• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS demo

How was your ORAS Demo experience?

• Great! Can't wait to play the real game.

Votes: 58 71.6%
  • Just ok. Still waiting to finish the whole demo.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Arrghh..not that good.

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
I have to say, I love the new camera angle when wild pokemon show up. While I like the camera showing the front of the pokemon in XY, the tilted angle in the ORAS demo shows the entire body of the wild pokemon, which is cool.

It also makes the battle feel more intense for some reason.

That, and I love it when they showed Tropius actually flapping its wings. It felt so real.

But then it started to glide. For some reason, that animation annoys me.

The gliding animation of a lot of flyers annoys me cuz to glide means to move, not hover. To hover they need to flap constantly like in Colo/XD or even the stadium games.

Is sending Glalie to ORAS the only way to get its Mega Stone? I really couldn't care less about a level 40 Glalie (I'd prefer to catch a Snorunt, and evolve it).

Or breed one? Either way, there's no harm in importing the Glalie.

The gliding animation of a lot of flyers annoys me cuz to glide means to move, not hover. To hover they need to flap constantly like in Colo/XD or even the stadium games.

Have you ever watched a bird of prey hunting? with the right wind/ updraft a bird can hover without needing to flap.

I have another theory about unlocking the secret mission

Maybe you have to visit ALL the different islands with Steven, and then he'll unlock the secret mission? Because when I played the demo today, he took me to some place where I have to climb up a cliff using a ladder - and I haven't seen that place before. I'm guessing that the locations he takes you is completely random, and those who unlocked it early just happened to get lucky and visited all the different places within 20 plays?

idk. I REALLY want to unlock that secret mission ;_; I'm going to cry if I can't get it after 50+ plays...

Maybe you have to visit ALL the different islands with Steven, and then he'll unlock the secret mission? Because when I played the demo today, he took me to some place where I have to climb up a cliff using a ladder - and I haven't seen that place before. I'm guessing that the locations he takes you is completely random, and those who unlocked it early just happened to get lucky and visited all the different places within 20 plays?

idk. I REALLY want to unlock that secret mission ;_; I'm going to cry if I can't get it after 50+ plays...

According to Serebii, there are only six islands (including the first mission island) and I've visited them all at least once. No secret adventure yet, I've played more than 25 times now in at least four days :(

Last edited:

According to Serebii, there are only six islands (including the first mission island) and I've visited them all at least once. No secret adventure yet, I've played more than 25 times now in at least four days :(

oh. Okay. Then there should be some other theories to try until they're randomly unlocked somehow... There was also a theory that talking to the scientist NPC who mentions the sea scanner will unlock the secret mission but I just talked to him and nope, no new mission :/

I still haven't gotten an e-mail with a demo code. :(

Anyone have a spare one they could PM me?

The rotating NPCs I've seen so far:

Near the Pokémon Center:
- A scientist disappointed because he won't find a Shroomish in Mossdeep
- A rich boy
- A biker

North of Mossdeep:
- An old man talking about Sea Mauville
- A ruin maniac
- A Shroomish (the scientist won't spot it even if both show at the same time, lol)

At the highest part, next the lab:
- Giddy
- A woman talking about becoming contests star (Looks like a non-generic model, but I'm not sure. Could be an actual character).
- Wattson

Beach:
- Three Aqua grunts
- Three Magma grunts
- Three swimmers, one talking about returning to Kalos, the other two staying to become Divers.
- Gabby and Ty interviewing Flannery

South:
- Roxanne and Brawly
- A Sailor and a kid
- Captain Stern and Dock

Islands (excluding trainers and mission targets like lost children):
- Aarune
- Lisia
- The scientist that is looking for the Scanner
- An old man from Origin Cave

I'm not sure if I'm missing someone.

The rotating NPCs I've seen so far:

Near the Pokémon Center:
- A scientist disappointed because he won't find a Shroomish in Mossdeep
- A rich boy
- A biker

North of Mossdeep:
- An old man talking about Sea Mauville
- A ruin maniac
- A Shroomish (the scientist won't spot it even if both show at the same time, lol)

At the highest part, next the lab:
- Giddy
- A woman talking about becoming contests star (Looks like a non-generic model, but I'm not sure. Could be an actual character).
- Wattson

Beach:
- Three Aqua grunts
- Three Magma grunts
- Three swimmers, one talking about returning to Kalos, the other two staying to become Divers.
- Gabby and Ty interviewing Flannery

South:
- Roxanne and Brawly
- A Sailor and a kid
- Captain Stern and Dock

Islands (excluding trainers and mission targets like lost children):
- Aarune
- Lisia
- The scientist that is looking for the Scanner
- An old man from Origin Cave

I'm not sure if I'm missing someone.

On the islands you also meet 'one of the four cardinal sisters' who is lost.

Because when I played the demo today, he took me to some place where I have to climb up a cliff using a ladder - and I haven't seen that place before. I'm guessing that the locations he takes you is completely random, and those who unlocked it early just happened to get lucky and visited all the different places within 20 plays?

I saw that island on play #11 and #15. The ruins on it are a real mysterious touch (as ruins often are) and I wanted to explore it fully, but in both cases I defeated all trainers (or found the requested wild Pokemon) before I was able to check out the entirety of its upper plateau.

Actually that's a miscount, there is the opening mission and then six islands (cliffside, forest, ruins, island meadow, mountaintop, and cave).

Last edited:

Actually that's a miscount, there is the opening mission and then six islands (cliffside, forest, ruins, island meadow, mountaintop, and cave).

Ah you're right, I see it says 'island 6' twice at the area information. Just looked at the numbers instead of actually counting *facepalm*

But I have been on all those islands though and sadly still no secret adventure for me, even though I've now played 5 days and 32 times in total, argh. I'm very close to just giving up, cause those adventures are just too boring to keep playing.

So I tried searching online for this...what is all this about special scenarios if you play every day?

Something is seriously f*cked up. I got my code just now, and when I went to input it in the eShop it said that "hyphens and the letters i, o, and z are not used." My code has two O's in it. :mad:

Replace the O's with zeros(0)

So I tried searching online for this...what is all this about special scenarios if you play every day?

There is a secret mode known as "Let's go somewhere secret!" accessible by talking to Steven. If you have unlocked the mode, the text is underneath the first layer of text.

Apparently you can unlock the mode by playing the demo everyday, but there have been users here who played the demo multiple times over a 4-5 day period and still haven't accessed the feature. Nobody knows exactly how the secret option is unlocked.

There is a secret mode known as "Let's go somewhere secret!" accessible by talking to Steven. If you have unlocked the mode, the text is underneath the first layer of text.

Apparently you can unlock the mode by playing the demo everyday, but there have been users here who played the demo multiple times over a 4-5 day period and still haven't accessed the feature. Nobody knows exactly how the secret option is unlocked.

And what happens with that option? I kinda gave up on unlocking this, so I'd like to know

And what happens with that option? I kinda gave up on unlocking this, so I'd like to know

Light spoiler on the secret mission
You go on a new adventure with Steven to fight Aqua/Magma. You also get to tag battle with May. That's what I gathered from watching a clip of a youtube vid someone uploaded.

Light spoiler on the secret mission
You go on a new adventure with Steven to fight Aqua/Magma. You also get to tag battle with May. That's what I gathered from watching a clip of a youtube vid someone uploaded.

Not even worth playing through the demo to get that secret mission, then. I've played it over 30 times, but no secret mission.

I just find it funny that one of the npcs that can show up in Mossdeep City is the guy that goes "Rydel Rydel Rydel Rydel Rydel Rydel Rydel."

I loved the demo [I got the code from the Pokemon email newsletter], but I hate how monotonous it was getting it. They need to just have the demo available on the eShop like Sony/Microsoft handles demos.

To me, the way they handled the demo was them making three right turns instead of just making one left turn. Sure they ended up in the same place of having a demo, but they took the long way about doing it.

Despite the monotony, I can keep myself entertained by recording data like the trainers I battle and my Pokémon's stats, both before and after Mega Evolution. Especially since if you handle your battle with the exert the right way, you can make one of your Pokémon level up, thus giving me more stat data to record.

Back
Top Bottom