• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee have toddler move names. And now that Meltan and Melmetal have been added at the end of the current Pokédex as 808 and 809, does that make them Alola Pokémon? But they aren't obtainable in Alola. Though, 5 new Pokémon were added in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, could Meltan and Melmetal be the same case as Poipole to Zeroara? Or are they next-gen Pokémon released early like Togepi and Munchlax and happen to precede their region's starters like Victini?
Not this again...

Just... let that topic die. Nothing good came from discussing that.

Okay, so Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee have toddler move names. And now that Meltan and Melmetal have been added at the end of the current Pokédex as 808 and 809, does that make them Alola Pokémon? But they aren't obtainable in Alola. Though, 5 new Pokémon were added in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, could Meltan and Melmetal be the same case as Poipole to Zeroara? Or are they next-gen Pokémon released early like Togepi and Munchlax and happen to precede their region's starters like Victini?
If I remember correctly, their index numbers indicate that they are Gen 7 Pokemon.

It doesn't matter what gen Meltan falls into, it's a boring mythical that is nothing more than a creation to market Pokemon GO! and those ruddy Switch games.

I don't think LGPE will have much influence over future games, I don't think the games will do that well in terms comparative sales with other Pokemon core RPG games.

Doesn't it also bypass accuracy checks, though?
*checks again* Oh right, it bypasses accuracy checks, my bad. Also, I was under the impression that Return's max power was 120, not 102, so you're right, Eeveempact is better than Return.

Also, here's that yellow thing's moves (I'll be using my names):

Pikaturbo (Zippy Zap): Has less power than the rest (50), but it will always crit and hits first.
Salpikasurf* (Splishy Splash): It has 30% chance of paralyzing the opponent.
Pikadive/Pikafall (Floaty Fall): 30% of making of making the opponent flinch.
Pikastorm (Pika Papow): Like Eeveempact, but Electric. I guess this has even more uses since at least this can benefit from Super Effective moves.

What I get from comparing this is, while people are saying Pikachu has better stats than Eevee, Eevee has the better moves, specially since they always have some kind of effect to go along with them. I wonder what would happen if those moves could be learned by their evolutions.

*Couldn't find a fitting pun for this one, so I'm leaving the Spanish name as is.

I don't think LGPE will affect Gen 8, but they could affect Sinnoh remakes. Pretty sure LGPE is going to do excellently. It's Pokémon after all, and it's cute.

Eevee is my favourite Pokémon, but I think these moves are OP, mainly because they have a guaranteed second effect.

I don't think LGPE will affect Gen 8, but they could affect Sinnoh remakes. Pretty sure LGPE is going to do excellently. It's Pokémon after all, and it's cute.

Eevee is my favourite Pokémon, but I think these moves are OP, mainly because they have a guaranteed second effect.

Imo, i think the main problem is those move are introduced early on.

Victini's whole thing is victory and winning, so it coming in first in the Unova pokedex was probably symbolic. Meltan and Melmetal have no such symbolism, so I feel that their numbers coming after Zeraora make them definitively Gen 7.

Being Mythicals released in a non-Alolan game, I can't say that they are Alolan pokemon... I think Mythicals often somewhat bypass being a part of any region due to canon rarity and their promotional use between generations. Heck, technically speaking, Meltan isn't even a Kanto pokemon- you have to get it in Pokemon GO first and then send it to LGPE.

I don't think that Sinnoh will get a Let's Go game until they make an actual Sinnoh remake.

I still believe LGPE is a test to see what they could do to the Gen VIII games. Seeing how they implemented things people have asked for in LGPE makes me think that GF is not deaf like people like to think.

Yay, we’re back to the “Is Meltan/Melmetal gen 7 or gen 8?” semantics debate...

We desperately need some leaks to talk about.

If I only for the sake of changing subject, I'll share something I found in a 4chan thread. It was posted as a reply to a different er... "leak"

You're wrong

>the region is Central America

>Grass starter is sloth that becomes a Grass/Ground megatherium (giant ground sloth)
>Fire starter starts as a helmeted mouse that evolves into a Fire/Steel armadillo type creature - quite small for a starter
>Water starter is a snake that evolves into a Water/Dragon dragon serpent

>theme of the region is climate change
>weather is a key feature of the region, and weather/terrain moves have been overhauled to match
>most areas will have changeable weather and terrain presets on the field of battle
>the 'evil team' are hoping to unearth legendary 'weather fairies' to ease the climate change effects

>region is full of rainforest, beaches, Aztec-tier ruins, dive areas, mountains, rivers, etc.
>it will have more cities than Alola and feel more like a traditional game
>8 Gyms setup return
>You will discover Totem-like 'boss fight' pokemon during your travels too

>lots of new pokemon
>regional variants return
>no new megas
>no new cross-gen evolutions (excluding regional variant stuff)

Edit: formatting

Last edited:
yeah i am about to get to the 3rd gym and I am sure i have seen like 4 of those calendar map pic things. but I am one of those people who clicks on everything which means i hit every house too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom