• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of the Chinese leaker/tieba rumors recently point towards kanto remakes. Emphasis on the word remakes
Where is the line between reboot and remake? According to others, the games are supposed to have new starters correct? If that's the case, it wouldn't be wrong to assume that it has other new Pokemon as well (regardless of how many). But then it takes place in Kanto (I don't know but that place is mentioned a lot), so there will be old things as well.

So if it's an old region with some new Pokemon scattered here and there (but mostly has the exact same world with a different experience due to new graphics), and has a new battle system with different characters and story, is it a remake, reboot or is it like a rebooted remake?

my favorite predicted titles for the switch games were Pokemon Hopes and Pokemon Dreams

although that's mostly because abbreviated, it'd be Pokemon HD which is fitting hehe

also I'd to add I personally feel that a lot of the remake speculation comes from some of the community feeling that it's too early for the 8th generation to come. I don't really pay attention to aspects of the franchise beyond the games and anime, so for those that are well versed in this, what exactly is preventing us from moving forward in generation (beyond Zeraora announcement)? Legitimately curious

It's hard to judge from the animes pacing, and I don't know anything about the TCG, and until the M21 plot related thing for eevee is shown, we wont know if the movie has anything gen 8 related in it or not, but if the last mythical for gen 7 is shown, then it's expected to have something new shown shortly after? Like in gen 6 but without the gap year? (no gap year would make sense if this game has been in dev longer than most assume)

The only thing preventing generation 8 would be gamefreaks own trepidation in moving forward. understandably, this has got to be an immense amount of pressure for them, the kind of pressure that breaks or makes a diamond, now if Gen 8 is 2019, they will have plenty of time, because time would depressurize this entire situation.

2018 does seem early for a brand new generation will all the bells and whistles associated with a new gen, so if they were to introduce the next games as having minimal "new gen" luster, and more "console polish" with emphasis on enhancing things they have already done, it's because deep down they wanted to play it safe for their first console debut before they role out the luxurious red carpet for the true gen 8 heavy hitter.

Safety. Safety vs bravery is the distinction here.

I'll be honest and say I'm still holding onto my theories that something internal shifted Pokemon from debuting Gen VI on the Wii U, with Black and White originally being 3DS games. I thought that Kalos was a rehashed Wii U game, but if You and Me turn out to be the names, I'm changing my theory to say that these were the original Gen VI concepts and Masuda instead held off. It would explain the names completely. I might even guess that they are simply codenames or artifacts that haven't been updated, but I guess we'll see.

I'll be honest and say I'm still holding onto my theories that something internal shifted Pokemon from debuting Gen VI on the Wii U, with Black and White originally being 3DS games. I thought that Kalos was a rehashed Wii U game, but if You and Me turn out to be the names, I'm changing my theory to say that these were the original Gen VI concepts and Masuda instead held off. It would explain the names completely. I might even guess that they are simply codenames or artifacts that haven't been updated, but I guess we'll see.

Yeah, looking at it as Pokemon U and Mii make it sound like something someone came up with just based on the system. I mean, it's possible this was where Game Freak was taking inspiration from. That could be why we have trainer customization, although I'll scream if a Mii shows up as a trainer instead of just staying as inspiration. But it all seems a bit hokey and slapped together. The only thing that makes me think it could be true is Piuk's weirdly detailed and consistent posts.

This is actually a really valid point, it also explains why many of the current rumours are linking back to leaks in 2014 as well.

Speaking of codenames isn't the codename supposed to be the same as a fangame? Did we ever get a good hint on that? It would help narrow down some rumors.

What happens if the new title is just called Pokémon switch lol. We are making the switch from 3ds to the switch.

We had XY named after the dimensions of the three dimensional aspect with the 3ds and the new look of the art style. Pokémon switch sounds catchy lol

I don't really believe in the "You and Me" rumors as well as other rumors saying we are going to be in Generation 8 this year. All signs in my opinion are pointing at Kanto Remakes and the reason for this is because of Paul Ryan's tweets. He saw something that is coming beyond Zeraora and it has something that furthers his belief in the Pokemon Switch coming in 2018 as well as it not being a new generation but a return to Kanto. Joe Merrick is also adamant we are not getting a new Generation and surely with his friendship with Paul I can see Paul telling him what he saw beyond Zeraora which reinforces Joe's belief in us getting something different from Generation 8 this year. We also have the Chinese riddler talking about Reboot as well as people in the Tieba forums talking about the return of the character Blue and the fact there are a lot of Kanto references in the new games.

As for what we are getting in terms of Kanto I don't know. We do not know if these are sequels or remakes or prequels or maybe even a hard reboot on Kanto but I have a feeling Eevee is going to have a huge role in it. There is the picture of Eevee riding on the character's head and with all the promotion that is happening with Eevee that Paul Ryan is saying is not an evolution but something different tells me something huge will happen to Eevee that will be the new mechanic for these new games. I have a feeling Eevee will be the new starter for these games or at least be received very early on in the game and it will gain something new. Maybe Eevee will gain a new form or something else but for me I feel that Eevee will be able to fuse with other Pokemon to become a new Pokemon. I have a feeling that Eevee will be able to fuse with the Kanto starters to become something new and perhaps it fuses with Pikachu to become Zeraora or an entirely new Pokemon.

Anyway In the end this can all be bullshit but these are my thoughts and this is what I think is going to happen in the future.

What happens if the new title is just called Pokémon switch lol. We are making the switch from 3ds to the switch.

We had XY named after the dimensions of the three dimensional aspect with the 3ds and the new look of the art style. Pokémon switch sounds catchy lol
Doubt it since they're supposed to be dual versions. Not sure how they'd work on a switch but that's not my job.

It is catchy but it's also too....simple?

I don't really believe in the "You and Me" rumors as well as other rumors saying we are going to be in Generation 8 this year. All signs in my opinion are pointing at Kanto Remakes and the reason for this is because of Paul Ryan's tweets. He saw something that is coming beyond Zeraora and it has something that furthers his belief in the Pokemon Switch coming in 2018 as well as it not being a new generation but a return to Kanto. Joe Merrick is also adamant we are not getting a new Generation and surely with his friendship with Paul I can see Paul telling him what he saw beyond Zeraora which reinforces Joe's belief in us getting something different from Generation 8 this year. We also have the Chinese riddler talking about Reboot as well as people in the Tieba forums talking about the return of the character Blue and the fact there are a lot of Kanto references in the new games.

As for what we are getting in terms of Kanto I don't know. We do not know if these are sequels or remakes or prequels or maybe even a hard reboot on Kanto but I have a feeling Eevee is going to have a huge role in it. There is the picture of Eevee riding on the character's head and with all the promotion that is happening with Eevee that Paul Ryan is saying is not an evolution but something different tells me something huge will happen to Eevee that will be the new mechanic for these new games. I have a feeling Eevee will be the new starter for these games or at least be received very early on in the game and it will gain something new. Maybe Eevee will gain a new form or something else but for me, I feel that Eevee will be able to fuse with other Pokemon to become a new Pokemon. I have a feeling that Eevee will be able to fuse with the Kanto starters to become something new and perhaps it fuses with Pikachu to become Zeraora or an entirely new Pokemon.

Anyway, In the end, this can all be bullshit but these are my thoughts and this is what I think is going to happen in the future.

Eevee fusion would make a lot of sense with the games current meta-narrative. Although I really think Unova, and specially Colress, are going to be what leads into that so I'm not 100% sure if it'll happen this gen. Fusion and science seem to be every other generation, but if it is a reboot, then that would fit, too, as Bill could have come quite a way with his work. I wonder if Pokemon will be able to fully talk soon. I noticed Game Freak laid that out while playing Pokemon Emerald last week when a scientist at the Devon Corp. brings up his desire for a device to see Pokemon's dreams as well as a way to communicate with them. The only thing that has me doubting the Kanto game is jot it existing, but rather the timing. It makes a world of sense for it to be the first console game, but I'm wondering about development time. If the leak is real, it almost looks like a very early test engine with old assets to see if a game mechanic is fun. Rare often did this with the N64, using characters from Diddy Kong to test out Jet Force Gemini and the like.

I think piuk is hinting at a Grass elephant starter, a Fire peacock starter, and a water (blobfish?)starter
And a random chameleon that evolves or changes into Grass, Fire,or Water
I AM ALL FOR A FIRE PEACOCK. BRING ON THE FIRE BIRD. I would love a peacock pokemon and having it on fire is only BETTER.

I think piuk is hinting at a Grass elephant starter, a Fire peacock starter, and a water (blobfish?)starter
And a random chameleon that evolves or changes into Grass, Fire,or Water
Maybe isn't A chameleon but there are THREE chameleon Pokemon like the monkeys from gen 5.

BTW I don't see the blobfish in the image, where did you find it?

I think the names are fine when said together as a pair, but it sounds a little bit silly when you invoke the name of one of the version titles on its own in a conversation.

Imagine saying "Wow, I caught a shiny seel inside You! Better send it to Me for some fun!".

Personally I think the titles will actually be Gale and Torrent because of that rumor about the titles having to do with the weather not to mention the Wind Lugia and that picture of the Eevee flying in an airplane with a bunch of clouds outside the window. .

To be fair, saying "I caught a shiny Seel inside Sun! Better send it to Moon for some fun!" sounds just as ridiculous.

Maybe isn't A chameleon but there are THREE chameleon Pokemon like the monkeys from gen 5.

BTW I don't see the blobfish in the image, where did you find it?

There's an anagram that, unscrambled, reads: "water starter is blobfish". Considering they both have dopey faces, it could evolve into an Axolotl, since Water starters are normally semi-aquatic as opposed to deep sea fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom