• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Palkia.vs.Dialga.

TorrentKid14

Reaction score
which do you prefer: Palkia or Dialga, in terms of use/stats/movepool?

I prefer Dialga, it survives physcal hits with more ease, and it is part steel!

the best is.......

palkia is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have Palkia to compare it with, but I like Dialga because it's part steel types means it can take quite a bit of damage, though fire is a worry.

I really haven't used him much to make an accurate judgement, though. I just used him to get the Elite Four over with.

Dialga's type combination is very unique and gives him a lot of resistances to different types. Not only that, but it can beat Palkia hands down. Palkia, on the other hand, is completely unremarkable.

Dialga's type combination is very unique and gives him a lot of resistances to different types. Not only that, but it can beat Palkia hands down. Palkia, on the other hand, is completely unremarkable.

I agree. Plus, if I want a good water dragon, I'll use Kingdra who is a bit more versatile, especially since he learns some decent dragon type attacks as egg moves.

Perhaps it's just been bad luck or bad planning on my part, but nearly every time I bring out Dialga, whatever it is fighting unexpectedly has Earthquake or Close Combat or other strong ground and fighting moves, which Dialga is weak to. I was using Dialga as my anchor though (mostly because it was higher level than my team when I caught it, and wanted to level up the rest of them), so it generally only fought when the rest of the party was looking bad, so it got sent out regardless of the enemy's type/moves. I have a small army of Spiritombs now, so one of them will probably be anchor. I'll see if I can work Big D in somewhere.

Yeah, Dialga's got major weaknesses to Ground and Fighting, but I still prefer him, however, I have to agree that Giratina's better. :p

Palkia is pretty good since I didn't raise a water type for the elite four... XD;
I don't have a Diagla to compare but I think Palkia is pretty sweet. (Plus Pearl is my birth stone! Woooo!)

Dialga for its steel type. It means it will take a lot more attacks and a lot more attacks will be not very effective with it as well. That got me out of a few situations before.

Palkia

Spacial Rend is better than Roar of time and it doesn't fold after an earthquake (Like my Empoleon >_<)

Competitively, Palkia is (Unfortunately) the better, due to Kyogre, Spacial Rend and Lustrous Orb.

Ground and Fighting are common in the Uber Metagame also.

However, looks wise, Dialga wins hands down.

But Id still rather use Giratine

Dialga vs. Palkia

Well, I think its obvious that Palkia looks 100X more amazing then Dialga because Dialga looks like a Giraffe. I think that is why they associated Dialga with pokemon Diamond and Palkia with pokemon Pearl. Everyone knows diamonds are better than pearls and everyone knows that Palkia looks way more amazing then Dialga, so the two games can be counterbalanced (the unintelligent choose diamond and the realists choose pearl). As far as type, I prefer Palkia, however, Dialga may have it beat with Roar of Time. But anyone who says Dialga is cooler is just saying that to defend their blunder in choosing a game based on the name and not the legendary.

Well, I think its obvious that Palkia looks 100X more amazing then Dialga because Dialga looks like a Giraffe. I think that is why they associated Dialga with pokemon Diamond and Palkia with pokemon Pearl. Everyone knows diamonds are better than pearls and everyone knows that Palkia looks way more amazing then Dialga, so the two games can be counterbalanced (the unintelligent choose diamond and the realists choose pearl). As far as type, I prefer Palkia, however, Dialga may have it beat with Roar of Time. But anyone who says Dialga is cooler is just saying that to defend their blunder in choosing a game based on the name and not the legendary.

Dialga... is a giraffe? We already HAVE a giraffe Pokemon! As for Palkia looking better, people have already stated that it looks like a giant... well, I'm sure you should already know.

Wait, what's this about Diamond and Pearl? We're talking about Dialga and Palkia, not the games. And... people who chose Diamond are stupid? If I recall corectly, the majority rules, and you're pretty much calling over 50% of the Pokemon fandom stupid.

About defending their "blunder", the same could be said about people who chose Pearl. And most people chose Diamond because 1. It's a "primary" version, like Red, Gold, Ruby, and FireRed, and 2. A lot of people prefer Dialga over Palkia. Pretty much only competitive battlers prefer Palkia. You sound like an elitist, saying that only what you say is right and everything else is wrong. Next time, use more sensible reasoning. :-/

Also, as much as I hate to say it, Spacial Rend>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Roar of Time

Palkia Owns

Ok. To defend that I would like to say that to see Palkia as a penis with legs, u really have to use your imagination because i see to shoulder plates and a protruding neck, however, that doesnt give Diamond owners the legitimacy to say that palkia looks like a dick. And you said that there is already a girraffe pokemon, well, i dont think the pokemon creators expected dialga to look so much like a blue girrafe with a funny-looking head. And I was saying that they associate the less appealing pokemon with the game name that will attract more buyers because honestly, most people who play pokemon are too young to realize that a game shouldnt be chosen based on name because diamond are clearly greater than pearls just like gold is clearly better than silver, so that whole thing about majority rules.... when ur mojority is in the second grade...idk.
I know this is really only my opinion, but my only reason for voicing it is because i feel that appearance-wise, it is clear-cut that palkia is sweeter than dialga and its annoys me when 60% of the people are a saying that Dialga is cooler when i know the reason diamond sales are greater. (which was forseen regardless of the legendary on the cover) And honestly, idk thing Spacial Rend is better than R.o.T. and I think saying that Palkia is stronger in battles is only an excuse to assert that it has greater appearances.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom