged out of nowhere."

This "leaker" is trying to downplay the Pikachu/Eevee/Go elements and bring the attention back to the Piuk rumor. It's also embarrassing that they confused Nintendo with Game Freak.

It's fake. You only need to look at the titles to see that the premise of these games isn't nearly as dark as "Kanto has been destroyed and a new region has emerged out of nowhere."

This "leaker" is trying to downplay the Pikachu/Eevee/Go elements and bring the attention back to the Piuk rumor. It's also embarrassing that they confused Nintendo with Game Freak.

There may be some truth in there. Game Freak may be the ones making the game, but Nintendo is the one who gives the ideas.

Here's an easy tip to clearly know its fake: NEVER put in "I-I'm risking my job!" Or "I work at Nintendo" since apparently everyone still works at Nintendo.
But this could be legit.

Also, if it is legit, what will that mean for the anime since this new region is Kanto, but split into different islands? Something like that does not happen over night. It would be weird for Ash to go home after Alola, and then BAM, the region has changed. Heck, there are people (myself included), who are doing rewrites of the anime. If this is true, then that will be a problem (unless the person gives each region its own protagonist).

Not to mentioning baffling for Ash since he's from Kanto (not to mention Delia and Oak would have warned him of the changes or something horrid happening)

@Greninjaman; Which I really hope not. I'm all for improving Kanto and all but taking such a dramatic change like Kanto splitting apart, trying to explain in-Animvese (even if the games and show are separate) that's way too much of a change imo.

The leak is likely fake, but some leakers aren't direct employees from Nintendo, but rather journalists or people who know someone who works there.

We knew the leak was fake when the 2nd sentence was "I'm risking my job but I was planning on leaving Nintendo next month anyway"

"I'm risking my job but I was planning on going to jail next month anyway"

I'm calling this one fake, I know it's possible to have a Pokemon game with two regions, but three? That's when I start to question it.

Saying "Nintendo really outdid themselves on this game" instead of Game Freak is a basic mistake a fan would make, not an employer.
That "leak" has been discussed 3 pages ago. I'll leave my opinion here again tho.

Why would they integrate Go catching? That would make catching harder. Fans wouldn't like it. Imagine how frustrating it will be to catch a Legendary. And would it mean the Master Ball can miss?

I am not putting faith in any leak, because I don't want to get disappointed.
But if we are getting a new Kanto game, they better put Johto in it. Maybe M21 is hinting at that.

Why would they integrate Go catching? That would make catching harder. Fans wouldn't like it. Imagine how frustrating it will be to catch a Legendary. And would it mean the Master Ball can miss?

I am not putting faith in any leak, because I don't want to get disappointed.
But if we are getting a new Kanto game, they better put Johto in it. Maybe M21 is hinting at that.

If they did implement GO catching, they could always program the Master Ball to always hit the Pokemon when thrown~

A poison type legendary is something I’ve wanted for the longest (I don’t like to count Nihlego). But as much as I like the stuff I’m hearing from this leak I think it’s highly likely it’s fake as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom