• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oki Draws Pictures

lol
My drawing hand has unfortunately decided to give out on me again. So in the meantime while I rest, have some very unserious scribbles. (Serious scribbles coming soon)
chess.png

(based on this image)
woop.png

misc 4
This is really just a quick sketch dump to prove I'm still here. I haven't really had the time nor the energy for much else this month, ha.
eevee.png
f2.png
3.png

Was messing around on Drawpile last night and ended up doodling some more guys, still a little unpolished. (Drawpile is the reason for the stark white background and the weird brushes, sorry lol)
The kitty-shaped one is modeled after a big puffy raincloud. I'm not totally sure what type I want the last one to be though, since it was really just born from the idea of "early-gen monster", combined with a desert hairy scorpion. Fighting/Ground, maybe?

Also, I'm aware the concept has been done to death by this point, but @Hawthorn wanted to see my take on a redesigned Dragonite if it was more like Dragonair, so here's my attempt at that too:
dragonite.png
1.png

I haven't really had the time nor the energy for much else this month, ha.
felt... but I always get excited when I see cute Oki art!!
For the love of GOD I have to know more about that little steel electric barbed wire snake. Oh my god I love him so much. He fills me with so much joy. Literally the littlest guy. I am obsessed. Oki your fakemon designs always go so insanely hard jesus wants what you have, you are SERVING!!

And the dragonite redesign!! It's bugged me to no END dragonite looks so different than dratini and dragonair (especially because I have bias to the former two... but you really did it justice. something something nintendo hire this man!!!

Your Garys are always so warm.. you draw him so soft and gentle.. I am healed.

OBSESSED WITH YOUR CHILD SELF'S ART!! Do you think you'll try and redraw them?? I've always wanted to do those redraw memes myself!

gently holds the ice bunny...also omg the barbed wire snake has so much EarthBound energy, I can absolutely see it being annoying with PK Thunder or something lol
your art style is so satisfying, love to see it :giggle:

I'm late to reply as always, but thank you both ever so much <3

OBSESSED WITH YOUR CHILD SELF'S ART!! Do you think you'll try and redraw them?? I've always wanted to do those redraw memes myself!
I might!! To be honest I sketched that above Eevee as a vague redraw of the first one, but I say that hardly counts lol. There's a lot of old stuff in my archives that I'd love to give a second take. Mostly things like this from the early-to-mid-2010s, but I bet there's a few pieces kicking around from just the past few years that I wouldn't mind revisiting! (And you should do some too if the urge ever strikes you! It's a nice way to actually be able to see improvement, and it's very heartening!)

gently holds the ice bunny...also omg the barbed wire snake has so much EarthBound energy, I can absolutely see it being annoying with PK Thunder or something lol
your art style is so satisfying, love to see it :giggle:
Now that you say that, I totally get that vibe hahah. Somehow it's never occurred to me but I probably do have quite a bit of EarthBound and Mother 3 influence deep down in my creature design philosophies, always did love the random enemies and how wacky they'd often get.
Thank you for the kind words! :bulbaLove:

And on another note, I forgot to mention this here even though I did it a while ago, so I'll do it now:

I have manually organized the threadmarks here to be in reverse-chronological order! So this means that now when you click on this handy "Reader mode" button, you'll see all of the art in this thread from newest to oldest, rather than the other way around.
It was kind of bugging me the way that it was before, but now it should be a breeze to scroll through if you ever feel like doing so. :)

misc i lost count
Oh hey, I guess I forgot how to draw for a while. I think I'm back now.

I'm currently participating in this year's Art Fight, so here are the things that I've drawn for forum friends so far!
ferd2 rz.png

These two cuties belong to the one and only @Torchic W. Pip!

Also this is what the painting looked like on the sketch layer and it was making me laugh

wow.png
crys.png

This young lady's designer is our Art Gallery's very own @DawningWinds!

And here's some less polished stuff from last month's terrible bout of art block.
june.png
thunderbolt.png

image.png
10s.png

^ These characters have absolutely nothing in common, except for the fact that I was obsessed with them when I was in high school. So I drew them again from memory for old times' sake.

fngkdf.png

Oh hey, I guess I forgot how to draw for a while. I think I'm back now.

I'm currently participating in this year's Art Fight, so here are the things that I've drawn for forum friends so far!
1s.png

These two cuties belong to the one and only @Torchic W. Pip!

Also this is what the painting looked like on the sketch layer and it was making me laugh

wow.png
2s.png

This young lady's designer is our Art Gallery's very own @DawningWinds!

And here's some less polished stuff from last month's terrible bout of art block.
june.png
trustfall.png

boredom.png

image.png
thunderbolt.png

image.png
10s.png

^ These characters have absolutely nothing in common, except for the fact that I was obsessed with them when I was in high school. So I drew them again from memory for old times' sake.

image.png
These look great! You’re such a talented artist.
This art gives me late 2000s-early 2010s vibes and I like it
Whoa, I smell a Puyo Puyo fan- I like Puyo Puyo, too!

imite / shipweek days 1-5
you guys are all so nice, thank you :bulbaLove:

Time to throw some more art at the wall and see what sticks:
dupli.png

I had no goal in mind with this, I was out of practice and needed to do a warm-up.
The outfit is just what I wore last weekend...

Also, I heard through the Art Gallery grape vine that Pokémon Ship Week is a thing...? I really wanted to draw my top 7 faves for it.
But I also found out a bit late that this was happening, so I ended up rushing through the last five days of prompts to catch up lol.
coldcoffee.png
pallet.png
poke.png
timepro.png

When Journeys was still in the middle of airing, I had this AU/theory wherein Tokio's real reason for seeking Celebi was because he'd been mistakenly displaced from his own time.
He'd have to go back eventually...
sstep.png

You should throw stuff at the wall more often, haha. I especially like your unique take on Duplica, a character that always deserves some love (along with a certain other Copycat… one day!?). It’s not what I’d normally expect to see when I think of Duplica, but you do have a real knack for turning the unexpected into genius, I think. It’s something that you should really cherish as a gift, Orchid!

This is all almost like portfolio of everything that you’re capable of, actually. Which is a lot, haha! Seriously, have you considered creating a portfolio and presenting it to someone? I don’t know what your career plans are, but I’m sure that someone would really appreciate your talents, if you know what I mean…

…or you can just save your talents for true art like this. No pressure, haha. We’ll be behind you either way!

shipweek days 6-7 / eeveelutions pt. 2
Final two days of Ship Week stuff:
contest.png
copy.png

August hasn't actually been all that bad here. Not that I'd want that kind of summer heat...

And here's more fake Eeveelutions, with some unlikely types.
ev2.png

Eonneon (Evoluceon)
Type: Normal / Ability: Fur Coat, Adaptability, Scrappy
"The true evolution of Eevee when in a safe and controlled environment, protected from any factors that would cause its DNA to drastically alter itself."
"Researchers theorize that Eevee could evolve into this Pokémon in the wild organically if it managed to live an extremely long time."

Enigmeon (Uncanneon)
Type: ??? / Ability: Cacophony
"A deeply unnatural evolution that was born when an Eevee struggled to adapt to the conditions it was exposed to."
"Not much is yet understood about this Pokémon. It will give you a feeling of vertigo if you maintain its strange gaze."

Oki's 4koma are always nice to see... would he ever consider making a series or something in the future of his own? (The Evoluceon design seems like a natural step up from Eevee honestly, nice job!!)
I would like to! I like making comics/4koma but they always take me longer than I expect... I worry I wouldn't have the time or energy for an ongoing series. I've very strongly considered it though! (And I'm happy you think so, that means it's close to what I was aiming for :bulbaLove: )

Back
Top Bottom