• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS demo

How was your ORAS Demo experience?

• Great! Can't wait to play the real game.

Votes: 58 71.6%
  • Just ok. Still waiting to finish the whole demo.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Arrghh..not that good.

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
Got my code, only to get "Not enough space on SD card"

Has anybody unlocked the special event yet? I've tried the demo over 20 times, and still haven't gotten anything new.

I can't access my Trainer Club's e-mail address, so it seems that I'll be missing out on the demo. It's really disappointing that I can't get my code.

Loaded the demo up, got past the start screen, and just sat there for a good 3 minutes listening to the Mossdeep City music before doing a thing.

Just finished playing it 10 times~ Pretty fun~ The little missions are pretty cool and fun and I love how everything looks. It's just so vibrant and awesome.

The last battle against the Expert was too scary, tho! Dude KO'd my Mega Swampert, Blaziken, and left Glalie with 1 HP!

Just finished playing it 10 times~ Pretty fun~ The little missions are pretty cool and fun and I love how everything looks. It's just so vibrant and awesome.

The last battle against the Expert was too scary, tho! Dude KO'd my Mega Swampert, Blaziken, and left Glalie with 1 HP!

The Expert with the Hoen starters? Yeah, he knocked out my Swampert and Blaziken. I managed to squeeze out a victory with Glalie, though.

Loaded the demo up, got past the start screen, and just sat there for a good 3 minutes listening to the Mossdeep City music before doing a thing.

I'm listening to that as I type this post.

Anyway, my first mission in the demo I picked Grovyle (team Treecko ftw), we set out. When it came to that Double Battle where Steven gives you the Mega Ring and corresponding Mega Stone, I hit a quandary: I'd rather save Mega Sceptile for the full game...

Carvanha went down to a (non Mega) Leaf Blade while Steven Giga Impacted that Camerupt, both of them one-shot kills.

Then Steven apologizes about how I wasn't "able to use Mega Evolution" yet ... lol.

Note to self: Don't attempt to weaken that Glalie because Frost Breath always criticals. Just throw the Poke Ball already. And, if it helps, I caught a girl.

Now, is it just me or do the three Hoenn starters' cries sound oddly similar to one another?

Well they certainly overhyped this one. This demo is so horribly scripted it's almost painful.

But hey, at least you get a free Mega Evolution! Right?

I'm not really fond of this demo either it's bad....

But I do have two extra codes if people are still having issues and aren't scared away from all the hype deflation.

Edit: Just looked at the poll, seems like I might be one of the only ones who dislikes the demo.

Edit again: all out of codes guys. Sorry.

Last edited:
Well, it's not exactly like Bravely Default's demo in how that one lets you just roam around the Ancheim desert as you want and do anything you want (within the confines of the demo's limited job classes, items, etc.), but the relatively short mission lengths are not bad. Just ... don't play it too much in one sitting.

For real? I already played the demo 10+ times and I don't see the 'secret' option.

The secret mission should be unlocked after 20 times.

You sure? Right then, I'll come back after playing 20+ times. I can't wait for another tag battle against the Magma/Aqua Admins :D

Oddly, from what I can gather, the secret mission is turning up after different numbers of playthroughs for different people which makes me think that perhaps there is an element of randomness to it - like after so many plays there is X% chance of the mission appearing (I was lucky enough to get it on my 11th, unless I've forgotten how to count - which I wouldn't put past myself!). If that is how it works than that's a shrewd move from GF as it'll probably make people continue playing longer than they would have in the hopes of randomly discovering another secret.

I said this in another post, but the demo included a mention similar to "Keep playing everyday to discover something special!" which makes me think it might have to do with playing X-days (or, the internal clock). But yeah, since there are people who have unlocked the secret mission and people who haven't, it must be completely random.

But I do hope that GF didn't make it too random that there are players who can't unlock it after playing the demo 100+ times.

I have very mixed feelings about the demo.

The good:
  • No roller skates, thank the gods.
  • I’m happy you can use all starters as I had serious trouble deciding which one to choose in the real game.
  • It’s great to hear some of the music.
  • I love that you can try out the ‘sneaking upon pokemon’ thing, it’s a very fun feature.
  • Loved Team Magma/Aqua’s dialogues.
The bad:
  • Extremely disappointed you can’t play as the female player character.
  • Same goes for not being able to name the character. They could’ve at least just named him Brendan, it’s just really weird that he’s named Orlando.
  • It would have been way more fun if you could catch pokemon and use them in battle in each adventure.
  • I would’ve also liked it if you could replay the first mission, as the ‘adventures’ are extremely boring.
  • The battle screen (with the ‘fight’, ‘run’, etc buttons) is hideous and very distracting.
  • Same goes for the Buzznav.
So yeah, the demo did hype me for the real game, but it could’ve been a lot better. Which is disappointing especially since some had to go through quite some trouble to get a code.

Haven’t unlocked the ‘secret adventure’ yet but I have to admit I haven’t been playing it every day since I thought there wasn’t more to gain after playing ten times. I’ve seen multiple people on other websites say they’ve played it every day but still haven’t unlocked it, so I do have the feeling it’s just completely random…

Got the demo. Nothing too special, but mannnn, the music! Mmmmm...it's so good to hear Hoenn music on the 3DS... Everything from the title screen, the Mossdeep theme, the battle themes, the abandoned ship theme (used in the area you fight the admins), mmmmm... Gorgeous. I'm hyped. Can't wait for 11/21/14.

Love the demo so far. :) Made me all the more hyped for OR/AS. <33 Hope everybody's enjoying it so far! :)

No roller skates, thank the gods.

There's a strange quirk between circle pad and D-pad movement: Every time you switch from the Circle Pad to the D-Pad the lower screen dims for a moment as your character realigns himself to the grid. (Similar thing happens in XY with the rollerskates). At least it does not happen when switching from the D-pad to Circle Pad. Still, it could be handled better in future games -- i.e. when you use the D-Pad your character doesn't have to align themselves to the grid before taking any steps, they can do that as they travel in that direction.

Yeah, the roller skates made me use the d-pad more than the circle pad once I unlocked them in X & Y.

I didn't get an e-mail yet with my demo code, so I can't say how the demo was. :(

Back
Top Bottom