• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nothing is purely touchscreen, but it can be used for typing (like with nicknames), trading, and box organization. From what I understand, there will be a lot of PC space in this game."

"The goal date for release to manufacture is in September for us. It has shifted in the past however when a little more time is necessary."

"I'm honestly not certain about the real world inspiration. I'm not reminded of anything in particular. The starter brings to mind Spain though."

"Pretty sure it's exactly 100 new."(Pokémon)

"I have no solid story details."

"Pokemon kind of follow in the Pokepelago replacement. Pokeride returns. No idea about the bike."

"I believe the silhouette reveal will be a part of the Zeraora details released on the 12th, yes, but it could be a part of another information release shortly afterwards that repeats the Zeroara information."

(Why would an eeveelution be event based?)"I recall it explained as caused by the power released from the move."

(But after you posted this photo, if you're really where you say you are, you are going to be easily caught, don't you?)"Many people pass through lobby.
(Are you still at work?)Finishing lunch."
Can you link the thread please?

Also, if you haven't read, this leak claims that trading will be removed.
"Trade evolutions still exist. Wonder Trade still exists. GTS still exists. No new trade evolutions are introduced though. No mention of trading in advertisements. Obviously, version exclusives are gone because there's only one version." Trades still exist.
I still think fake. Nothing matches what previous rumors said. Apart from the bull as a fire starter.
Actually,it said something about the legendary coming from an egg IIRC.Plus & Minus was similar.

The leak seems legit except the dual version part. The games will cost $20 more, but I don't think that's a big reason for GF to ditch the idea.

One little nitpick was he said boxartS will be revealed later, although it's only 1 version. Typo or...?

The only way I see trading not being a focus is if trading is cut entirely. It is one of the biggest features of the franchise.

'Not having trading being a focus' could merely mean "only one version, no new Pokemon lines that evolve through trade, maybe old trade-based evolutions aren't in the regional dex, old standbys of wireless, online, GTS, and wonder trade carrying over but no new trading gimmicks or methods being added"

Found the exact location.The angle is different and a few details don't match so he was indeed there.The times he mentioned match too.

Attachments

• 1523304429519.jpg
    1523304429519.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 96
The leak seems legit except the dual version part. The games will cost $20 more, but I don't think that's a big reason for GF to ditch the idea.

One little nitpick was he said boxartS will be revealed later, although it's only 1 version. Typo or...?

They claim there's also one for a collector's edition (and another for China). If dual versions were to be dropped, then this would be a way to make that money back and then some.

I agree. I don't think that dual versions are going anywhere.

I think he said alternate boxart for the game was for special editions and for the Chinese translation, since the legendary has bones on it prominently and China usually censors skeletons in media

EDIT: Oops, sorry about that, didn't see that this was already answered

I don't think they'll ditch dual versions either, as much as I'd like them to- I just don't think its impossible, either.

I really, REALLY can't wait till we have anything substantial to discuss. It feels like without any official news, we don't have anything to go off of except things like what year the games will come out, whether or not the games will be a remake or not, and whether or not there'll be more than one version, which is... kind of exhausting. I appreciate 'leaks' and rumors for giving new information to discuss, but its hard to get too deep into speculating with them without feeling like you're just getting invested in something that's more likely than not to end up being fake.

Last edited:
I'd really love to see a return of starter silhouettes- I don't think we've had them since Gen 5, and the speculation and designs people came up with for what the starters could look like were so much fun. It would also put an end to the 'will there be new Pokemon or not?' argument, unless... you know, people would probably try to argue that the silhouettes could be alternate forms for the Kanto starters, which would also be interesting, so I can't be too upset about that possibility. :ROFLMAO:

The amount of gameplay elements related to battle animations seems rather strange and very unlikely!
At least the way it is written/described seems very overcomplicated. It is true that otherwise the moves each have a single animation per Pokemon, but, how different could other ones be?

I'd really love to see a return of starter silhouettes- I don't think we've had them since Gen 5, and the speculation and designs people came up with for what the starters could look like were so much fun. It would also put an end to the 'will there be new Pokemon or not?' argument, unless... you know, people would probably try to argue that the silhouettes could be alternate forms for the Kanto starters, which would also be interesting, so I can't be too upset about that possibility. :ROFLMAO:
Acorn duck Oshawott is still one of the best things this fandom has ever come up with!

So we know that we are getting news this Thursday cause it’s been confirmed, “this” leak said that the next news will be zeroara distribution and the starter silhouettes so does this mean if it’s true that we will be getting the starter silhouettes this week then with the zeroara distribution details ???
While this leak can be true, guessing the zeraora distribution is not that risky. I mean, what's left to know about it? Its signature move and its distribution. If we won't get both on the 12th then probably corocoro will cover them on the 15th.

I would be fine with this leak turning out factual. Pumped, actually. Very solid leak with a quick timeline. I dig it. We'll know for sure very soon. The move based evolution makes sense, also, as a new gimmick.

Quite honestly, one version is fine by me as long as we get new PKMN, which this leak says. Now I'm curious to know if we will be able to transfer our Gen 7 PKMN to the Switch, and how soon. I have 16 legit, personally bred shiny monsters, and I'll be infuriated if I am not able to get them to Gen 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom