• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

OU team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon Punch

Celebi Salad
Reaction score
472.png

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Jolly
252 HP/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
~ Earthquake
~ U-turn
~ Taunt
~ Stealth Rock
-----------------------
So, Gliscor is a pretty reliable lead, sets up stealth rock, taunts slower leads, U turns out vs faster taunt leads. also late/ mid game Lucario check. Taunt is very useful as it stop mons from setting up. U turn can also help if i get tricked a scarf. I send it in to Rotom and taunt it so it cant use Will O wisp on my next switch in..........

Spr_4d_248.png

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
4 HP/ 252 Spe/ 252 Att
~ Earthquake
~ Crunch
~ Pursuit
~ Stone Edge
------------------------

Plays a very important role, pursuiting Rotom, Latias and Gengar (although i usually Crunch Gengar as they get cocky and stay in to focus blast). With scarf i outspeed the three. Also my answer to Jolteon, Magnezone etc. not exactly a 'stall breaker' but gets rid of the common pokemon used in stall. Once Rotom, Gengar and Latias are gone this next guy has an easier time sweeping.........

Spr_4d_130_m.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant
72 HP/ 252 Att/ 184 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Taunt/ Bounce
~ Stone Edge
~ Waterfall
----------------------------
Yea pretty standard, dont know if i need taunt though. Scizor check and Lucario check as well as secondary Heatran check and beats Crocune with taunt.

Spr_4d_392.png

Infernape @ Life orb
Naive
64 Att/ 252 SpA/ 192 Spe
~ Fire Blast
~ Grass Knot
~ HP ICE
~ Close Combat
Dont really need to explain this dude, beats stall quite easily when Latias is out of the way, I try to keep him for lategame for that very reason.

Spr_4h_251.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/ 140 Def/ 80 SpA/ 32 Spe
~ Grass Knot
~ Hidden Power FIRE
~ Leech Seed
~ Recover
Suicune and Breloom check. HP Fire is to fry scizor and hurt metagross, Grass Knot for Vappy etc. Leech seed is here so i can stall out things like Bliss and it becomes very annoying for the opponent. Celebi also lures in choiced Rotom and gengar and stuff so i have Tyranitar to beat those guys.

Spr_4p_479R.png

Rotom @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/ 120 Def/ 136 SpD
~ Thunder Bolt
~ Will- O - Wisp
~ Rest
~ Sleep talk
-----------------------------
Gyara check, just in case, also really good at walling things like Scizor and Metagross. Pretty cool, im sure most of you have had some experiences with Rotom, I chose the Fridge one as he looks the coolest ^_______^

so there is my team guys rate away :D

Last edited:
Gyarados: You might want Waterfall as your STAB. If there's Taunt, the lack of STAB hurts. True, you could use Bounce, but the opponent can just switch to another Pokemon that can take the hit before it lands.

Rotom-F: You may want to consider Blizzard in place of Will-o-Wisp. Yes, I know that it has crappy accuracy and is effective in hail, but having Thunderbolt as your lone offensive attack might leave you walled by Ground types, Jolteon and Electivire (who you can burn with Will-o-Wisp anyway, but if you do, you may have to switch to something else).

Gyarados: You might want Waterfall as your STAB. If there's Taunt, the lack of STAB hurts. True, you could use Bounce, but the opponent can just switch to another Pokemon that can take the hit before it lands.

lol waterfall is meant to be over earthquake, ill fix that now

No one seems to be using the all in game teams here thread..... Anyway....
Your gyarados' taunt is good so forget about bounce. Also maybe you should consider rotom's fan forme. Its air slash is weaker but more accurate the blizzard the fridge forme can learn. Not to mention the 30% flich chance and that without bounce you dont have a flying type move(not that having a flying type move is necessary or anything its just a pretty good offensive type). If you do decide to get the fan forme make rotom forget will-o-wisp.

One missing thing here: Natures.

