• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

FAQ: Other Games: Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Pokémon Battle Revolution question. Is it possible to do a Custom Pass against a DS game? I have SoulSilver and my younger brother has HeartGold, and I really wanted to do my Custom Pass against his HeartGold team. I understand that you can do DS vs. DS, but I didn't know if there was any way to do PBR vs DS.

If there is a way to do this, can you please tell me what to press to get there?

If I remember correctly, there isn't any way to directly battle a DS with a custom pass. I believe it's only DS vs. DS and pass vs. pass.

question:

i'm playing Colosseum and i just won the tm for focus punch. i was thinking of teaching it to my feraligatr since he has high atk. but almost everything he knows (by gen 3 standards) uses his lowish sp.atk. Is FP worth teaching or is it too big of a gambling move? if so, what would you recommend?

he knows:
surf
slash
bite
rain dance

bumping old Q cuz i never got any help :X

Last edited:
question:

i'm playing Colosseum and i just won the tm for focus punch. i was thinking of teaching it to my feraligatr since he has high atk. but almost everything he knows (by gen 3 standards) uses his lowish sp.atk. Is FP worth teaching or is it too big of a gambling move? if so, what would you recommend?

he knows:
surf
slash
bite
rain dance

I would suggest taking this to a battle-strategy forum or something. You might get a better response that way.

Hey guys, I need some help regarding multiplayer missions on Guardian Signs.
So, my other half recently got a copy of GS, as do I, and we want to try out multiplayer missions. We are both at a stage where we can access the temples, but whenever we try to play together, whoever's DS becomes the Member won't receive a signal. At all. Even if the Leader is in the Waiting Room. It doesn't matter if I become Member or she does, the yellow wireless light won't even flash. Basically, I was hoping someone here can shed some light onto why this would be happening. Or...not happening, as it were.

Would the regions make a difference to compatibility? Mine is an AUS cart, while hers is EUR. But as long as they're both English, that shouldn't matter, right? So yeah, if anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it. thanks. :D

Oy i'm playing too many old games at once lol

Anyhow, i'm trying to come up with a little Gummi IQ Guide detailing what Gummies are the best for each type to eat (besides the obvious STAB gummies ie. water types like blue gummies) for the PMD games as i couldn't find one online.

The formula basically goes:
Gummi matches the Pokemon's Type: + 7 IQ Points
Gummi is strong against the Pokemon's Type: + 4 IQ Points
Gummi is neutral to the Pokemon's Type: + 3 IQ Points
Gummi is weak against the Pokemon's Type: + 2 IQ Points
Gummi is ineffective against Pokemon Type: + 1 IQ Point

Now, i'm not so much focusing on what type of Gummi a pokemon doesn't/kinda like, so much as what kind a pokemon does like/love (since you'd really only be giving a pokemon a Gummi it likes). So my logic seems to be like this:

Fire Type Pokemon:
Like: Red, Blue, Brown, Gray
Don't Really Like: Silver, Clear, Green, Grass

Water Type Pokemon:
Like: Blue, Yellow, Grass
Don't Really Like: Red, Clear, Silver

Dragon Type Pokemon:
Like: Royal, Clear
Don't Really Like: Yellow, Red, Grass, Blue

Now, where i seem to be hitting a little bit of a snag is when i get to dual type pokemon. Like for example Flygon: Dragon Ground type. Would it then look something like this?:

Dragon/Ground Type Pokemon:
Like: Royal, Clear, Brown
Don't Really Like: Yellow, Red, Grass, Blue, Gray, Pink

Any insight would be awesome since it's not so helpful that i'm doing this while tired and can't really get my mind around it quite as easily. :spin:

@yourlilemogirl: I believe this LP is what you're looking for?

To abridge it, the order of preference is:
same-type gummis
super-effective type gummis (ex. Grass gummis for Water-types)
most others
not-very-effective
not effective (ex. Ghost vs. Normal)

and Pokémon of more than one type get both IQ boosts. (ex. Gible gains 8 points from a Clear gummi for both types being super effective)

@Miar

lol i actually have that very page tabbed before you replied xP

And ya, that seems to be the linear progression towards favoritism of a type of Gummi, though (since i'm so dead in the head) was my chart anywhere near right? <.<'
Or do you think it's prolly best i just quit while i'm ahead (if i even am in any case ^.^')

EDIT: also, this was my 2000th post! :D woot woot!

@yourlilemogirl: Pretty much, you've got it right for the single types. But you're just a little off with Gible.
You got Royal, Clear, Brown, Yellow, Red, Purple, and Grey right.
But if one type cancels out the other's weakness/resistance, it's regular. While Grass and Water are less effective to Dragon, they beat ground. So they balance back out to 6.

@Miar

ah ok! I see now, i forgot about the cancelling out thing :X
I guess i could just leave this for someone else to deal with (as far as dual types go). I think once i get all the single types out of the way and study the type effectiveness charts a bit more, i might be able to take another crack at dual types.

@ life alert: Honchrow is usally found around mt sorbet but after a while it it does not go back and it takes a while until it does.XD

Pokedex 3D problem

Two days ago, on Friday, when i went to download the days next three entries, it only gave me one instead of the usual three. Then both yesterday and today, i wouldn't give me any. I counted and found i'm only thirteen away from having finished the pokedex. I hate to have come so close and not be able to finish. So how come it won't give me any more entries?

Re: Pokedex 3D problem

I'd think a lot of people would attribute it to messing with the system's clock, but I wouldn't, since I've had this problem as well, and I never change the time or date on any of my systems after first setting them up.

So the possibility of messing with the clock isn't really worth mentioning...unless you have changed the time/date. But I'm not convinced that would affect it in this way.

I have not ever messed with the clock.

That is what I thought. It is what most people advise not to do in threads like these, and from what I've seen, people tend to ignore how many times you deny messing with the clock.

So, for the benefit of such people:
THE CLOCK HAS REMAINED UNTOUCHED.

It's a bug. Scan some AR markers, wait 20 hours and try again.
If you - for whatever reason - have already scanned all the AR markers, try trading with someone else, wait 20 hours and try downloading new Pokémon again.

I also have Pokedex 3D problem.

Ok. You know how it says you are allowed to scan 3 AR Markers a day, right? Well, the next day, it wouldn't let me scan any new ones. Could me messing with the time and date cause this? And I tried setting it to the correct date, but that didn't work. How can I fix this?

What if i don't have anyone to trade with? It's only done locally, right?

Ok I have never played any of the side games really but I have a question. The pokemon gaurdians game or I can't really remember what it is called.(The one where you can get a manaphy egg) I'm curious was that an event or is that part of the game? Because I think It'd really be cool to have a manaphy and phione over in my heart gold but if that thing was an event I understand.

Ok I have never played any of the side games really but I have a question. The pokemon gaurdians game or I can't really remember what it is called.(The one where you can get a manaphy egg) I'm curious was that an event or is that part of the game? Because I think It'd really be cool to have a manaphy and phione over in my heart gold but if that thing was an event I understand.

Sadly, it's gotten through an event that has expired. Your best bet would to head over to the Trading Centre and ask for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom