• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Palletshipping

Re: Palletshipping (and anything else really)

It'll be done soon. I'll post it on my deviantart and then link it here!

*raises hand* Meee! ^_^
By the way, xThirdSignerAki, I haven't seen you here before (or I must've been blind xD) I hope you'll be around for a while.

We really need more people here again. I'm writing a new chapter of one of my fanfics, but It's so much harder now one of my inspiration sources (the people who post here) are gone D:

...What we need is a nice discussion ^_^ or fan-stuff

Well I hav a disscusion

Ash and Gary are choosen to play a round of 7 minuets in heaven. What happens befor, during and after the game?

*raises hand* Meee! ^_^
By the way, xThirdSignerAki, I haven't seen you here before (or I must've been blind xD) I hope you'll be around for a while.

We really need more people here again. I'm writing a new chapter of one of my fanfics, but It's so much harder now one of my inspiration sources (the people who post here) are gone D:

...What we need is a nice discussion ^_^ or fan-stuff

I was stalking this site for years xD But I made a account recently C: Hope I can stay 8333

Hey where has the love gone? We need palletshippers to come and bask in our glory!

I am a palletshipping fan!Why?I......don't know exactly.Me and my cousin found a really good palletshipping video I'll post later if anybody wants.In one episode they play romatic music at the end with Ash and Gary so yeah XD THEY ARE INFORCING PALLETSHIPPING!

Yay a new fan! We hav peace restored! Lets hope u bring more fans! I'm getting very bored here on my own and a new palletshipper is just the medicine I need!

Haha I see I'm very welcome around here.As for a topic....Why would Gary taunt Ash if he likes him?

:D I'm back after a long time... I forgot my user name for a bit there, and yeah. XD... hehe -.-'' Any good fanfics going around that I haven't read yet?

Last edited:

Oh, there's the thread! I couldn't find it for a while since Bulbagarden upgraded their forums...
It's been so dead here. I was really hoping that some of the other fans would come back but I guess that's not the case. ):

Well it's good to see you, The Cool Honourshppr! Read my fanfics~! Just kidding. I only read the ones from FF.net so I can only give you suggestions from there.
Just saying that the story In Ruins by Lanie Kay-Aleese is finally finished so be sure to check that awesomeness out. :) Other than that, there are lots of new Palletshipping stories uploaded to FF. You can check those out as well.

Palletshipping? Honestly, I think that's the BEST thing out there! The anime creators SO need to make this CANON!!

The rivalry between Gary and Ash was just awesome - that battle at the Silver Conference was SUPER.

Everytime Ash would leave for a new region, the reason was because Gary was going, too. (Except for Unova). It's just sweet! Following your friend wherever he goes just to catch up with him...LOL

The anime creators need to bring Gary back to the show :)

I'm also a fan of palletshipping. :D I'm pretty open minded when it comes to shippings so I like pokeshipping AND palletshipping, but being a yaoi otaku honestly I'm more likely to do palletshipping writing.

I decided to start supporting PalletShipping today when I realized how many hints there are. I'm not exactly a big fan of the idea of Ash and Gary as a couple (as of now, at least), though. But I think that they are at least good friends who are an important part of each other's lives. Aside from Unova and the Orange Islands, Gary was why Ash travelled to different regions besides Kanto.

Last edited:
What'd happen in the English dub if Palletshipping happened?

What do you think if the original had Palletshipping actually happen and they started going out. Japan has a lot of shows that showcase two boys together. So it could very likely happen in like that last few episodes of the show. What do you think the English Dub would do. Do you think they would cut it out? :( There has yet to be a kid's show in America to specifically say that a boy was gay.

Re: What'd happen in the English dub if Palletshipping happened?

You mean assuming there were actually scenes of a date or something? I imagine it would be toned down in the dub to make it seem like Ash and Gary were just friends and hanging out. Anything more suggestive would have likely been cut, similar to how Misty slapping Ash was cut out of the first episode by 4kids.

Granted, there have been gay characters in Pokemon, most notably Harley and Zoey, but its not like we ever saw them actively hitting on other characters....well, for the most part anyway.

Re: What'd happen in the English dub if Palletshipping happened?

Um hellooo!! I've been following this thread for a while but only just decided to post. I've actually been a secret Palletshipping fan for a loooong time :) I think Ash and Gary are really really cute together, and I really love how Gary's character matures over the course of the show and how Ash responds to it. My favorite moments were the scenes during the silver conference when it was just the two of them out at night, staring at the moonlight. Siiigh...so romantic..

What do you think if the original had Palletshipping actually happen and they started going out. Japan has a lot of shows that showcase two boys together. So it could very likely happen in like that last few episodes of the show. What do you think the English Dub would do. Do you think they would cut it out? :( There has yet to be a kid's show in America to specifically say that a boy was gay.

I agree with Gliscor'd, they would probably just make them out to be really close friends. It probably wouldn't be that hard since its a kid's show in the first place, and the original uncut version wouldn't likely have anything past a kiss anyway. And a kiss would be easy to cut. But that would just be such a shame. :( Actually now that I think of it, they did this in Sailor moon where there was a lesbian couple (I forgot who) who mysteriously became cousins for the english version lol. They also changed the gender of guy in a gay relationship...I don't think that'd quite work with Pokemon, haha. I can't really imagine Ash or Gary as a girl, even if Ash seems to have a tendency to cross dress...

Does anyone know what happened to Gary's parents? I'm actually in the midst of writing a fanfiction that has to do with them initially, but I haven't seen every single episode (well to admit, I've only seen up to season 6), so I don't know if they ever talked about them.

Oh, it's been such a long since last time I were here xD Got a congratz from bulbagarden and remembered how active I was here and how this thread had a really important meaning to me :] good to see it's still around (thought a little dead...)

Maybe a new contest can bring it back to life a little bit? 8D Like a drawing contest, but let's first see how many that's interested ^.^

Oh, it's been such a long since last time I were here xD Got a congratz from bulbagarden and remembered how active I was here and how this thread had a really important meaning to me :] good to see it's still around (thought a little dead...)

Maybe a new contest can bring it back to life a little bit? 8D Like a drawing contest, but let's first see how many that's interested ^.^

I would be Very interested!

Back
Top Bottom