Use your imagination :p

They are pretty straightforward really. This looks like a cut and paste from a year ago. I would consider getting a steel type in here somewhere, because you will get hit hard by all the Draco Meteors flying around. Also watch out for DD Mence because you don't really have a reliable counter. Check if T-Tar can survive +1 Earthquake with no defensive investment. If they use Brick Break though....

Your Rotom doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose dealing with common threats. You could exchange it for CB Weavile to force out Salamence, providing Stealth Rock is up to damage Salamence when it switches in again. Agiligross is also a possibility, but it is typically less-effective than Weavile in similar cases.

Your Rotom doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose dealing with common threats. You could exchange it for CB Weavile to force out Salamence, providing Stealth Rock is up to damage Salamence when it switches in again. Agiligross is also a possibility, but it is typically less-effective than Weavile in similar cases.

Funny you say that because Rotom isnt really working that well, I suppose i needed a Gyara counter. Im going to test out Metagross, Sgiligross actually. I can get DD Mence down to neutral attack with Gyarados itimidate and send in Metagross to absorb the outrage if need be.

It's impossible for a pokemon like your gliscor to have 256evs in any stat especially hp. Also Ttar has 252 in what???

I would not recommend doing this since Weavile is not a Salamence Counter. Sure it can force Salamence out, but it can't switch IN. Draco Meteor would destroy it. Unless you KNOW Mence is going to Dragon Dance, Weavile is toast no matter what move it uses.

Funny you say that because Rotom isnt really working that well, I suppose i needed a Gyara counter. Im going to test out Metagross, Sgiligross actually. I can get DD Mence down to neutral attack with Gyarados itimidate and send in Metagross to absorb the outrage if need be.

Metagross could be a good option. I would give Choice Band Metagross a try. EV him to be somewhat Bulky. Max Attack and you can Pick Mence off with CB Bullet Punch. Stealth Rock / Sandstorm damage would help tremendously to make sure you get the kill. I wouldn't rely on a 2 Poke strategy for stopping mence. He is too unpredictable the first time and a mistake could mean disaster for you. One word of caution, watch out for Magnezone ruining your fun.

Agiligross is awesome, but he's not gonna counter Salamence as well since he can be KO'd once weakened by Earthquake or Fire Blast. If you choose that route you may have to change the rest of your team around a bit.

From the looks of your team you won't miss Rotom that much except for his ability to Spin Block, which doesn't even come into play all that often. Scizor can be walled pretty well by Gyara and Gliscor, and Celebi can kill it if you switch into anything except U-Turn. Same thing for most Metagross, your team should be able to handle it, just watch out for the bolt beam punching sets.

I would not recommend doing this since Weavile is not a Salamence Counter. Sure it can force Salamence out, but it can't switch IN. Draco Meteor would destroy it. Unless you KNOW Mence is going to Dragon Dance, Weavile is toast no matter what move it uses.

Metagross could be a good option. I would give Choice Band Metagross a try. EV him to be somewhat Bulky. Max Attack and you can Pick Mence off with CB Bullet Punch. Stealth Rock / Sandstorm damage would help tremendously to make sure you get the kill. I wouldn't rely on a 2 Poke strategy for stopping mence. He is too unpredictable the first time and a mistake could mean disaster for you. One word of caution, watch out for Magnezone ruining your fun.

Agiligross is awesome, but he's not gonna counter Salamence as well since he can be KO'd once weakened by Earthquake or Fire Blast. If you choose that route you may have to change the rest of your team around a bit.

From the looks of your team you won't miss Rotom that much except for his ability to Spin Block, which doesn't even come into play all that often. Scizor can be walled pretty well by Gyara and Gliscor, and Celebi can kill it if you switch into anything except U-Turn. Same thing for most Metagross, your team should be able to handle it, just watch out for the bolt beam punching sets.

I'm testing Agiligross at the moment and its working well once rotom is out of the way. I dont mind sacrificing a pokemon to Outrage to get Metagross in and get an agility up, however im curently running Agility/ EQ/ Thunder Punch/ Meteor Mash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom