• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! Or maybe, since they’re showing off Eevee in airplanes, its going to be shown in the film primarily riding in its own little plane, and will end up getting into a dogfight with Lugia. The toys will just be Eevee in a little plane with a pilot cap and goggles on.

Alternatively, a temporary “mega” esque form where eevee takes on characteristics from all of the other Eeveelutions to perform an attack version of Evoboost

(just spitballing here, this is mostly jokey speculation)

i saw that you and joe are "thinking" the game will come out this year but it won't be something like gen 8.
do you know anything or it's just speculation?

I'm really curious as well. Would love to get some insight.

I would also like to know the answer to this.

To be honest, I don't like speaking on behalf of Joe - but for me anyway, I don't think any of us should underestimate the value of how well the Pokémon Company and Game Freak can tap into a market. Alolan Forms and Z moves sold so much merchandise, that I think they are massively aware that they could bring these elements in the future, but that is just speculation. From my basic business schedule, I do think a 2018 core series title release is extremely possible, and nothing should be dismissed. [We've at least 4 months of no new merchandise by September.]

Generations are for brand new regions/Pokémon etc, but I think it would be short-sighted to assume that we'll get games in that context. Anything is possible here, which is vague - but I genuinely don't think we should limit ourselves here. Remember: the first Switch Pokémon core series is a monumental release. We're just being careful with limiting ourselves is all it is.

I’m sick of the doomsday plots. We’ve had them every games since gen 3. That was on of te good things about kanto and johto. No doomsday, no using the legendaries. They were just side quests in the games, separate from the villains.
Because of that most of them lack any decent lore or relevance too.

To be honest, I don't like speaking on behalf of Joe - but for me anyway, I don't think any of us should underestimate the value of how well the Pokémon Company and Game Freak can tap into a market. Alolan Forms and Z moves sold so much merchandise, that I think they are massively aware that they could bring these elements in the future, but that is just speculation. From my basic business schedule, I do think a 2018 core series title release is extremely possible, and nothing should be dismissed. [We've at least 4 months of no new merchandise by September.]

Generations are for brand new regions/Pokémon etc, but I think it would be short-sighted to assume that we'll get games in that context. Anything is possible here, which is vague - but I genuinely don't think we should limit ourselves here. Remember: the first Switch Pokémon core series is a monumental release. We're just being careful with limiting ourselves is all it is.
I always think insiders are funny and I'm a hit jealous because even though I too will know what you know in the near future, I'm jealous that I can't be in your shoes.

So you're thinking that the mystery figure is likely Zeraora? I'm confused by what you mean pertaining to that we shouldn't examine this as a new generation. And what do you mean by Eevee? Without getting in to trouble, are there any hubts at all that you could give that could at least garnish decent conversation in this thread?

Mabye we will get a hint at Gen 8's new mechanic before or during the movie
Gamefreak usually doesn't reveal new mechnanics until augest, but z-moves were teased in july

The last Legendary IMO to have decent lore was Necrozma. And I believe it had to do with the fact that it was the "villain" of the story.
Agreed but imo the only cover legendaries with weak lore were the Ge VI ones. So I don't think plot really affects the lore. In fact speaking of it, Gen IV had very strong lore and that's the closest we got to actual doomsday.

Yeah. Gen 2 has amazing lore. Gen 5 too but that’s because it was so important to the plot, and they just did it right period. But most of the time it’s a little here or there about the legendaries and itt doesn’t go much deeper usually. Just basics. And side legendaries are just ignored. I lived the attention the beasts got in gen 2

And Fairy. There's no need for a new type, honestly. There's no overpowered type that needs balancing.
You nailed it with there being no need for a new type. However, I disagree about the last part of your comment. Steel type, and to a lesser extent fairy type, could use some nerfing considering how much they dominate the metagame right now.

A few tweaks here and there can easily fix the type chart instead of creating a whole new type.
* Make Ice resistant to Fairy, Water, Flying and Ground
* Make Bug resistant to fairy (and possibly SE against fairy).
* Increase the distribution of water moves to ice types.

Yeah. Gen 2 has amazing lore. Gen 5 too but that’s because it was so important to the plot, and they just did it right period. But most of the time it’s a little here or there about the legendaries and itt doesn’t go much deeper usually. Just basics. And side legendaries are just ignored. I lived the attention the beasts got in gen 2
I mean compare the Kanto Birds to say the Kami trio and see how they stand.
Even Ho-oh and Lugia to the Cosmic duo.
It speaks volumes about how peripheral they feel.
That's why I wouldn't mind some sort of revisitation to further expand on them in some meaningful way.

I mean compare the Kanto Birds to say the Kami trio and see how they stand.
Even Ho-oh and Lugia to the Cosmic duo.
It speaks volumes about how peripheral they feel.
That's why I wouldn't mind some sort of revisitation to further expand on them in some meaningful way.
Kanto birds had more lore than the Kami trio?? Pretty sure the birds have no in game lore at all.

Man ahhhhhhh

If Z-moves become something that'll get continuously featured in future installments in the same vein as trainer customization, I personally wouldn't be a fan of it. They were my least favorite thing about 7th generation.

I hope if regional variants continue to get featured, we'll see more in the same vein as the Sandshrew and Vulpix lines instead of just the comical ones that a lot of the Alolan forms were like

Inb4 if the new games are set in Kanto, lots of old Kanto pokemon will have new forms/takes on them (variant forms. . ?), with one for Eevee being revealed through the movie

Last edited:
I’m sick of the doomsday plots. We’ve had them every games since gen 3. That was on of te good things about kanto and johto. No doomsday, no using the legendaries. They were just side quests in the games, separate from the villains.

I think you guys are not thinking of BW (1).
The main plot was not doomsday, but instead the liberation of Pokemon, yes it was in a disguise so Ghetsis could rule the world but N was the real threat considering he managed to catch the Legendary dragon and become the hero.
The story was very well written as both the league challenge and team plasma final boss culminate at the same time and places. (Which was so much better than for example XY where you defeat the evil team and everything is good with the world and then... Oh yeah might as well challenge the last gym and beat the league i Guess..)
Bw legendaries had great lore too and the gym leaders and characters in the story actually do stuff outside the gyms and are useful!
XY was such a bummer after BW that it made me not miss gyms at all in alola.

I think you guys are not thinking of BW (1).
The main plot was not doomsday, but instead the liberation of Pokemon, yes it was in a disguise so Ghetsis could rule the world but N was the real threat considering he managed to catch the Legendary dragon and become the hero.
The story was very well written as both the league challenge and team plasma final boss culminate at the same time and places. (Which was so much better than for example XY where you defeat the evil team and everything is good with the world and then... Oh yeah might as well challenge the last gym and beat the league i Guess..)
Bw legendaries had great lore too and the gym leaders and characters in the story actually do stuff outside the gyms and are useful!
XY was such a bummer after BW that it made me not miss gyms at all in alola.
I was stating because most of the older legends lack a tie to the plot, it left them feeling incomplete .
I concur nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom