• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Older Games Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roselia? I guess, but I'd make sure it knows some psychic/dark/ghost/poison moves, if it learns any decent ones that is.

Here's my question: How do you evolve on the first Mystery Dungeon? 'Cause I'm a Cyndaquil on that game and I didn't evolve at level 14. I looked on Bulbapedia but it said nothing about this, so I'm asking here.

Here's my question: How do you evolve on the first Mystery Dungeon? 'Cause I'm a Cyndaquil on that game and I didn't evolve at level 14. I looked on Bulbapedia but it said nothing about this, so I'm asking here.

After you beat the game, the option to evolve becomes available if you meet the requirements. There's a place called Luminous Cave you can go if you're at the right level, ect.

Just make sure that the nature of your ponyta doesn't take away from it's physical attack, as that's where it's power lies.

After you beat the game, the option to evolve becomes available if you meet the requirements. There's a place called Luminous Cave you can go if you're at the right level, ect.
Aww, I need to wait until THAT long? Damn...

Another tip: As a general rule of thumb, you only need one damage-dealing attack per type. Having, say, Thunder and Thunderbolt on a Pikachu is pointless and takes a moveslot away from another move that could cover its weaknesses or deal at least normal damage to more types of opponents.

I was playing through firered and wondered what was the best pokemon ingmae you could get, to teach the various moves that move tutors can teach like metrenome or seismic toss?

Also, I have not tried, but does the games wirless cabibilities work on a DS? Or do you need the GBA with wireless adaptor?

Last edited:
I'm just getting into Pokemon breeding, and a question occurred to me...

Can Egg Moves be overwritten while in the daycare? Right now I have two Mawile in the daycare, the male of which knows Swords Dance, which he inherited from his father, an Absol. While I'm riding up and down, hatching Mawile babies, he's slowly gaining levels while bsuily producing more eggs. In previous generations, I recall getting Pokemon back from the daycare and finding they'd lost an old move, replaced by a new one they'd learned after leveling up. So will I have to keep checking my male Mawile to make sure he still knows Swords Dance, or will the game automatically protect that move?

I am not sure about your breeding problem, but if your pokemon did lose a move if it got replaced, could th move tutor not reteach the pokemon the move?

Anyway I have one question... in FR/LG is there anywhere to plant berries or can you not do this in these games?

I don't believe so - I don't remember any patches for berries, plus FR and LG don't keep track of the time, which is necessary for growing them.

Regarding my question - yes I could, but it might mean a lot of wasted time if my Mawile had learned a new move without my knowledge and then produced a lot of Swords Dance-less eggs in the meantime ^_^

Can Egg Moves be overwritten while in the daycare? Right now I have two Mawile in the daycare, the male of which knows Swords Dance, which he inherited from his father, an Absol. While I'm riding up and down, hatching Mawile babies, he's slowly gaining levels while bsuily producing more eggs. In previous generations, I recall getting Pokemon back from the daycare and finding they'd lost an old move, replaced by a new one they'd learned after leveling up. So will I have to keep checking my male Mawile to make sure he still knows Swords Dance, or will the game automatically protect that move?

Egg moves can get over-written in the daycare. So you will have to keep an eye on your Mawile so it doesn't lose Swords Dance.

Anyway I have one question... in FR/LG is there anywhere to plant berries or can you not do this in these games?

There is no place where you can plant berries in FR/LG. But you can go into the Berry Forest and find berries hidden underground.

Oh joy! Breeding questions! I have the answers you seek!

All egg moves, all moves in general can get bumped off the known move list while in the daycare, for any generation. Use the Wikipedia to know when the pokemon is suppose get a new move, take it out before hand, each step = one exp so plan accordingly, and level it up on via wild battle. You will keep all the moves you want and still be able to get the eggs you want!

I am not sure about your breeding problem, but if your pokemon did lose a move if it got replaced, could th move tutor not reteach the pokemon the move?

Egg moves will NEVER be relearned with the move tutor. Same thing with TMs that get lost be accident.

FR/LG has no berry spots to plant berries. Sucky I know, but berries really didn't have much use other than free heals in these two games.

Another tip: As a general rule of thumb, you only need one damage-dealing attack per type. Having, say, Thunder and Thunderbolt on a Pikachu is pointless and takes a moveslot away from another move that could cover its weaknesses or deal at least normal damage to more types of opponents.

I trained Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thundershock and Thunder Wave to my Pikachu :p

^Yeah, you don't really want to do that. If your Pikachu has Thunderbolt, why would you ever use Thundershock?

(Thunder and Thunder Wave are a little different though).

I'm back with another Mystery Dungeon question. After Wigglytuff says that it'll look up about a friend area, how long does it take for the friend area to become buyable?

Is Shuckle able to turn Oran Berries into Berry Juice, and then the Berry Juice into a Rare Candy? It could do this with the Generation II equivalent of the Oran, the Berry, but is this possible in future generations, and if so, HOW?!

What are some good pokemon to use with Hidden Power/Secret Power?
Every pokémon that's a special attacker is a good chioce for hidden power. It does depend on the type (and power) of the hidden power if it's usefull however.

Hi guys,
You know the wi-fi missions on Ranger 2, how often can you play them? Like how many times can you do them? Is it once per game start or is it once you have finished and if you start again you will no longer be able to do this? Unless you download it again? 'Cus if the wi-fi event is only available for a short time (like it is) then it seems to me that you are very limited as to how many times you can get Manaphy, Riolu and Darkrai?
Once you've downloaded them from the ranger net, you have them for as long as you don't reset your game. You can then play the missions as much as you want, although you can only send over the special pokemon (manaphy egg, riolu and darkrai) once.

I'm back with another Mystery Dungeon question. After Wigglytuff says that it'll look up about a friend area, how long does it take for the friend area to become buyable?
After you have beaten Rayquaza every friend area should be available.

Is Shuckle able to turn Oran Berries into Berry Juice, and then the Berry Juice into a Rare Candy? It could do this with the Generation II equivalent of the Oran, the Berry, but is this possible in future generations, and if so, HOW?!
No, you can't do that in the later generations. Sorry

Right now, I've just gotten back from Mt. Freeze. How much longer until I can fight Rayquaza?

I can't remember it that well, it was two years ago that I played the game. But I think you now have to go beat groudon, and afterwards you have to go to Rayquaza. But I'm not sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom