• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

OU RMT

Thundagere

Rocking the Lucario
Reaction score
Yes, I'm making another team. I seem to burn through a lot of these, don't I? Anyhow, here we go--
(Changes in BOLD
Crobat@Leftovers--Jolly
169.png

~ Brave Bird
~ Taunt
~ Roost
~ U-Turn (to deal with Azelf)
104 HP / 152 Atk / 252 Spe

My anti-lead. Crobat can outspeed pretty much anything in the metagame bar Aerodactyl. Taunt to keep away Stealth Rock, Brave Bird for a good STAB move and a OHKO on Infernape., and U-Turn to hit Azelf and go to Ttar for the finish with Pursuit. Roost heals of residual damage from Brave Bird and any damage from the opponent.

Tyranitar@Choice Scarf
Spr_4h_248.png

~ Stone Edge
~ Crunch
~ Pursuit
~ Earthquake
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
My pursuit Trapper. Call it Gengar hate or whatever, but...yeah. Pursuit is for Ghosts in general when i switch in, Crunch hits them harder if don't think they'll switch, EQ + Stone Edge for excellent type coverage.

Heatran@Leftovers-Calm
Spr_4p_485.png

~ Torment
~ Substitute
~ Protect
~ Lava Plume
244 HP / 32 SpA / 12 SpD / 220 Spe
This guy is awesome. He can take a FIre type move to power up, Sub on the switch, and Torment. Protect to scout, and Lava Plume for a STAB move to blast Breloom into oblivion.

Weezing@Black Sludge--Bold
Spr_4h_110.png

~ Fire Blast
~ Thunderbolt
~ Pain Split
~ Will-O-Wisp
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Yes, I have a lot of Poison-types. But seriously, Weezing plays a big part in this team. He can come in on something like a Surf, Will-o-wisp to cripple attackers, and use a mixture of Thunderbolt and Fire Blast to keep opponents in check. Pain Split is my recovery mode, and with that and Will-o-wisp I can just stall out the opponent.

Gyarados@Leftovers--Adamant
Spr_4h_130_m.png

~ Dragon Dance
~ Taunt
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge
156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Bulky DD set. I Taunt to avoid set ups by Sweepers like Lucario, then Dragon Dance and take a hit. Waterfall the opponent to death, or Stone Edge if they resist.

Lucario@Life Orb--Jolly--Guts
Spr_4p_448.png

~ Swords Dance
~ Close Combat
~ ExtremeSpeed
~ Crunch
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

My Physical Sweeper. After one Swords Dance, Lucario kills. Crunch hits Psychics and Ghosts. Close Combat is an excellent STAB move that hits Blissey and Snorlax, as well as Heatran if I catch the switch. Extremespeed is an excellent priority move that can finish off weakened foes.

I've tested this team on Shoddy, and it does pretty well. All input welcome!!!

Last edited:
Toxicroak>Weezing
and
Gallade>Crobat

Gallade is an anti lead and will also reduce your "poison type excess"
Whereas for Toxicroak, its better than weezing, period. Its UU for a reason.

Toxicroak>Weezing
and
Gallade>Crobat

Why would he replace his physical wall with a sweeper?

Anyways I think you could try U-Turn on Crobat because you'll outspeed Azelf and break it's Sash and you can go to Drapion to either Pursuit it or OHKO it with Crunch(unless it outspeeds you with Explosion.) But for OU Tyranitar is really the better trapper, but whatever works for you. Also I would keep Weezing because he can come in on a Close Combat for Heatran or Lucario.

Toxicroak>Weezing
and
Gallade>Crobat

Toxicroak doesn't outclass Weezing, they're both UU. They're built differently, I'll assume that you meant another pokemon since one: Toxicroak is outclassed by Lucario who is already on the team, two: It doesn't help the team by adding both another Psychic and Ground weakness.

And Gallade is outclassed by Lucario (once again) as a lead, and overall as a pokemon, I agree with putting U-turn on Crobat over Super Fang. But I don't think you should U-turn to Drapion, since a Scarf T-tar with Pursuit would always kill that lead anyways, so you should replace it. Nothing that Drapion is doing is better than what T-tar would be able to do with a C. Scarf, and Pursuit-Crunch-EQ-Stone Edge.

Replace D. Pulse on Lucario with Vacuum Wave because it really appreciates STAB priority.

Last edited:
I meant its uU in UU.
@insomniac, I usually prefer having a less bulky team and thus a sweeper comes in handy more than a wall.

@GD The reason I say Toxicroak is because he already has Lucario on his team and there's no reason for him to change that

I meant its uU in UU.
@insomniac, I usually prefer having a less bulky team and thus a sweeper comes in handy more than a wall.

@GD The reason I say Toxicroak is because he already has Lucario on his team and there's no reason for him to change that

But Toxicroak isn't advantageous to this team by just adding to the common weaknesses of this team.

Toxicroak is a rail sweeper. Weezing is a wall. Badal, they dont play alike at all and neither outclasses each other. THey really cant be compared.

Crobat is a better lead than gallade because gallade never stops rocks from going up, while crobat does.

1 question. Why use drapion over tyranitar (which should have a choice band probably).

Also, unless item clause is on, leftovers tends to be better than black sludge, since trickers cant cripple you as easily by tricking it onto, say, gyarados.

OK, so right now Crobat's Super Fang is out for U-Turn, and Drapion is out for Ttar. I'd rather keep Weezing as a physical wall, since he's helped me deal with Scizor before and can spread status with Will'o'wisp to cripple opposing sweepers. Changes made to first post.

OK, so right now Crobat's Super Fang is out for U-Turn, and Drapion is out for Ttar. I'd rather keep Weezing as a physical wall, since he's helped me deal with Scizor before and can spread status with Will'o'wisp to cripple opposing sweepers. Changes made to first post.

Weezing seems like a good wall for your but you really should try to get a second sweeper (Maybe replace Heatran?), seeing it's always good for insurance. Oh, and you really should add Vacuum Wave to Lucario.

Last edited:
Now, due to a battle I had recently, I'm thinking of switching Special Lucario out for a Physical lucario, to deal with Blissey and Snorlax. Any thoughts?

OK, I've done some thinking and...
Because of Lucario's weakness to Psychic, and the fact that I need to counter Blissey, I'm bringing in a Heracross instead of Lucario. *prepares for yelling*

OK, I've done some thinking and...
Because of Lucario's weakness to Psychic, and the fact that I need to counter Blissey, I'm bringing in a Heracross instead of Lucario. *prepares for yelling*

Lucario is neutral to Psychic, and Heracross is weak to Psychic, go with SD Lucario.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom