• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Older Games Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Simple Questions (Merged with Pokemon Master List)

This section is appropriate enough for her question, IMO. It deals primarily with a Gen III game, and may not even be due to its direct interaction with Ss... it could be the DS unit, or any number of things.

As for the topic at hand, by the nature of the problem, I'm assuming it's just happened to you once? I mean, unless you had a backup of the save and the ability to restore it back to the cartridge, it can only get erased once, right?

When you did try it, were you able to migrate the Sapphire Pokemon to Ss before the save was wiped? If not, did Ss even recognize the Sapphire cartridge in your GBA slot and give you the option to migrate?

No, it didn't give me the option to migrate. . . I had 6 random crappy pokemon in my party, one in the box on Sapphire, then I turned off the DS after saving on Sapphire, inserted SS, kept sapphire in, turned it on. SS loaded up, no option to migrate. Talked to the pal park guy and he said that i didn't have enough pokemon and that I should migrate some over. Normally he says I dont have a GBA cartridge in the game. So im thinking it registers. . . I dont know why it deletes the game. I will fiddle around with it some more to get more information if you like.

Soul Silver was purchased in Australia, DS bought in Australia too, Sapphire was purchased from America. . . does that matter?

The game plays properly, just like the original. So im fairly certain its legitimate.

No, it didn't give me the option to migrate. . . I had 6 random crappy pokemon in my party, one in the box on Sapphire

You only have 1 Pokemon in your PC on Sapphire? That's probably why, then. You need at least 6 Pokemon in the PC storage system to migrate... migration is always 6 at a time.

You only have 1 Pokemon in your PC on Sapphire? That's probably why, then. You need at least 6 Pokemon in the PC storage system to migrate... migration is always 6 at a time.

tried that and nothing . . . I just checked the other two games I had, which was ruby and fire red and it wipes those save games as well. . . :(

tried that and nothing . . . I just checked the other two games I had, which was ruby and fire red and it wipes those save games as well. . . :(

Wipes them as in the save is totally gone, and you can't even continue anymore?

Wipes them as in the save is totally gone, and you can't even continue anymore?

Yep. Completely wipes the game so I have to start a new one. Its only on the GBA games though. My SS game is still ok *phew*

Yep. Completely wipes the game so I have to start a new one. Its only on the GBA games though. My SS game is still ok *phew*

Well, that definitely isn't something real games should be doing. Where exactly did you buy each game? You said Ss came from Australia and Sapphire from the US... what about Ruby and FireRed? And was each of them bought at a legitimate, major electronics or gaming store? Did you buy all 3 of the GBA games at the same time, from the same place? And did Ss come with a Pokewalker?

Well, that definitely isn't something real games should be doing. Where exactly did you buy each game? You said Ss came from Australia and Sapphire from the US... what about Ruby and FireRed? And was each of them bought at a legitimate, major electronics or gaming store? Did you buy all 3 of the GBA games at the same time, from the same place? And did Ss come with a Pokewalker?

The three GBA games came from a friend of mine. She bought em off eBay awhile back, she never used them with pal park. She just liked to play them and they are in pretty good condition. The game works fine. I can save it and play it and everything, just not Pal Park, which was the whole reason I got em for.

All GBA's are US, and my SS is from EBGames. It came with the Pokewalker :)

The three GBA games came from a friend of mine. She bought em off eBay awhile back, she never used them with pal park. She just liked to play them and they are in pretty good condition. The game works fine. I can save it and play it and everything, just not Pal Park, which was the whole reason I got em for.

All GBA's are US, and my SS is from EBGames. It came with the Pokewalker :)

Sounds as if the GBA games are the likely culprits. There are more fake GBA Pokemon cartridges on eBay than real ones, a lot of the time. They usually tend to be very cheap, and all use SRAM for the save data instead of the Flash memory that real cartridges uses. Since the save area of a fake GBA cartridge doesn't match the specifications that DS games are programmed with in order to use the migration feature, Pal Park won't work... and could potentially corrupt the SRAM memory in the process, rendering it useless and forcing you to restart.

Sounds as if the GBA games are the likely culprits. There are more fake GBA Pokemon cartridges on eBay than real ones, a lot of the time. They usually tend to be very cheap, and all use SRAM for the save data instead of the Flash memory that real cartridges uses. Since the save area of a fake GBA cartridge doesn't match the specifications that DS games are programmed with in order to use the migration feature, Pal Park won't work... and could potentially corrupt the SRAM memory in the process, rendering it useless and forcing you to restart.

Ok . . . thank you :) . . . I will see if I can get my hands on some legitimate ones. Its very hard though as I haven't seen any in stores for a very long time.

Okay, question. Well, conundrum, really.

I'm trying to get my Milotic from Emerald onto HG but to use Pal Park you can't have any Pokemon with an HM move (it has Surf). So I tried to delete Surf via the Move Deleter, and he said that Milotic "doesn't seem to want to forget the move."

I dun' get it. =/

I used a PP Max or a couple PP Ups (can't remember which) on Surf at one point and now it has 21 PP. Does that have anything to do with it?

If there's no solution, looks like I've gotta go breed the friggin thing again...

I'm trying to get my Milotic from Emerald onto HG but to use Pal Park you can't have any Pokemon with an HM move (it has Surf). So I tried to delete Surf via the Move Deleter, and he said that Milotic "doesn't seem to want to forget the move."

I dun' get it. =/

I used a PP Max or a couple PP Ups (can't remember which) on Surf at one point and now it has 21 PP. Does that have anything to do with it?

If there's no solution, looks like I've gotta go breed the friggin thing again...

Is surf the only move it knows, you cannot delete the last move a pokemon has? If it is the last move teach it another one and then make it forget surf.

I dun' get it. =/

If your Milotic is the only Pokémon in that game that knows Surf, it won't let you get rid of it. Just catch a Pokémon that can learn Surf and teach it Surf. Then try to delete Milotic's Surf.

That is bizarre.

But it worked! =D Thank you! You have saved me from hours of breeding that I did not want to do.

Static (ability) + Spark (move) paralysis chance stacking?

If a Pokémon has the Static ability, which has a 30% chance to cause paralysis on contact, it can happen whether the Pokémon attacks another or if another Pokémon attacks it, correct? So, with a move like Spark, which has its own 30% chance to paralyze the foe and also makes contact, does its paralysis chance stack with the Static ability?

Example: Electrike uses Spark on its opponent, Rattata. It has a 30% chance of paralyzing Rattata by using Spark, and a 30% chance of paralyzing Rattata because it made contact and has the ability, Static. Does that mean there's a 60% chance of paralysis?

Re: Static (ability) + Spark (move) paralysis chance stacking?

If a Pokémon has the Static ability, which has a 30% chance to cause paralysis on contact, it can happen whether the Pokémon attacks another or if another Pokémon attacks it, correct? So, with a move like Spark, which has its own 30% chance to paralyze the foe and also makes contact, does its paralysis chance stack with the Static ability?

Example: Electrike uses Spark on its opponent, Rattata. It has a 30% chance of paralyzing Rattata by using Spark, and a 30% chance of paralyzing Rattata because it made contact and has the ability, Static. Does that mean there's a 60% chance of paralysis?

SIMPLE QUESTIONS THREAD!

Also, I don't think it does, but it's worth waiting for somebody else.

Static only has a 30% chance of paralysis when the Pokémon with Static is hit by a move that makes contact.

Sorry, this is not Mega Man Star Force 3, you can not Parahax. This is Pokemon and you must get hit if you want to completely f--- the other guy over.

*nods*

As Spiny said, this is a better Simple Questions/Simple Answers post.

pokemon stadium 2 minigame question..

do minigames in pokemon stadium 2 increase the happiness of pokemon used? I mean, it cant be a coicidence that all the happiness evolving pokemon have their own minigame...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom