• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
10-17 of any month. Reputedly, August may be earlier.

Ok at this point I really expect a kanto remake, reason for a remake is to test the new hardware and give them more time to develop gen 8 since a remake takes less resources and time, gen 8 in 2018 has always been a year too early if you look at every gen, new gens release every 3 years not 2.

If that's the case, when can we expect Gen 8 ? The game has been in development for a number of years, believe 2015 is the oldest I've seen with Gamefreak articles but its speculated its even earlier. All that development for a kanto remake seems like a waste tbh, what could they add to make this worthwhile ? We've had a Kanto remake and sequel already, what can this title add that we haven't already experienced ?

If that's the case, when can we expect Gen 8 ? The game has been in development for a number of years, believe 2015 is the oldest I've seen with Gamefreak articles but its speculated its even earlier. All that development for a kanto remake seems like a waste tbh, what could they add to make this worthwhile ? We've had a Kanto remake and sequel already, what can this title add that we haven't already experienced ?
Kanto in 3D? XD

As sequel if you're talking about GSC then I doubt it really counts. The Kanto part of the game had less story than the original RBY. Again I really don't think they would just remake the original games for the third time and call it a day. A 3D Kanto with new areas, pokemon, characters and story has tons of potential.

As sequel if you're talking about GSC then I doubt it really counts. The Kanto part of the game had less story than the original RBY. Again I really don't think they would just remake the original games for the third time and call it a day. A 3D Kanto with new areas, pokemon, characters and story has tons of potential.

I believe officially Gen 2 as a concept was named Pokemon 2 or something initially to finish off pokemon when it was planned to end with Gen 2, GSC is a dedicated sequel to Gen 1 in all regards in this respect as it was initially planned as one. Although not as obvious as BW2. Def agreed that a 3D kanto could deliver much more especially in regards to character and story something early titles didn't really focus on. But this still seems fairly sub par honestly for the length of development time the game has had. As long as they add in some new pokemon or some worthwhile super gimmick to warrant this being a thing.

Don't know much about this guy. Noteworthy? Or just an attention seeker..?

View: https://twitter.com/dark_gymleader/status/979442774037573632?s=19

That image has been passed around before, independent of the guy. I personally find it fascinating that he's still sticking to it when the upload date on the file was five days ago. Five days without the supposed video appearing seems suspicious, no?

This twitter user is definitely just an attention seeker. Some quotes from him:
I say it again this logo is real. Those evidence proving this fake isn't strong enough.
But I still stick to one's guns. This is me against the world. You probably don't know when Gen 7 starter leak, someone claim that they design them too. So I won't accept defeat til official announce

That screenshot is 100% fake. Not because of the names and not because of the logo design. It's fake because the date they have the games coming out is a Saturday. Nintendo never releases games on Saturday. At least not big titles. Pokemon won't be released on a Saturday. It'd be a Friday

That screenshot is 100% fake. Not because of the names and not because of the logo design. It's fake because the date they have the games coming out is a Saturday. Nintendo never releases games on Saturday. At least not big titles. Pokemon won't be released on a Saturday. It'd be a Friday
Why is that actually? You would think the weekend is the best time cause people and kids can drop in on the store when they have no school.

10-17 of any month. Reputedly, August may be earlier.

Correction, 11-14th of every month except August, since the magazine releases on the 15th. August is a special case because of the Japanese festival on August 15, so it usually comes out on August 10/11, so leaks would be 7th-10th (7-9th if releasing on the 10th)

As for reveals, I'm thinking Zeraora on the 5th-7th, then Turbo Eevee (or whatever it's called) just after Corocoro is released, with the direct either around the time of the investor meeting (25th-27th) or early May.

Why is that actually? You would think the weekend is the best time cause people and kids can drop in on the store when they have no school.

Over here in Australia, most game releases are on a Saturday. All major Nintendo games and Pokémon releases specifically are on a Saturday. Believe it’s the same for Japan as well, US and UK on a Friday.

Well, you release Friday and that gives all weekend to get out and get the games.

Also business hours, maybe? I know most stores don't close on the weekend, but there's a rare few that do (mostly small town stores, though) and others have shorter hours on the weekend so... Friday gives you not only three days to get out but one guaranteed full day open for most stores.

X and Y came out on a Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom