• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS demo

How was your ORAS Demo experience?

• Great! Can't wait to play the real game.

Votes: 58 71.6%
  • Just ok. Still waiting to finish the whole demo.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Arrghh..not that good.

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
Hey hey hey before everyone gets TOO excited: the US is NOT getting the demo on the 20th! The 20th is simply the cutoff date to sign up to get the emails!! The US demo is going to be distributed AFTER they're done taking email signups!

I contacted the site and this was the response I received:
View attachment 96477

So US codes will START being sent on the 21st!! No guarantee that you'll get it directly on the 21st though :')

That's pretty much what should have been expected. Of course they wouldn't start distributing them before the last say you can sign up.

So US codes will START being sent on the 21st!! No guarantee that you'll get it directly on the 21st though :')

No guarantee you'd get it at all because I've been opted in for news letters and have never gotten an email. There's entire threads on the internet with people complaining about the botched distributions before.

I don't know. Does TPCI not have an automated email system? Do they need to hire an employee to send emails to people one by one?

I wouldn't panic too much. If enough people don't receive their codes, then they may just launch the demo for everyone on the eShop, which is what I'm expecting will happen.

I wouldn't panic too much. If enough people don't receive their codes, then they may just launch the demo for everyone on the eShop, which is what I'm expecting will happen.

I'm hoping that happens in my country, too. Even though I'm one of the people who lined up at a gaming store to get my demo code, I feel bad for the people who 1) were not able to participate in the demo code lottery for 1000 people last week, or 2) unable to visit the nearest gaming store to get a demo code for personal reasons and 3) lined up but was unable to get the demo code because the supplies were gone before their turn.

Seriously, a sudden lottery for 1000 people online was irresponsible - I didn't even hear about it until they stopped accepting sign-ups (which was hours after the announcement). And not even having 100 demo codes ready per store was even more unthinkable. The store I went to said they only prepared 75 codes, and I was the 40th person to receive it. For heaven's sake, they should have prepared at least 500 per store. Were they seriously underestimating Pokemon's popularity, or was it because they were forced to do so by the law? Idk, but it's a demo. It's for advertisement. Just let everyone experience it.

Hey hey hey before everyone gets TOO excited: the US is NOT getting the demo on the 20th! The 20th is simply the cutoff date to sign up to get the emails!! The US demo is going to be distributed AFTER they're done taking email signups!

View attachment 96477

This is completely ridiculous. It sounds like they're physically mailing it to each person... wtf?!... Surely they could make it automatically send the mail to the whole list of registered users... I guess now this also explains why most of us almost never get the monthly mail...
Now I really wish they just used Club Nintendo instead and sent the code to every person who registered X or Y... at least CN seems to be very consistent and organized with their mailing system (they're definitely using a proper automatic method and not Pokemon.com's ancient method)

The demo seems to loop after a few missions. I wish I could replay the first mission - I miss those Aqua/Magma battles already. I kinda hope I can get into Steven's house, though I know I definitely will be able to get into his house in ORAS.

If you want to battle Aqua/Magma again, you can - after playing 10 times Steven should give you the option to "go somewhere secret" just below "go on an adventure". You can select this as many times as you like and the team you encounter seems to depend on which title screen comes up at the start (i.e. OR or AS).

Hope this helps :)

View attachment 96477

I was JUST about to ask if there was a certain time we got these or something, because I didn't notice anything when I logged onto one of my emails just a few seconds ago. XD. Well, I guess I'll have to remember it tomorrow. o3o. Thanks for the notice, Finicky Fennekin~!

No guarantee you'd get it at all because I've been opted in for news letters and have never gotten an email. There's entire threads on the internet with people complaining about the botched distributions before.
And it's safe to assume you've long ruled out any obvious causes on your end (rules and filters, etc.) ?

I remember back in Gen V where there was a HA Eeveelution distribution (tied to a minigame on Pokemon.com) and that one probably had hundreds of cases where eligible players were not given the distribution (and I happened to be one of them).

I don't know. Does TPCI not have an automated email system? Do they need to hire an employee to send emails to people one by one?

But I wouldn't be so pessemistic. It's safe to assume the newsletter itself is generated/sent automatically, but since this does involve download codes the download codes are probably all personalized, and that's more likely to be a bottleneck. (At a minimum, they need to register those codes with eShop authority, whatever details that involves.)

I am super glad I decided to email Pokemon for clarification on the distribution. While the site isn't *unclear*, it could certainly have been clearer! I saved myself from checking my email and getting disappointed every five minutes today, haha!

On BuzzNav in the demo, I saw a place called the Mauville Food Court mentioned, and that it was always open for battles.

Anyone else spotted this?

Ugh, why did they have to be such stupid jerks over that? I mean really? They couldn't have just let you pick between which one?

Well, I doubt either of them will be exclusive to the demo.

Ugh, why did they have to be such stupid jerks over that? I mean really? They couldn't have just let you pick between which one?

Well, I doubt either of them will be exclusive to the demo.

I'm not really sure. Maybe GF and/or Nintendo thought that Glalie was more popular in the rest of the world than Steelix was in Japan?

In any case, the fact that they gave us a regular Pokémon at the beginning of the demo whose Mega is most likely also available in-game instead of giving us a Mega of an Event Pokémon after playing for so many days has kind of made the getting demo pointless to me. They should have given players Mega-Jirachi after completing all of the missions.

So, we get Glalie, huh? That's fine with me. Though I still don't understand this whole region-specific Mega Mon. I mean, wouldn't it be more fair if each code could generate a different chance for one or the other? But, then again, they'd have to make sure each and every code is specifically programed for that purpose, and that would probably be a major headache for them. So I guess it's simpler this way, but it would be more fair for every code to have a different chance, or even the specific 3DS that the code is used in would be more welcoming to many. But beggars can't be choosers, unfortunately, and when is GF ever fair?

On BuzzNav in the demo, I saw a place called the Mauville Food Court mentioned, and that it was always open for battles.

Anyone else spotted this?

I saw that in a video from a "PokeTuber". Probably the replacement for the Game Corner.

According to Serebii the US receives Mega Glalie. It's safe to assume for the time being, Steelix will remain Japan only.

Serebii.net - Where Legends Come To Life

Maybe I'm not seeing it because I'm on mobile, but where on the actual site say that the US is getting Glalie?

The paragraph with the picture of Mega Glalie.

Hmm I must be missing something with mobile then. All I can find is:

The excessive energy from its Mega Evolution gushes out of its mouth, blasting away and destroying its jaw. It is no longer able to close its mouth, and the freezing air it emits becomes far stronger. It tosses foes into its gaping mouth, expelling a burst of chilled air to freeze them instantly.

Unless it's a different page than this?

Back
Top Bottom