• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Opinions / Ratings of the Gym Leaders in Pokemon B/W

Cress (for me since I choose Tepiggy): 2.5 I thought Panpour was tough because I didnt bother usign a elemental monkey because I want a challenge. I let my Lillipup take him down after Pignite almost kill Panpour [and for the record the leaders are all equally cute]

Leonora: 3 due to me not bothering to catch a fighting type.

Burgh: 1 Pignite mopped the floor with his bug types

Elesa: 3 [still pondering what happened at the ferris wheel event] My Kroco made the Emogas had a hard time, just the stupid flying thing kept the ground types moves from being used and static kept paralysing him AND ****IN DOUBLE TEAM SPAMAGENESS!!!

Clay: Tough for my Pignite and Victini but my Tympole helped out through the battle

Skyla: 1 Teaching a Modest natured Victini Charge Beam (plus the effect of Special Attack rising) = FLYING TYPE KILLING SUPER ADORABLE LOOKING MACHINE. Seriousness that this gym leader was cakewalk, I had harder time with Winona in Hoenn even with electric pokemons

Brycen: 2 again Embroar burns those Ice types and smashes them with his might pig-like fists of fury!

Drayden [played Black Version]: 5 Haxorus really was a killer. Embroar prevailed but had to rely on Blaze to do the job

Just beat Elesa: 1.5/5. She's got attack but no defense. I never used any super effective moves against her pokes and they were still fairly easy to sweep. Even easier with super effective types.

Toughest gym leader for me is probably Elesa. Cilan is tough as well by a tiny margin, because of not wanting to use the elemental monkey (I eventually did, because he wiped out my Oshawott and Patrat.)

Battled Iris today, she was a bit of a challenge, but overall easyyyy. Beat her Haxorus with just my Lilligant and its Grass Knot. Even though its not effective, it was an easy KO. :p

I critical haxed my way with Lenora and Elesa, Skyla I had to fight a 2nd time though.

Right now I'm on Burgh.
I struggled against all of them, but then again my pokemon were severely underleveled.

Burgh beat me and Cilan beat me. Lenora I won against my first try, but it was out of pure luck. If she would've attacked my final pokemon (that had like 2HP left) once more, I would've lost.

Right now I'm training my pokemon some before I rebattle Burgh.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom