• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still going to believe that there's no way they don't know what year they can get at this point. Someone was either misinformed or it's an outdated material.
Well.. It's pretty outdated at this moment, we could get something clear with the new Investors meeting I suppose...

Isn't that just PokeJungle giving their personal opinion on fan terminology? They're just saying "the games could hypothetically be this and fans could still consider that Gen 8", not really saying that the next games are any more likely to be remakes or reboots.

O
one of the replies under that tweet mentions there's a famous beluga in japan that paints using a palette

all of kanto's towns are named after colors + pallet town

might be a stretch but I thought it was interesting

Oooooo, that's interesting. Now I'm wondering if "Rainbow" Rocket has to do with both Kanto's color theme and with the rainbow theme in Alola.

I'm sorry, I just thought it was really interesting. I've never put much thought into Kanto's color theme or even realized it.

Isn't that just PokeJungle giving their personal opinion on fan terminology? They're just saying "the games could hypothetically be this and fans could still consider that Gen 8", not really saying that the next games are any more likely to be remakes or reboots.
I didn't mean that. I know he is just giving his opinion. What I find funny however is that now a lot of people in the pokemon community have made that statement. No one ever posts or tweets saying: "guys next games can still be gen 8" when people talk about a remake or a reboot but apparently they need to underline that next games could not be gen 8 when people talk about it.

I didn't mean that. I know he is just giving his opinion. What I find funny however is that now a lot of people in the pokemon community have made that statement. No one ever posts or tweets saying: "guys next games can still be gen 8" when people talk about a remake or a reboot but apparently they need to underline that next games could not be gen 8 when people talk about it.

Yeah, as far as webmasters go he's like the 3rd person to insinuate that it won't necessarily be Gen 8 in the traditional sense.

Another thing I've noticed. Is it just me, or have there been a lot of Pokemon webmasters being passive-aggressive towards Pixelpar? This isn't too recently, but it's been in the past month or so. There's a butt-ton of other people on Twitter that are claiming to know information, but yet people like Paul and Joe haven't gone after them. So why Pixelpar of all people?

Can we not post Verlisify's videos please? The guy only wants attention and views as always, you shouldn't really listen to anything he says

I think that before anyone posts YouTube videos that aren't Offical Announcements, they should go through them and make sure that they aren't clickbait and blind speculation, which most of them are, as not waste some people's time, and even still it'd be better to post their sources instead which I imagine would be Tweets or slabs of text from forums or websites, which would be easier to read and investigate.

Yeah, as far as webmasters go he's like the 3rd person to insinuate that it won't necessarily be Gen 8 in the traditional sense.

Another thing I've noticed. Is it just me, or have there been a lot of Pokemon webmasters being passive-aggressive towards Pixelpar? This isn't too recently, but it's been in the past month or so. There's a butt-ton of other people on Twitter that are claiming to know information, but yet people like Paul and Joe haven't gone after them. So why Pixelpar of all people?
Pixelpar seems to have the highest credibility? I see him referenced in this thread more than anyone else so... my best guess there.

For now, saying "not a new generation" is just a way to distinguish the reboot/sequel idea from the normal conventions (new region and mechanics, lack of backwards compatibility). If the games take place in an old region, then the definition may be changed or we'll just settle on 7.5. Officially, it won't matter one bit.

WallflowerCanyon said:
So why Pixelpar of all people?
They also dislike Pokejungle and Joe has gone after lavandula, too. But to be fair, Pixelpar is being annoying with his riddles and the line between what he knows and guesses is deliberately blurry.

iirc it was because pixelpar initially posted the job listings thing which made people go wild on resetera, which Joe frequently posts on. Pixelpar reports on a lot of details that may or may not mean something so Joe usually tries to keep hype levels in check

I think a lot of the webmasters have understandably become overly cautious. It's very difficult to know what is and is not valid information anymore unless it's from an official source. I also believe too much responsibility has been placed on their heads to defuse a situation or even to be right all the time.

i think joe knows more then we think, same with paul.

I think a lot of the webmasters have understandably become overly cautious. It's very difficult to know what is and is not valid information anymore unless it's from an official source. I also believe too much responsibility has been placed on their heads to defuse a situation or even to be right all the time.
The caution I understand, but I think some of them have become overly defensive about what they did or didn't say, too... and that "responsibility" they have feels a bit self-inflicted when it's really not their job to make sure that people don't take their factual information and mince it up into something it's not. If people don't take the words straight from the horse's mouth, then whose fault is that really? Serebii does its part in warning people when translations are still a work in progress, and that's really all that should have to be done.

They might, but I don't believe that it's all that much more than we know. For example, we know Paul gets a look at future merchandise announcements that he can't make public yet, but he's still speculating on the unrevealed eevee thing. I suspect that in regards to whether it's a return to Kanto or a new region, neither of them know what's going on, and that's why the reluctance to say Gen 8- they just don't know what it is for sure, and what they do know just isn't helping.

he more or less confirmed he still received "information" these days on a resetera post.

so I feel like it's likely he must've heard something about the switch game within the past few months. Mainly because it feels like he went full Kanto apologist mode recently

and Paul said on twitter that the interesting thing he saw wasn't related to M21 or eevee, which makes it all the more interesting.

Oh, and as for Pixelpar- the way I see it, that guy is just having fun. It seems that he does get hold of some legit info, but rather than act as an official news source like Joe and Paul, he'd rather just play games with people- and I don't see anything wrong with that? Why be forced to act like a professional and share things straight when it simply isn't his job to? It's like... the difference between being an entertainer and being a journalist, I guess. One you expect to be factual, while the other you just expect to be entertaining. He may be worth keeping tabs on, but only if you're willing to accept that his posts are all in the name of fun.

Oh, and as for Pixelpar- the way I see it, that guy is just having fun. It seems that he does get hold of some legit info, but rather than act as an official news source like Joe and Paul, he'd rather just play games with people- and I don't see anything wrong with that? Why be forced to act like a professional and share things straight when it simply isn't his job to? It's like... the difference between being an entertainer and being a journalist, I guess. One you expect to be factual, while the other you just expect to be entertaining. He may be worth keeping tabs on, but only if you're willing to accept that his posts are all in the name of fun.
I think Pixelpar doesn't believe all the info he gets. I also believe it would be harder for him to get into legal trouble with all the riddles.

I think Pixelpar doesn't believe all the info he gets. I also believe it would be harder for him to get into legal trouble with all the riddles.
He does seem to keep a reasonable level of doubt, and riddles do offer him a degree of protection if they do prove to be true, yeah. =3 He's a smart, fun guy, I find it hard to not like him even a little.

You mean that thing from last month? Because the postcard is apparently plot related much like the "special" Eevee.

I was referring to a few weeks ago when he tweeted those really cryptic merchandise codes and said "check back on April 26th and you'll see what I meant, but I can't discuss it until then", etc etc, that he's since deleted due to not wanting to attract more attention/get in trouble. He referred to it as "something of extreme interest" that wasn't related to the movie, even though one of the codes was the zeraora plush iirc

he mentioned it here again. I'm guessing the postcard will just be Zeraora using plasma fists

paul.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom