• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just don't see May, Max, and Serena coming back. May would require a new VA, Max can't return unless Ash is going to battle Norman in the PWC, and Serena's return would be very awkward for shipping reasons.

I just don't see May, Max, and Serena coming back. May would require a new VA, Max can't return unless Ash is going to battle Norman in the PWC, and Serena's return would be very awkward for shipping reasons.
We can have the same scenario of Dawn with Serena by introducing the Aura Trio and the return of Ash's Greninja.

WOAH welcome back Dawn! It's funny, the one time I actually wasn't expecting to see you, you show up out of nowhere!

64cf3fa91ef36806ca8d7ea75363b3597683f688.jpg

The JN art style looks really great on her. This frame is adorable. :bulbaLove:

Since Matori is also returning, she seems like to have taken a role that previously belonged to Butch and Cassidy, and because of this I doubt they will show up again as long as she is around. Even though it's worth remembering that technically all of them appearead in the same series, as Matori debuted in the last episode of DP.

None of those sound like deal breakers to me. Getting a new voice actress for May when she'd most likely be around for just a couple of episodes at most doesn't sound like a problem. As I've said before, replacing voice actors in Japan isn't as uncommon as you might think it is. While I don't think that Ash is going to battle Norman for the PWC, they could just run into Max while traveling to Hoenn. Although, they could just give him a silent cameo like they've done with Tracey and Cilan. Serena's return being awkward for shipping reasons sounds really strange to me. I don't think that they'll have to address their kiss or that the shipping prevents her from returning.

Anyway, I am so happy about Dawn's return. I've been hoping that she had a chance to come back with BD/SP and Legends Arceus, but this was still such a nice surprise to wake up to. I love that she's going to meet Chloe. Not only because I like Chloe and she desperately needs more screentime, but they might have some nice character interactions and maybe that could help Chloe figure out her goal. There is a shot during the preview where Dawn is dressed up in a different outfit, which might mean that we could see a Contest or at least a Contest appeal for the first time in ages. I know that the focus is on Darkrai and Cressila, but I'd love to get even a little bit of Contests in the anime again.

I also like Dawn's new design. She looks cute in the promotional poster and she looks great in the preview as well. I hope that we get some insight as to what she has been up to since BW. I'm not sure if she'll have any changes to her team. A Typhlosion would be cool, if only because it has so few appearances in the anime as it is. They may just focus on Piplup for marketing reasons, which I'd be okay with. It is easily the most popular of the Sinnoh starters.

None of those sound like deal breakers to me. Getting a new voice actress for May when she'd most likely be around for just a couple of episodes at most doesn't sound like a problem. As I've said before, replacing voice actors in Japan isn't as uncommon as you might think it is. While I don't think that Ash is going to battle Norman for the PWC, they could just run into Max while traveling to Hoenn. Although, they could just give him a silent cameo like they've done with Tracey and Cilan. Serena's return being awkward for shipping reasons sounds really strange to me. I don't think that they'll have to address their kiss or that the shipping prevents her from returning.

Anyway, I am so happy about Dawn's return. I've been hoping that she had a chance to come back with BD/SP and Legends Arceus, but this was still such a nice surprise to wake up to. I love that she's going to meet Chloe. Not only because I like Chloe and she desperately needs more screentime, but they might have some nice character interactions and maybe that could help Chloe figure out her goal. There is a shot during the preview where Dawn is dressed up in a different outfit, which might mean that we could see a Contest or at least a Contest appeal for the first time in ages. I know that the focus is on Darkrai and Cressila, but I'd love to get even a little bit of Contests in the anime again.

I also like Dawn's new design. She looks cute in the promotional poster and she looks great in the preview as well. I hope that we get some insight as to what she has been up to since BW. I'm not sure if she'll have any changes to her team. A Typhlosion would be cool, if only because it has so few appearances in the anime as it is. They may just focus on Piplup for marketing reasons, which I'd be okay with. It is easily the most popular of the Sinnoh starters.
Max is stuck in one location: Petalburg City. Ash has no reason to go there unless he wants to battle Norman as part of the PWC.

I was fully expecting it sooner or later, and this is even sooner than I thought, but I'm still very happy to have Dawn back :')
Especially since she wasn't spoiled in advance like the Alola kids, Iris, and Gary)

As a bonus, she's bringing the Matori Matrix with her! (though Matori's no Hunter J)

Let's hope some grown-ups show up to help ;)

Max is stuck in one location: Petalburg City. Ash has no reason to go there unless he wants to battle Norman as part of the PWC.

There IS that Slaking in that magazine spread for upcoming episodes. Though that could mean a lot of things :unsure:

Though why can't Max leave Petalburg???

I was fully expecting it sooner or later, and this is even sooner than I thought, but I'm still very happy to have Dawn back :')
Especially since she wasn't spoiled in advance like the Alola kids, Iris, and Gary)

As a bonus, she's bringing the Matori Matrix with her! (though Matori's no Hunter J)

Let's hope some grown-ups show up to help ;)

There IS that Slaking in that magazine spread for upcoming episodes. Though that could mean a lot of things :unsure:

Though why can't Max leave Petalburg???
Because he's 7 and can't go on a Pokemon Journey.

Because he's 7 and can't go on a Pokemon Journey.
So? That doesn't mean he can't go to other places (preferably with supervision of course). There are other reasons to travel besides Pokemon journeys ya know.

I don't think he could only go to Petalburg City if he wants to battle Norman. I wouldn't say that Max is stuck in one location. He could easily go with Norman on a trip or something like that and they can run into Ash. Admittedly, I don't think that Max is high on the list of returning characters to begin with, but it isn't impossible for the writers to find a way to bring him back if they want to do so. He wouldn't be old enough to start on his own journey, but that doesn't mean he can never leave Petalburg City again.

So.. i just noticed Dawn has a new coordinators outfit. What if she has done this because she has achieved her dream become Top Coordinator. I can see Journeys doing this, considering they made Iris a Champion, so maybe they are wrapping up the storylines of the travel companions (Which means Brock is most likely gonna appear as a full fledged Pokemon Doctor and Cilan as the top whateverhedoes and maybe Misty has entered the PWC in order to defeat every Water type Gym Leader, Champion and E4 member to become the Best Water type trainer ever).

Guess who's back!

If we are planning that Dawn will reunite Ash, Goh and Chloe as teams and as main characters again. What will we do?
Nah! Don't worry me, we are not going to think that Dawn will reunite Ash, Goh and Chloe, nor main characters again, nor do they have anything to think about all the next episodes.
Only that it appears in the following more openings as a guide to the finish.

The interesting thing about that poster is that Dawn and Chloe are at the front, while Ash and Goh are in the back. I think the Darkrai episode will focus more on Dawn and the conflict with Team Rocket and the second episode will focus more on Chloe and Cresselia and the climax of the Team Rocket conflict. I wouldn't mind it personally if this is the case, since Ash, but especially Goh, have gotten enough focus compared to Chloe.

So.. i just noticed Dawn has a new coordinators outfit. What if she has done this because she has achieved her dream become Top Coordinator. I can see Journeys doing this, considering they made Iris a Champion, so maybe they are wrapping up the storylines of the travel companions (Which means Brock is most likely gonna appear as a full fledged Pokemon Doctor and Cilan as the top whateverhedoes and maybe Misty has entered the PWC in order to defeat every Water type Gym Leader, Champion and E4 member to become the Best Water type trainer ever).
I'm not sure if I could see them making Dawn a Top Coordinator, but I'd be much more okay with that than Unova Champion Iris. Honestly, the outfit just made me think of Coordinators dressing up for DP Contests more than anything else.

I'm not sure if I could see them making Dawn a Top Coordinator, but I'd be much more okay with that than Unova Champion Iris. Honestly, the outfit just made me think of Coordinators dressing up for DP Contests more than anything else.

Yeah, but she already had an outfit for that though, so whats the point in changing it, if it isn't anything major. I'm not gonna complain if i am wrong though, since Dawn returning is already a big deal in itself.

Yeah, but she already had an outfit for that though, so whats the point in changing it, if it isn't anything major. I'm not gonna complain if i am wrong though, since Dawn returning is already a big deal in itself.
They may have wanted to just give her a new outfit for Contests. It doesn't necessarily mean anything major.

Misty and Brock return would be overkill. 3 x in 5 years...
We've already have that in the previous series. What the point of having them in this series? Misty and Brock owning Goh with their OP Pokemon Mega Evolution? No thanks.

Sorry, but I find arguments/reasonings like this to be totally pointless. Why would you not want certain characters to appear when there's the possibility of seeing literally all of them? I'm thrilled with the amount of characters Journeys has brought back thus far, especially since some we haven't seen in a long time, but I would absolutely end up disappointed if they left some out. I don't care how many times they've appeared before, or if it was more recent than other characters. This is their golden opportunity to bring everyone back, to have them all featured in the same series, so if they don't take advantage of it, then it's honestly a waste.

As for Dawn: I was shocked and super excited to see that poster this morning! And, just like Iris, I LOVE her Journeys design! The slight changes to match her game design better are noticeable without being jarring and I quite like them.

Also, that Contest outfit of hers might be the nicest one yet. I know we haven't seen the whole thing, but I didn't love her original dresses (which is saying something since I love pink!) and this one just looks so different...more mature, even. Also very reminiscent of Iris' champion outfit in that respect. And the thought of seeing Contests again, even if it's just a flashback, sounds so exciting! I've really missed them, and I would really love to see Chloe show some curiosity about them and have Dawn show her the basics.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom