• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that leak! It was one that actually sounded kinda believable. Man, that and Alolan Growlithe/Arcanine were things I actually wanted but never got.
Saaaaame. I really liked the cat leak because it really did sound viable.

I didn't have hope for Alolan Growlithe/Arcanine since regular Arcanine was featured in the trailers and on the official website pretty early on. =< But man did I love the designs that people came up with for water arcanine- the wave fur was pretty brilliant and I wish we got it anyway.

The Fire-type Golem I saw looked a heck of a lot better than what we got with Alolan Golem, too.

So as far as new mechanics, this is just something random I've been mulling over, but I want to share it:

Mega evolution required a bond with the Pokemon. Presumably, this involves emotions.

Z moves required Willpower (as stated specifically by the item description: "A mysterious ring that enables Pokémon to use Z-Power. It requires both the willpower and the physical power of the Trainer wearing it.")

Out of the three spirits (represented by Uxie, Azelf, and Mespirit), this leaves just Knowledge. I think gen 8 might introduce a mechanic the requires Knowledge and complete the Trifecta. What this could be though, I have no idea.
I did some digging and I think I found the Japanese Description of the Z-Ring: トレーナーの 気力 体力を 使って ポケモンが Zパワーを 放てるようにする 不思議な腕輪。
Which when using Google Translate it says: A magical bracelet that makes Pokemon release Z power using physical strength of the trainer.
Doesn’t seem to mention Willpower at all, so it seems to just be an addition made by the translation team.

So as far as new mechanics, this is just something random I've been mulling over, but I want to share it:

Mega evolution required a bond with the Pokemon. Presumably, this involves emotions.

Z moves required Willpower (as stated specifically by the item description: "A mysterious ring that enables Pokémon to use Z-Power. It requires both the willpower and the physical power of the Trainer wearing it.")

Out of the three spirits (represented by Uxie, Azelf, and Mespirit), this leaves just Knowledge. I think gen 8 might introduce a mechanic the requires Knowledge and complete the Trifecta. What this could be though, I have no idea.
cat picture with interesting - Google Search
search

I remember the character emoting in XY and ORAS.

well, you're right, rewatching the cutscenes of XY AND ORAS, I realize that the character had more "soul" than the games of Gen 7

What a great idea, I never thought or heard anything about it! It would be very interesting if these mechanics referred to Lake Guardians (let me dream ~0~)

I think that may be a poor translation; 気力 = Kiryoku = Willpower; 体力 = tairyoku = Physical Strength.

Edit: for clarification, Japanese kanji does not always use an "and" but it is implied.

風雨 = Fūu; wind and rain

While I very much doubt that mega evolution and z-moves have anything to do with the Lake Guardians, I think it would be a good idea if they were to go back and further explore the lore of some legendaries just for the sake of world building.

I wanna see a lot of world building in Gen 8- less focus on battle mechanics this time.

From @Minya_Nouvelle's theory, I think he is onto something here...

Mesprit (Emotion) = Gen 6 (Mega Stones) Kalos 'France'.
Azelf (Willpower) = Gen 7 (Z-Moves) Alola 'Hawaii'.
Uxie (Knowledge) = Gen 8 (New special ability) Possibly UK or Greece based Region.

It's a wild shot, but there might be something behind all this that GF is saving for a long time.

Last edited:
This makes me wonder what they are going to make gen 8 Anime will be a follow-up.
I could imagine Sun and Moon will end where it will jump couple years after they defeats Rainbow Event and Ash has a kid with Misty and Brock is happy married to Lily or Grass-grass type Alola girl. Sorry, I didn't watched Sun and Moon anime.

I don't know Gen 8 will do a Harry Potter theme for gen 8's anime,because they already did for Sun and Moon.

Sorry, @SGD already killed it.

The translation provided by SGD is poor. The Japanese does mention willpower; as seen by my above post.

While I very much doubt that mega evolution and z-moves have anything to do with the Lake Guardians, I think it would be a good idea if they were to go back and further explore the lore of some legendaries just for the sake of world building.

I wanna see a lot of world building in Gen 8- less focus on battle mechanics this time.

Not the Lake Guardians, no, but the three aspects of the soul that the Lake Guardians represent. My theory is that the power of Mega Evolution and Z moves are unlocked by different aspects of the trainer's soul.

This makes me wonder what they are going to make gen 8 Anime will be a follow-up.
I could imagine Sun and Moon will end where it will jump couple years after they defeats Rainbow Event and Ash has a kid with Misty and Brock is happy married to Lily or Grass-grass type Alola girl. Sorry, I didn't watched Sun and Moon anime.

I don't know Gen 8 will do a Harry Potter theme for gen 8's anime,because they already did for Sun and Moon.
That was actually the original idea for how the original anime should've ended. From what I've heard somewhere, Ash was to defeat Gary and win the Pokemon League, he would grow up, marry Misty and have children. Then you would focus on their children as they journeyed through Johto. It was only scrapped because if they went down that route, then they would end up losing their mascot, namely Ash and Pikachu.

XD Except we all know that Ash doesn't age.

~moment of reverie~

When the subject arrived in Spain/Portugal, I wondered if something like this would be possible, if so, it would be funny/incredible if the next generation (after that) was based in Central/South America, due to the colonization issues... EX: Latin America/Spain, and Brazil */Portugal:>

*Here in Brazil, we do not consider ourselves Latinos, because we were not colonized by Spaniards, which is strange, because being Latin does not mean having Spanish roots... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PS: Unfortunately many people still think that Brazilians speak Spanish because of this confusion of colonization... I would not be surprised if someone from the forum still thought that XD

PS²: Sorry for the long text, I kind of get excited hehe (#^.^#)

~moment of reverie~

When the subject arrived in Spain/Portugal, I wondered if something like this would be possible, if so, it would be funny/incredible if the next generation (after that) was based in Central/South America, due to the colonization issues... EX: Latin America/Spain, and Brazil */Portugal:>

*Here in Brazil, we do not consider ourselves Latinos, because we were not colonized by Spaniards, which is strange, because being Latin does not mean having Spanish roots... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PS: Unfortunately many people still think that Brazilians speak Spanish because of this confusion of colonization... I would not be surprised if someone from the forum still thought that XD

PS²: Sorry for the long text, I kind of get excited hehe (#^.^#)
Brazil speaks Portuguese.

That was actually the original idea for how the original anime should've ended. From what I've heard somewhere, Ash was to defeat Gary and win the Pokemon League, he would grow up, marry Misty and have children. Then you would focus on their children as they journeyed through Johto. It was only scrapped because if they went down that route, then they would end up losing their mascot, namely Ash and Pikachu.
Yeah, I had heard of it, actually. There's a Manga adaptation of it. In the manga, Jesse and James left Team Rocket and they are happily married, Jesse is pregnant with James' child. I thought it was cute that everyone have got happy endings.

I hope the next games are more attached to tell us a story of the characters and their convictions or to deepen the lore of the legendary poké, and the region...
I would love to know more about the history and myths of the regions of the Pokémon universe

Is easier and doable if the anime advances only a year in the story of Ash or at most leave it more mature as it was in the XY saga

The translation provided by SGD is poor. The Japanese does mention willpower; as seen by my above post.

Not the Lake Guardians, no, but the three aspects of the soul that the Lake Guardians represent. My theory is that the power of Mega Evolution and Z moves are unlocked by different aspects of the trainer's soul.
hope has not died yet hahahah

I hope the next games are more attached to tell us a story of the characters and their convictions or to deepen the lore of the legendary poké, and the region...
I would love to know more about the history and myths of the regions of the Pokémon universe

Is easier and doable if the anime advances only a year in the story of Ash or at most leave it more mature as it was in the XY saga

hope has not died yet hahahah
Which is why the last one, Knowledge could be linked to the UK due to how much Knowledge they have. Especially with history, science and universities, such as Oxford and Cambridge. The same could be said for Greece as well, due to their philosophers such as Plato and such likes, and understandings of the stars.

France is known for their emotions in their art, paintings and architecture, and Hawaii is known for their willpower with their cultures and heritage.

This (Knowledge) Region could be where Cynthia's house is located, cluttered with her research papers on her desk.

You're kind of presuming Mega Evolution to involve emotion and dismissing the "physical strength" part of Z-moves, though... it can't be an intentional pattern on GameFreak's part if you're just inputting one and cutting out half of another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom