• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah, they are DONE with the Orange Islands. All they were was busy work to kill time between Generations 1 & 2 after the plan to end the Show was scrapped. Oh sure, some significant events happened, but they were few, far in between, and even then they didn't leave much of an impact.
Ash caught Snorlax in the Orange Islands and he earned Charizard's respect in the Orange Islands, and those 2 Pokémon did do great things for Ash. Those 2 Pokémon even defeated 5 of Gary's 6 Pokémon at the Johto League, giving Ash fist first (and to this day only) win over Gary in a Pokémon battle... Both were instrumental to defeat Claire and win the 8th Johto badge. And both were important at the Battle Frontier. Snorlax also scored some wins in the Sinnoh League. I wouldn't say the Orange Islands didn't leave much of an impact. It had more impact on future events in other regions than some other arcs.

The idea that the Orange Islands didn't leave much of an impact is rather strange considering a lot of important events happened during that arc. It was meant as just to give them time before G/S could come out, but Charizard listening to Ash, Snorlax being captured, Ash winning his first League and getting the first full battle in the anime are still pretty important. Granted, they haven't acknowledged the Orange Island League, or the area itself for that matter, in ages, but the arc still had a long lasting impact on the anime.

I remember thinking that Professor Oak's Rotom was going to be Ash's Rotom Dex in SM, but I don't think it's even been mentioned since somewhere around XY. Aside from giving Professor Oak his own gag Pokemon, I'm not really sure what was the point of giving him a Rotom was.

The idea that the Orange Islands didn't leave much of an impact is rather strange considering a lot of important events happened during that arc. It was meant as just to give them time before G/S could come out, but Charizard listening to Ash, Snorlax being captured, Ash winning his first League and getting the first full battle in the anime are still pretty important. Granted, they haven't acknowledged the Orange Island League, or the area itself for that matter, in ages, but the arc still had a long lasting impact on the anime.

I remember thinking that Professor Oak's Rotom was going to be Ash's Rotom Dex in SM, but I don't think it's even been mentioned since somewhere around XY. Aside from giving Professor Oak his own gag Pokemon, I'm not really sure what was the point of giving him a Rotom was.
Not that it was a big scene, and it was in a shot almost all of Ash former travels (and achievements) were shown, but the winners trophy of the Orange League was shown in the second episode of Journeys. So at least a (very) small acknowledgement for the Orange League and the Orange Islands.

Hey, I said SOME significant events happened.

I hope we seen old characters soon

I rather see Galar characters. Its a crime we are 1.5 years in and so far we only have seen Sonia, Leon, Raihan, Bea, Rose and Oleana (Yeah, i don't count Magnolia and Opal, since it was just a mere cameo than anything else), and Rose, Oleana and Sonia only showed up because plot demanded it during the 4-parter. Its especially jarring we haven't seen Piers and Kabu yet, especially since according to the games, both would be E4 level trainers in other regions.

Last edited:
I rather see Galar characters. Its a crime we are 1.5 years in and so far we only have seen Sonia, Leon, Raihan, Bea, Rose and Oleana (Yeah, i don't count Magnolia and Opal, since it was just a mere cameo than anything else), and Rose, Oleana and Sonia only showed up because plot demanded it during the 4-parter. Its especially jarring we haven't seen Piers and Kabu yet, especially since according to the games, both would be E4 level trainers in other regions.
Man, Galar was done so dirty in this series.

Honestly, at this point, I think Unova was better represented in the anime, and that's alarming to me.

Journeys isn't over yet.

While that's true, I'm not sure how much attention they could reasonably give to Galar at this point. Ideally, they'll have Ash battle against the Galar Gym Leaders later on in the PWT, but even that's hoping for too much. I doubt that we'll see any of the rivals and I don't think that they've been to Galar since the Galarian Ponyta episode. They hopefully won't ignore Galar, but I don't know how much attention they'll give the region and its characters at this rate.

Man, Galar was done so dirty in this series.

Honestly, at this point, I think Unova was better represented in the anime, and that's alarming to me.
Of course it was. It’s not really surprising or alarming to me. One was the singular setting for the entire series while the other is shared with seven other regions.

I do agree it got shafted. For this kind of world-travel series to be a thing, I suppose one region had to get the short end of the stick. Personally, I’m still glad they tried this over the traditional formula. But I hope Galar gets more love soon.

Yeah, they are DONE with the Orange Islands. All they were was busy work to kill time between Generations 1 & 2 after the plan to end the Show was scrapped. Oh sure, some significant events happened, but they were few, far in between, and even then they didn't leave much of an impact.
Ash can be considered a "good trainer" Thanks to OI events, where he stopped being a rookie

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom