• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Older Games Trainer's Travelog

Well I'm quite happy!
I'm working on an all Poison type competative team in my Pearl version, and I have all of the members bred except for one that I'm starting over on, and I'm working on finalizing thier movesets and leveling them up. My current project has been Skuntank, which is my favorite Pokemon (as if you couldn't tell from my username and avitar lol). It's got a hasty nature, and I'm using Shiloh -that's what I named him- as a physical attacker, primarily (except for Fire Blast, for those Poison-immune Steel types). Well he's level 63 at the moment, and I decided to plug his stats and such into an IV calculator, just becasuse I was curious. Now usually I don't breed for IVs, because that's a load of trouble, even if it IS worth it. But I got REALLY lucky with Shiloh! 31 IVs in both Attack and Speed! Honestly that couldn't have worked out better!

I'm trying my hardest to get Magmortar and Electivire on my team.. and it's successful. All I need is the EV training.

I got lucky with Magmortar. My 1st Magby I hatched was Modest. All i need is a Magamarizer via trade.

Electivire was a bit harder. I wanted Ice Punch and Cross Chop on it. Thus I had to heartscale a Medicham. I bred it with a Female Machamp, and it took 10 Eggs to get a Male Machop. Ugh. After that I leved it up to 37 to learn Cross Chop. Then I needlessly evolved it into Machamp later on. Then I had to fidn a Female Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire. I traded big for a Female Elekid, only realizing I needed to level it up in order to get Elekid Eggs. Now after this fiasco, i'm breeding eggs from a Male Machamp w/ Ice Punch and Cross Chop, along with a Female Electabuzz. It took about 10 Eggs to get Adamant. I already have an Electrilizer.. so like I said, all I need is to EV it.

Phew, once that's done, my new competitive team will be up.

-Blastoise(Blastoise-Shiny)
-Dragonfrce(Dragonite)
-Elekitank(Electivire)
-Magmados(Magmortar)
-Spartan(Gallade)
-Yukimenoko(Froslass)

My persistence in keeping my female Eevee on the team and levelling her her (plus massages and cycling pretty much everywhere) has paid off; Lilith's now an Umbreon.

Breeding her with Loki the Espeon should eventually provide me with the three Eevees I need to complete the full set of evolutions.

I've obtained 132 of the Sinnoh dex, and 314 in total. Going in numerical order of what I can get in-game, I shall probably look to evolving Vespa the Combee, followed by the Cherubi with the wholly uninspired name of Cheri (I simply haven't thought up a better one yet!) ;).

Emerald - Female - Kodi
Lv.18 Makuhita
Lv.10 Goldeen
Lv.09 Magikarp
Lv.09 Geodude
Lv.07 Zubat
Lv.06 Tentacool
Status - Need to obtain Meditite by trading from Ruby

Ruby - Female - Tessa
Lv.14 Treecko
Status - Catching all Pokemon available from Littleroot Town to Rusturf Tunnel and training them each to Lv.20+

Sapphire - Female - Kimmy
Lv.07 Treecko
Status - No goal at the moment

The picture attached has inspired me to try an Eevee team. Let's see how it goes..

I'm thinkin.

Umbreon
Espeon
Jolteon
Vaporeon
Glaceon
Leafeon

Flareon is the odd one out, cause, it's stats are just abysmal.

Well I've gotten all of the individuals I'm using for my Poison team, and they have the natures and abilities I was aiming for (except for my Nidoran[f]. I couldn't get her to have the right nature AND the ability Poison Point for some reason. *sigh* So I just settled for Rivalry, since her main function isn't too attack anyway, and she had the high IV in HP that I wanted). Most of them appear to have a desirable high IV too judging by the comments on their info page, although one or two don't. They're level 1 at the moment (exept for Shiloh, my Skuntank, who's level 97). All I need to do is have an IV battle and see if they're really the right one's I should be using. Then I can start EV training! So finally, after a couple team changes, I have progress!

Emereld:(just started)

Mudkip LV12
Tackle
Growl
Mud slap
Water gun

Petalburg woods

Emerald

Swampert Lv 36/7

Tackle
Growl
Mud shot
Water gun

Route 111

And by the way, does anyone use this anymore?

Here is my situation..

Name:Zaine ( my real name)

Torterra
Lvl 91
Wood Hammer
Leaf Storm
Earthquake
Frenzy PLant

Garchomp
Lvl 59/60
Dragon rush
draco meteor
aerial ace
giga impact

Floatzel
Lvl 70
Water pulse
surf
waterfall
ice fang

Staraptor
Lvl 56
Close combat
aerial ace
fly
brave bird

Chariard (nickname titan)
Lvl 61
FLamethrower
blast burn
fire blast
shadow claw

Rhyperior
lvl 59
hammer arm
horn drill
earthquake
stone edge

I got 8 badges
1 shiny

I'm trying to complete green version at the moment....
It has:
raichu
Pikachu
Persian
Wartortle
Ninetales
Pidgeot

I also have 2 teams planned for Diamond.
can't remember them off the top of my head except I did go looking for another lightball yesterday but wasn't very lucky.

I just beat the first gym leader on diamond.

Name: Mizore (I don't care if it's a guy sprite, I like the name.)

Lv. 15 Staravia
Lv. 15 Luxio
Lv. 16 Monferno
Lv. 6 Geodude

I have just defeated the Elite 4 on my Diamond and my Pearl. And I'm going to go at it again.

Trying to beat the battle pike in pokemon emerald. i get beaten by that god damned shuckle.

Also training my level 73 Salamance and Flygon even more. (at least to level 83 like my Swampert)

And useing my eevee team at the battle frontier.

On my Leafgreen, I'm trying to catch Entei. Got him down to about 2/8ths health but won't let me run into him anymore to bring him down red and start throwing ultra balls at him. I'm so frustrated with him that I think I might restart and use my master ball on him rather than Mewtwo.

Emerald:

ALL LV100

Regice
Tyranitar
Metagross
Dragonite
Mewtwo
Rayquaza

DIAMOND:

Lv75 Drapion
Lv76 Milotic
Lv77 Infernape
Lv78 Torterra
Lv78 Garchomp
Lv79 Dialga

I originally stayed away from Super Contests because, frankly, I sucked.

However, wanting something to break the current monotony of training simply to complete the pokedex, I tried a couple of practices today with my Togepi, Almos. He won me a ribbon in the Normal rank Cute contest, after a few practices and a couple of poffins.

Ooh, those are annoying. Still haven't found one yet after several attempts. It's one of the two I'm lacking of the Honey Tree group, the other being Heracross.

Ive got a trick that could help you find munchlax..

Ok. First put honey on a tree when its night time.. then you wait until the crack of dawn and check the honey tree!

Thats what i did and guess who was there? Munchlax!

Back
Top Bottom