• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Okay, So My Cat Is a Stupid Git...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuko

Addicted to Shinies
Reaction score
... who can't tell the difference between a skunk and a stray cat. -_-

There was drama at my house last night. Oh yes, DRAMA.

We had just finished dinner, when we began to smell skunk. It was pretty strong, so we commented on how it must have happened close by. Anyway, I heard my cat, Bother, mewling outside the back door. I let him in, and he was purring and rubbing all over me. I thought he was in one of his rare affectionate moods, so I picked him up and cuddled him.

I gagged. He'd been skunk'd.

Shouting an expletive, I opened the back door and hurled him outside. I then proceeded to strip my shirt off and search the house for any and all cans of tomato juice I could find. The closest thing we had was tomato soup. It'd have to do.

I then spent the next twenty minutes holding my cat by the scruff of his neck outside, and scrubbing him vigorously with tomato soup as he yowled and struggled. I then none-too-gently rinsed him off with the hose. Bear in mind that it was about 45 degrees Fahrenheit while this was going on, (about 25 degrees celcius) and the hose water was freezing cold.

We then quarantined the miserable creature on the front porch and covered all the chairs with old towels. I put his litterbox and food out there and figured that was it; he'd just have to dry off by himself.

But then I had an idea. Ever seen the show Mythbusters? I remembered seeing one episode where they tested a bunch of skunk-smell cures. The one that worked best was actually a home remedy, and not tomato juice either. I looked it up. Baking Soda, Hydrogen Peroxide, and Hand Soap. I got everything together in the right proportions, then I attacked my cat with it. I got him good and soaked, and scrubbed it in right down to his skin. After letting him be miserable for about eight minutes, I took him inside (wrapped up in a towel so that he wouldn't claw me to death) and rinsed him off in the bathtub (I didn't have the heart to hose the poor beast again, lol). Sure enough, after all was said and done, he was a very bedraggled creature, but he didn't smell much like skunk anymore. His face still stinks a bit (he must've gotten sprayed there), but the rest of him smells like lilacs (the smell of the hand soap, lol). I took two showers last night, and one this morning, and I STILL smell like skunk. :( So yeah, my cat is a stupid git.

Your pets ever do anything stupid like that?

(45F = 7C fyi)

our cats don't really do "stupid" stupid stuff, they're just dumb sometimes lol
Thanks, lol. For some reason I thought that the conversion factor for fahrenheit to celcius was only 5/9. xD I was way off.

My cat got into a fight with an oppossum. Guess who lost a chunk of their nose?

My dog has, uh, attempted to root a chair and table leg.

My dog was stupid enough to bite at the heels of a horse. Amazingly, he survived being kicked through the air.

My dog was stupid enough to bite at the heels of a horse. Amazingly, he survived being kicked through the air.

Haha, my cat has also had a unlucky run in with a poisonous snake (a Dugite) but was fortunately not bitten as we took him away before such an opportunity could occur.

Silly cats and their curiosity. >:3
I don't have any personal pet stories, but a friend of my sister cares for a Rottweiler in a substantially large shed. She had called my sister one day asking her to keep company because she had been busy combating a pretty large spider that blocked the only exit in this shed of hers. Her dog was nearby, pacing back and forth unsure what she was doing and unaware as to why she was in such a panic. My sister had decided to place the whole thing on speaker-phone so I could drop in on the situation. After a while we heard "NO NO NO DON'T EAT THAT! IT'S NOT A CHEWTOY! AHHHHH"

So yeah. Dogs like spiders apparently.

my cats do silly stuff such as these 4 examples.

My cat climbed up onto the top of the door and i didnt notice so when i shut the door the catch jumped and landed on my. i almost soiled my self and the cat unsurprisingly landed on its feet no damage done.
My cat also climbed on to the branch of a tree, so i pulled the branch down so my cousin could get it i let go of the branch and the cat ended up in the bushes.
My cat was trying to kill my gold fish and my gold fish jumped out of the water at it and it scared the cat so much it fell in.
My cat climbed the curtains and mum pulled them apartand the cat jumped on to the table knocking over a glass full of coffee.(My family is sooo modern we drinks lattes out of small glass mugs)*sarcasm*
My cat has now been chucked out of the house.

XD What a amazing and interesting tale. Two things my dog has done:

1. Run randomly into walls.
2. Spent a week and a half uprooting the tree in our backgarden.

i got a new "amazing and interesting tale"* that involves very modern (sarcasm) latte glasses and a very expensive cockatail, well not to expensive about 50 pence but you get the drift, too tell.

I was stroking my cat called Innoncence (but i should have called her Guilty) she was gently purring when she jumped over my shoulder and into the house.
"come back Kitty." i called.
She darted past me into the kitchen i ran in to see her walked on the bench her tailed flicked and forth and then it happened she jumped at me like and knagaroo on a pogo-stick her claws dug into my skin and she jumped onto the counter knocking off to of the most expensive (okay they were about 50 pence but two of them makes a £1!) latte glasses you've ever seen. the jumped towards the cage that held my mum's yellow cockatail. she killed it and ate it. Then i grabbed the cat by the scruff (this parts quite nasty) of its neck to it outside to where a big barrel collects rainwater and pushed it under then let it come back up it was still alive but that was the last time it tried to eat a cockatail i instantly went to the pet shop and got a new cockatail and to the store where i got two latte glasses.
luckily mum didn't notice the switch and nothing was hurt. apart from a cockatail and the dignity of a now neurotic cat.
The End.
P.S. Wasn't that a happy story?

Probably one of the dumbest things my cat has ever done was jump into a closed window.
Other than that, between her and my older cat, she doesn't know the difference between "Let's Play!" and "F*** OFF!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom